• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

garchomp cant learn dragon dance.
i guess it cant dance?

jstinftw!

hey trainer
I think that all Pokemon that are naturally strong should be able to use strength. Without HMs.

And Pokemon with sharp claws or scythes or whatever should be able to cut. Without HMs.

And water Pokemon should be able to swim in the water, so they should be able to ferry people over water. Without HMs.

And Pokemon that can fly should be able to fly people. Without HMs.

You see where I'm going with this? They sjhould seriously just make Pokemon have to reach a certain level before they can do certain field moves, but making them use an HM slot for some of these needed moves are annoying.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
And it should be able to learn protect too. (REgigigas)

And Heracross should really be able to learn X-scissor. I was surprised it couldn't.
Regigigas needs to learn Rest so slow start is manageable. I mean Come On! you've been asleep for 1000 years & you can't learn REST?

The Whismur line should know perish song. its one of the 3 sound based moves it cannot learn. Similarly Exploud should get back Avalanche.

~Light

Emboar should've learned a good fighting move

It's Fire/Fighting but doesn't learn one good fighting move :/

Disregarding the Egg Move Superpower & Hammer Arm

The only fighting move it learns naturally is arm thrust :/

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
Garchomp really needs Fly. All its dex entries talk about its flight capabilities.

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I think every grass Pokemon should be able to learn Leech Seed.

And wtf Volcarona learns fly? =/

FireTypeLover

Mr. Soul Stealer
Emboar should've learned a good fighting move

It's Fire/Fighting but doesn't learn one good fighting move :/

Disregarding the Egg Move Superpower & Hammer Arm

The only fighting move it learns naturally is arm thrust :/

Technically, Emboar does learn Hammer Arm naturally since all you need to do is make it relearn Hammer Arm. Now, like you do, I wish Emboar could learn Superpower naturally.

And also, since someone said Regigigas doesn't need its ability, Slow Start, I'll say Archen and Archeops don't need their ability, Defeatist. Both of these abilties suck, and also there's Slaking's Truant. (you know, I just realized they created an other-wise good Pokémon with a horrible ability every generation after Generation III)

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I think Garchomp should fly, I think there was one flying in the anime.

ThePhoenixarisen9

Blazing Spirit
I think Garchomp should fly, I think there was one flying in the anime.

Yes. There was one flying in the anime.
Garchomp can surf, but not fly. -_-

Golurk should at least get fire punch. (Iron fist?)

Seismitoad without ice beam. (I didn't believe it when I saw it.)

Anything else?

Grass types not learning Growth. Charizard should be able to learn: thunderbolt (because it can learn thunder punch), earthpower (it can learn earthquake), energy ball (it can learn solarbeam), calm mind/nasty plot (it has better special attack and can learn moves to raise its attack). Ice types not learning good water moves (doesn't make sense to me). dragons should be able to learn a move to raise their special attack. Mewtwo and Gengar should learn Nasty Plot (I think that move fits them both pretty well).

Victory

Banned
All Flying types should learn fly, Pidove can carry it's trainer but Emolga can't? WTF!? Even Gliscor can't learn fly!

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Kyurem should be able to learn Frost Breath.