• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

President People

Eat The Path
It would be cool if Umbreon could learn Tail Glow. With it, Special Attack could finally be a decent path to take compared to Attack (Curse+Payback combo).

Also, Espeon needs Power Gem. I don't know how useful it would be, but any Pokémon with a gem on its body should be able to learn it!

Last edited:

493pkmns

secret suicune
Emboar seriously needs to learn more fighting moves. I know it has already been said but as a fire-starter fan (except torchic/combusken/blaziken) it needs to be said until nintendo gives us more fighting moves.

Marbi Z

Cin-Der-Race!
If normal types can learn multiple Moves types then there's no reason why switcheroo should be an egg move only for Lopunny!

Ryu.Recharged

ThunderDragonTrainer
Im not sure if anyone has said this yet but tyranitar should be able to learn crush claw.

And charizard should learn seismic toss lol
i always loved that ash's charizard knew it.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
And charizard should learn seismic toss lol
i always loved that ash's charizard knew it.

uh, Charizard CAN learn Seismic Toss, via 3rd Gen move tutor.

Innocent Squirtle

Venusaur/aromatherapy:seems strange for a pokemon that carries a giant flower on its back, don't you think?
Bronzong/heal bell: My favorite one. Bronzong is clearly based on a bell and it can't ring to help its teammates? bronzong would have made an awesome cleric with its defenses and typing.
Jynx/teeter dance: It is a humanshape pokemon that "rocks its body rhymically." There's no justification for it not to learn the move.

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Milotic needs to be able to learn calm mind. Imagine that thing's walling capabilities. There's no reason it can't, as it is said to be able to appear where two people are fighting and remove their negative emotions and calming their minds. And yet it can't learn calm mind. I seriously hope it will be able to in a later gen, if there is one. /rant

pseudoman

I thought kyurem ate pokemon...

Speaking of which, he needs ice shard pretty badly, every other 3rd legend got some sort of priority. Haxorus should learn megahorn too.

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
Pokemon Ruby #371: BAGON has a dream of one day soaring in the sky. In doomed efforts to fly, this POKéMON hurls itself off cliffs. As a result of its dives, its head has grown tough and as hard as tempered steel.*checks moveset* Can not learn Iron Head. Wtf?

Cooky

I have always believed that Eruiption should be Camerupt's signature move and only his. I mean, he ACTUALLY erupts fire out of his back. How does a Typhlosion 'erupt' ?? does he shoot fire out his but or something?

OshyHikari

c l a r i t y
It would be cool if Umbreon could learn Tail Glow. With it, Special Attack could finally be a decent path to take compared to Attack (Curse+Payback combo).

Also, Espeon needs Power Gem. I don't know how useful it would be, but any Pokémon with a gem on its body should be able to learn it!

Tail Glow is currently exclusive to Volbeat and Manaphy.

As for Power Gem, even Dialga and Palkia are not compatible with it despite gem-like features.

Ampy

Light The Stars
I have always believed that Eruiption should be Camerupt's signature move and only his. I mean, he ACTUALLY erupts fire out of his back. How does a Typhlosion 'erupt' ?? does he shoot fire out his but or something?

He has fire coming out of his back...

xXShinyUmbreonXx

Typhlosion is the Volcano pokemon, and can rub its fur together to create gigantic explosions, as well as being able to generate so much heat that it can make almost any object burst into flames. In addition to all of this, he has flames on his back that shoot up and get stronger when it is angered. It would be wierder if it couldn't use erupt.

epic man

STOP ACTA EVERYWHERE
*heheme* eneti = flare blitz (not counting the event)
rotom W=scauld
magikarp= v-create
hydregion= dark pulse (yes i know 4rth gen breed move but its impossable, yet i breed one and have a dark pulse denio ;) it sould learn it through level up)