1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Charoshi, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Charoshi

Charoshi Charmander is best

Pretty self explanatory title. I don't think I really need to describe much else.

I remember trying to catch Victini, knowing it was so low in level, I decided I'd teach someone false swipe. Well, I turned to my Boxed Zoroark, thinking it would be able to learn it, but it could not. I really couldn't understand why. It was the illusion Pokemon, and it had sharp claws. Why no false swipe?

2. DooblyDooHaxorus

DooblyDooHaxorus Sometimes On.....

I wish Bisharp could learn Shadow Ball. It'd help loads.

And maybe Galvantula learning Venoshock, that'd be cool, but not completely necessary

3. Charoshi

The Venoshock thing would be nice, since it is based on a tarantula. I could see Bisharp with shadow ball too.

And Froslass should learn sheer cold, but for some reason only Glalie gets it.

4. Bisharp is Physical attacker, and Shadow ball is not helping it, and Ghost has same coverage with dark as well (Psychic and Ghost)

I want Heatran with Eruption but NOT with quite nature

5. DooblyDooHaxorus

DooblyDooHaxorus Sometimes On.....

True, I just want it as an in-game novelty, not competitive. That heatran would be nice.

On another note, Froslass and Kyurem need sheer cold baldy. I mean why do Glalie and Walrein have to get all the fun?

And not that this is a move, but if Regigigas didn't have slow start, I think it would be WAY more respected as the legendary it is

6. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Shuckle should be able to learn or be taught Seismic Toss

7. Charoshi

And it should be able to learn protect too. (REgigigas)

And Heracross should really be able to learn X-scissor. I was surprised it couldn't.

8. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Blissey should learn Power Split!

9. Charoshi

What about Luvdisc with heart stamp? Useless Pokemon, but the attack seems to fit.

10. emilyshortcake

emilyshortcake good left undone

flying types that cant learn fly -.-

11. Charoshi

Especially the big enough ones, like Yanmega. I think it even has a dec entry that says it can fly a person.

12. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Hey yea!
    It is themed perfectly.

13. emilyshortcake

mhm.and im pretty sure if i can fly on a pidgey i can fly on a gyarados or even an emolga xD

14. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Emolga can't fly!
    Mantine should though!

15. DrasticPhase

DrasticPhase Half ded

wondering how gyrados can fly...

16. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

like a Dragon? it is a flying type!

17. emilyshortcake

does aerodactyl learn fly.? >.>

18. Nyter

Nyter Island Challenger

Yes it does. My Aerodactyl knows it!

19. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

I don't see how reshiram cannot use earthquake. Try picturing this in the anime, blissey can create an earthquake but not this Goliath of a pokemon. On that note, if emboar can learn scald why can't reshiram. Who's more likely out of the two to create hotter water.

I'm sure there are a lt more but that's all i can think of atm

20. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

The Squirtle line not getting BubbleBeam, The Chikorita line not getting vine whip(without breeding), all the flying type pokemon that can't fly, and Garchomp and Gliscor not being able to fly.