• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

WeatherEffectRain

Arm Wrestle?
i know this isnt an attack but chandelure shouldve got the levitate ability.
and garchomp can learn surf wtf...
alot of physical based ground types can learn surf for some unexplainable reason and garchomp cannot fly yet i seen one flying in an episode once.

Chandy with Levitate would turn Broken. But let's not talk about it.

I know, right? Nidoking and Rhydon get Surf too >.< Not to mention Kanghaskhan, Tauros, Snorlax, Sentret and Furret, Sneasel and Weavile, Miltank, Tyranitar, Zigzagoon and Linoone, Exploud, Makuhita and Hariyama, Aggron, Lati@s, Rampardos, Lickilicky, Herdier and Stoutland, Audino, Haxorus, Cubchoo, Beartic, Stunfisk, Druddigoon, Hydreigon and Bouffalant. I mean WOW MAN that's alot.

Riceslash

The pangolin
Why on Earth can zangoose not learn cut? Also does anyone else find it strange that keckleon can't learn camouflage?

pikadon92

Raiden Maximus
^To be fair, after using camouflage, keckleon's colour change will most likely kick in and change its typing again, making the move useless.

startmirca

Serperior and Samurott should learn Earthquake and Bulldoze like every other fully evolved starter , even Pignite(who is a middle evolved starter) learns it but Serperior and Samurott don't ?!

Zekrom , Cobalion , Reshiram , Kyurem , Virizion , Keldeo , Bisharp , Genesect and Beartic(Ursaring does but Beartic doesn't?) should learn Earthquake as well .

Game developers had troll faces when making movesets for Pokemon in the 5th Gen ....

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
ludicolo with dragon dance and quiver dance would be cool

Autis-misc

Abridger
Ive always wondered why the gastly line couldnt learn mist ball... seriously? the original series, they appeared out of MIST.

Mevejuma

ludicolo with dragon dance and quiver dance would be cool

Seeing as it dances a lot, I don't see why it shouldn't. Add Fiery Dance to that list too ;)

Why can't Gyrados learn Fly?
It's part flying.

Have you seen the size of it's "wings"? They are extremely small in proportion to it's body.

Ive always wondered why the gastly line couldnt learn mist ball... seriously? the original series, they appeared out of MIST.
Isn't that Latias' signature move? Usually, Legendary signature moves stay that way. Crustle should get Crabhammer, though. It would be a nice move for coverage, especially with Shell Smash.

rocky505

Smeargle....
SMeargle doesn't count it can learn like 98% of the moves using sketch. They were talking about learning it naturally or through breeding which will never happen because it is a legendary's sig move.

Emeraldfan

I agree with all who said that Flareon needs Flare Blitz. I mean, it's just like Volt Tackle, which a pikachu, with 4 legs, can perform. Flare Blitz is just the Fire variant, so why can't this dog/cat thingy learn it?

Also, Flygon should get Dragon Dance. I just think it can do that. They even gave Haxorus DD, and I really don't see that thing dancing...

CliveKoopa

All pokemon should be able to use Tackle. That's probably the most basic physical attack ever.

All bipedal pokemon should be able to use basic fighting-type moves.

Annihilator

Everyone's Watching
Tentacruel can't learn flash despite his pokedex entry:
It alerts others to danger by stridently flashing the red orbs on its head.

Also, Abra's pokedex entry:
Using its ability to read minds, it will sense impending danger and teleport to safety.
He can't even learn mind reader. -_-

Zachmac

Emboar-fire punch
Mincino(or is it Cinccino? The fully-evolved one)-Bone rush
Kyurem-Ice breath. It's an ice dragon for pete's sake.
Cressalia-Cosmic power
Umbreon-Cosmic power
Espeon-Cosmic power
so why can't this dog/cat thingy learn it?
It's a fox...How many times do I have to say that.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Galvantula - Sludge Bomb, Poison Fang (it's a spider, after all)
Excadrill - Iron Head (it's only got one good physical Steel attack)

XXD17

Draco rex
Emboar-fire punch
Mincino(or is it Cinccino? The fully-evolved one)-Bone rush
Kyurem-Ice breath. It's an ice dragon for pete's sake.
Cressalia-Cosmic power
Umbreon-Cosmic power
Espeon-Cosmic power It's a fox...How many times do I have to say that.

1. why?
2. its mouth is frozen shut so it can't use ice BREATH
3. yes
4. why?
5. why?

takbir10

Banned
i am telling you people
if emboar got mach punch it would be deadly

Axel The Eevee

Eeveelution Trainer
-Flareon with Flareblitz, it just needs it...
-Espeon should be able to Hypnosis, it can learn Dream eater but cant really use it unless you have yawn but it still takes a while to work
-Eevee should learn reflect.... again
-Umbreon should learn crunch and shadow sneak(it would make him attack first)
-Mightyena should learn crunch as well