1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Charoshi, Sep 5, 2011.

1. leafstormfire

leafstormfire ~Freezing Winds~

Um, Ampharos can't learn Tail Glow. That's just...lazy.

2. WeatherEffectRain

WeatherEffectRain Arm Wrestle?

Chandy with Levitate would turn Broken. But let's not talk about it.

I know, right? Nidoking and Rhydon get Surf too >.< Not to mention Kanghaskhan, Tauros, Snorlax, Sentret and Furret, Sneasel and Weavile, Miltank, Tyranitar, Zigzagoon and Linoone, Exploud, Makuhita and Hariyama, Aggron, Lati@s, Rampardos, Lickilicky, Herdier and Stoutland, Audino, Haxorus, Cubchoo, Beartic, Stunfisk, Druddigoon, Hydreigon and Bouffalant. I mean WOW MAN that's alot.

3. Riceslash

Riceslash The pangolin

Why on Earth can zangoose not learn cut? Also does anyone else find it strange that keckleon can't learn camouflage?

4. pikadon92

pikadon92 Raiden Maximus

^To be fair, after using camouflage, keckleon's colour change will most likely kick in and change its typing again, making the move useless.

5. startmirca

startmirca New Member

Serperior and Samurott should learn Earthquake and Bulldoze like every other fully evolved starter , even Pignite(who is a middle evolved starter) learns it but Serperior and Samurott don't ?!

Zekrom , Cobalion , Reshiram , Kyurem , Virizion , Keldeo , Bisharp , Genesect and Beartic(Ursaring does but Beartic doesn't?) should learn Earthquake as well .

Game developers had troll faces when making movesets for Pokemon in the 5th Gen ....

6. poopoop

poopoop SPPF STAFF

ludicolo with dragon dance and quiver dance would be cool

7. Larry

Larry Well-Known Member

Why can't Gyrados learn Fly?
    It's part flying.

8. Autis-misc

Autis-misc Abridger

Ive always wondered why the gastly line couldnt learn mist ball... seriously? the original series, they appeared out of MIST.

9. Mevejuma

Mevejuma Well-Known Member

Seeing as it dances a lot, I don't see why it shouldn't. Add Fiery Dance to that list too ;)

Have you seen the size of it's "wings"? They are extremely small in proportion to it's body.

10. Isn't that Latias' signature move? Usually, Legendary signature moves stay that way. Crustle should get Crabhammer, though. It would be a nice move for coverage, especially with Shell Smash.

11. Autis-misc

Autis-misc Abridger

Smeargle....

12. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

SMeargle doesn't count it can learn like 98% of the moves using sketch. They were talking about learning it naturally or through breeding which will never happen because it is a legendary's sig move.

13. Emeraldfan

Emeraldfan Well-Known Member

I agree with all who said that Flareon needs Flare Blitz. I mean, it's just like Volt Tackle, which a pikachu, with 4 legs, can perform. Flare Blitz is just the Fire variant, so why can't this dog/cat thingy learn it?

Also, Flygon should get Dragon Dance. I just think it can do that. They even gave Haxorus DD, and I really don't see that thing dancing...

14. CliveKoopa

CliveKoopa Well-Known Member

All pokemon should be able to use Tackle. That's probably the most basic physical attack ever.

All bipedal pokemon should be able to use basic fighting-type moves.

15. Annihilator

Annihilator Everyone's Watching

Tentacruel can't learn flash despite his pokedex entry:
    Also, Abra's pokedex entry:
    He can't even learn mind reader. -_-

16. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

Emboar-fire punch
    Mincino(or is it Cinccino? The fully-evolved one)-Bone rush
    Kyurem-Ice breath. It's an ice dragon for pete's sake.
    Cressalia-Cosmic power
    Umbreon-Cosmic power
    Espeon-Cosmic power
    It's a fox...How many times do I have to say that.

17. Manafi's Dream

Manafi's Dream フェアリータイプタイム

Galvantula - Sludge Bomb, Poison Fang (it's a spider, after all)
    Excadrill - Iron Head (it's only got one good physical Steel attack)

18. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

1. why?
    2. its mouth is frozen shut so it can't use ice BREATH
    3. yes
    4. why?
    5. why?

19. takbir10

takbir10 Banned

i am telling you people
    if emboar got mach punch it would be deadly

20. Axel The Eevee

Axel The Eevee Eeveelution Trainer

-Flareon with Flareblitz, it just needs it...
    -Espeon should be able to Hypnosis, it can learn Dream eater but cant really use it unless you have yawn but it still takes a while to work
    -Eevee should learn reflect.... again
    -Umbreon should learn crunch and shadow sneak(it would make him attack first)
    -Mightyena should learn crunch as well