• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

TheEpicGoomba

Pidgey with Egg Bomb...

That makes sense, sort of.

I agree with the Serperior and Power Whip thing aswell as the Conkeldurr having the Elemental Punches.

I have two more. Blastoise, Wartortle and Squirtle should be able to learn Shell Smash. They have Shells but their Shells are apart of them I think so I'd imagine it would hurt.

Second is Heatran with Eruption. I though it could learn it until I watched that Pokemon Ranger episode of the Anime a few days ago. It lives in a volcano doesn't it?

Huspoel

If gyarados should be able to fly, Mantine should be aswell, since it's Water/Flying
Metagross should be able to have Gear Grind, since it has a computer brain, which has multiple gears.

EDIT : Heatran can learn Eruption in a Event.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
ARRGH, CONKELDRUNT NEEDS NOT ELEMENTAL PUNCHES OR ELSE MACHAMP SHALL BRING HIS CONUFSION-INDUCING PUNCHES OF 100-BASE POWER FURY, DYNAMICALLY BLASTING CONKELDURRP'S FACE IN UNTIL HE DIES.

Of course he'll get them, though :(

Ivanka

Freeeeeeeeee
I agree, Conkeldurr should get the elemental punches. Then the only thing better about Machamp would be the Dynamic Punch + No Guard combination.

Charoshi

Charmander is best
I think Murkrow could learn Pay Day, since you do collect coins out of it, and he is a crow.

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
I'd prefer it that stayed as an exclusive to the Meowth line. It's its signature move!

Pay Day would be pretty sweet actually; sorta like a pre-evo move to Honkrow. ;p
Purrloin can learn Pay Day via breeding by the way. ;o

EmiiLava

Joltik Queen <3
Golurk's an automaton, popularly seen in Japanese anime. They can fly. Just think Power Rangers, and you won't be far off. Damn, I've explained that so many times in the past year.

I do agree with you, though, Druddigon should learn Fly. Its wings might be too small, though, to allow flight. Then again, there's Pidgey...

Agreed. Pidgey can fly, so why not druddigon lol?

Hiro__

∞Melancholy∞
Espeon should get Aura Sphere just because it needs a fighting move. Really bad. Even focus blast would do I guess. :x And then... Nidoking should get bulk up tbh. I found it obnoxious when I learned it didn't get it. Dx

For some wierd reason, Gyarados doesn't learn Iron Tail but Milotic and a bunch of other pokemon who barely have tails like Magby does.

Last edited:

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
Mhm.

Also, anyone confused about Emboar? It doesn't get Fire Punch. And yet it's Black Dex says:

Emboar's Black Dex said:
It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin. It cares deeply about its friends.

It also does not get Helping Hand, as it might also imply, but meh.

Memo

Inchtall

Back in Black....2
If we can give Blastoise Shell Smash, the OU teirs will tilt. Finally, Blastoise shall rise from the UU, then tear apart the OU!

Linoone can't learn cut, but can learn Surf. What's up with that?

Arsène

What's with all the mention of elemental punches? They always show up in every generation after the first with the ability to be tutored to Pokemon one way or another.

Anyway, I'd love to see Earthquake somewhere on the Tao Trio (Zekrom, namely). If Lati twins get it...why not Zekrom of all things?

Mystica

Thrill Seeker
What's with all the mention of elemental punches? They always show up in every generation after the first with the ability to be tutored to Pokemon one way or another.

Anyway, I'd love to see Earthquake somewhere on the Tao Trio (Zekrom, namely). If Lati twins get it...why not Zekrom of all things?

Yeah, it really doesn't make much sense that out of all the other Dragon types, they're the only ones that can't learn it. XD

Duddruigon having those wing thingys and not learning fly! Seriously! How can Golurk; a robot ghost thing learn fly, and duddruigon can't!

imagine druddigon carrying a person.. imagine the pain of the person sitting on druddigon

Last edited: