1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

Discussion in 'Poképolls' started by Charoshi, Sep 5, 2011.

1. InsaneStar7

InsaneStar7 Technophile Trainer

Yes, but that doesn't count as stealing because they can't get it by level up/move tutor/breeding. When other standard Pokémon by the next version or a new generation comes up and updates/creates the move list of other Pokémon by getting other sig. moves like the Dweeble family can get Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker by leveling up, that would count as stealing the signature move.

Vespiquen will be really furious if her signature moves are shared/stolen to another species.

Ok, Moving on the topic.

Machamp - Mach Punch (The Pokédex says it can fire punches at blind speed)
    Sawk - Cross Chop (It should be able to learn it since it's a Karate Pokémon and I was surprised that Sawk couldn't learn it. Cross Chop is somewhat a Karate based attack move)

I think I that's it I could think of. :D

2. Spacial Rend

Spacial Rend Ultra Trainer

Golurk should be able to learn Shadow Sneak. It would make him a lot better and somewhat make up for that terrible speed.

And Machamp should be able to learn Drain Punch, I mean, he can learn almost every other punching move (and yes, Mach Punch would be good too)

3. Simipour

Simipour <('.'<) (>'.')>

That is incredibly convenient. It means the one pokemon has flame body and fly. So i can hatch 5 eggs at a time. I tried to teach it fly but didn't expect it to work, thought it had a slim chance. :D

4. PurpleSwampert

PurpleSwampert 4th gen 8/10 skills

Palkia can't learn Waterfall... I was devastated when I tried to make a gimmicky bulk up set, but I was like, "WHAT...." and decided Dive wouldn't be too good, (inb4 switch to vappy/kingra) and Aqua Tail wouldn't be reliable enough. (inb4 miss at important times)
    :\

5. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

If they ever make naked mole rat, colony ant or termite pokemon, I think the "queen" version should get those moves...

it's mouth is frozen shut so it can't learn any breathe moves....

Last edited: Oct 9, 2011
  6. Atratus

Atratus Antimatter Trainer

How come Throh doesn't learn Counter? It would be so good with it, and it fits him so well.

7. Newsy

Newsy Active Member

But he learn dragonBreath by level up...

8. Roughneck JB

Roughneck JB Well-Known Member

Here's my thoughts for now:

Tail Glow - Phione & Ampharos
    Sucker Punch - Crawdaunt
    Recover - The 4 Regis (Regirock's Dex Entry even says he can repair himself!)
    Aura Sphere - Every Special Sweeper who has to rely on Focus Blast's terrible accuracy!

9. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

They gave Vulpix/Ninetales and Politoed Groudon and Kyogres signature abilities if they can do that then they can give a pokemon a legendaries sig moves.

10. XXD17

XXD17 Draco rex

maybe the dragon energy melts the ice so he can open his mouth temporarily...the ice will just seal his mouth up more...

11. InsaneStar7

InsaneStar7 Technophile Trainer

It would be better if those new Pokémon of what you said should have their own special move rather than sharing it.

Still no, if a legendary has a sig. move. It stays exclusive to the Pokémon who owns it. Not counting to those event legendary Pokémon who has other legendary sig. moves.

12. BlazingCold

BlazingCold Well-Known Member

A bunch of pokemon have signature moves/co-signature moves.

V-create, Razor Shell, Heat Crash, etc.

13. rocky505

rocky505 Well-Known Member

I just freaking told you they gave legendary exclusive abilities to common pokemon, due to this there maybe a possibility that legendary signature moves won't be signature much longer.

14. unstopable373

unstopable373 Well-Known Member

Bulbasaur wants lick

15. Newsy

Newsy Active Member

If normal pokemon can learn legendary signature moves:
    Sacred Sword to Gallade and Samurott (and maybe Scyter)
    Magma Storm to Magcargo, Magby line and Camerupt.
    Lunar Dance to Clefairy line.
    Techno Blast to Porygon line.
    Psycho Boost to Alakazam.
    But I don't want this happen, because signature move is signature!

16. Annihilator

Annihilator Everyone's Watching

I have an idea - Lunar dance to lunatone. Ah...

17. Spacialrend

Spacialrend Gallade owns

Scyther not being able to Fly, despite having wings. Also for that matter many 3rd Stage Bug types including Beedrill, Venemoth, Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox, Mothim, Vespiquen, and Heracross, again all based on insects that can fly. Yet Doduo - Dodrio is based on a flightless bird (emu/ostrich/dodo) yet CAN fly.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  18. Zameric

Zameric Quicksilver Pirate

I was soooooo ticked when I found out the Zapdos cannot learn Hurricane in anyway!
    Zapdos with Rain Dance, Thunder, and Hurricane would be EPIC...
    There needs to be an event Zapdos with Hurricane!
    I'd go anywhere with-in Arizona to get it. >.>

I also couldn't believe how long it took Zubat and Golbat to be able to learn Fly.

19. Zachmac

Zachmac Well-Known Member

It can use Hyper Voice.
    The pokedex states that they don't like to fly, and it's very rare to find one doing that. On top of which, it's evolution only uses it's wings to control body heat.

20. Divisible by Waffle

Divisible by Waffle Smörgåsbord Rotunda

Breloom needs to learn Foresight. There's no real reason for the boxing mushroom to NOT be able to learn it when other Fighting Pokemon can, plus it would let me have my dream Breloom: Adamant nature, Technician ability, False Swipe/Spore/Foresight/Protect. What for? Catching other Pokemon, of course!