• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moves you think Pokemon should be able to learn, but can't.

InsaneStar7

Technophile Trainer
And before you say legendaries never lost their signature moves, Darkrai stole Dialga/Palkia's at that event. And Victini stole Zekrom/Reshiram's at that other event.

Yes, but that doesn't count as stealing because they can't get it by level up/move tutor/breeding. When other standard Pokémon by the next version or a new generation comes up and updates/creates the move list of other Pokémon by getting other sig. moves like the Dweeble family can get Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker by leveling up, that would count as stealing the signature move.

I think Beedrill sould get either the orders (attack, defend, heal)

Vespiquen will be really furious if her signature moves are shared/stolen to another species.

Ok, Moving on the topic.

Machamp - Mach Punch (The Pokédex says it can fire punches at blind speed)
Sawk - Cross Chop (It should be able to learn it since it's a Karate Pokémon and I was surprised that Sawk couldn't learn it. Cross Chop is somewhat a Karate based attack move)

I think I that's it I could think of. :D

Spacial Rend

Ultra Trainer
Golurk should be able to learn Shadow Sneak. It would make him a lot better and somewhat make up for that terrible speed.

And Machamp should be able to learn Drain Punch, I mean, he can learn almost every other punching move (and yes, Mach Punch would be good too)

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
I think every grass Pokemon should be able to learn Leech Seed.

And wtf Volcarona learns fly? =/

That is incredibly convenient. It means the one pokemon has flame body and fly. So i can hatch 5 eggs at a time. I tried to teach it fly but didn't expect it to work, thought it had a slim chance. :D

PurpleSwampert

4th gen 8/10 skills
Palkia can't learn Waterfall... I was devastated when I tried to make a gimmicky bulk up set, but I was like, "WHAT...." and decided Dive wouldn't be too good, (inb4 switch to vappy/kingra) and Aqua Tail wouldn't be reliable enough. (inb4 miss at important times)
:\

XXD17

Draco rex
Yes, but that doesn't count as stealing because they can't get it by level up/move tutor/breeding. When other standard Pokémon by the next version or a new generation comes up and updates/creates the move list of other Pokémon by getting other sig. moves like the Dweeble family can get Rhyperior's Rock Wrecker by leveling up, that would count as stealing the signature move.

Vespiquen will be really furious if her signature moves are shared/stolen to another species.

Ok, Moving on the topic.

Machamp - Mach Punch (The Pokédex says it can fire punches at blind speed)
Sawk - Cross Chop (It should be able to learn it since it's a Karate Pokémon and I was surprised that Sawk couldn't learn it. Cross Chop is somewhat a Karate based attack move)

I think I that's it I could think of. :D

If they ever make naked mole rat, colony ant or termite pokemon, I think the "queen" version should get those moves...

Absol needs crunch and brick break.
Kyurem needs ice breath. It's an ice dragon, for Pete's sake.
Marowak needs shell smash and rock polish.
it's mouth is frozen shut so it can't learn any breathe moves....

Last edited:

Atratus

Antimatter Trainer
How come Throh doesn't learn Counter? It would be so good with it, and it fits him so well.

Newsy

If they ever make naked mole rat, colony ant or termite pokemon, I think the "queen" version should get those moves...

But he learn dragonBreath by level up...

Roughneck JB

Here's my thoughts for now:

Tail Glow - Phione & Ampharos
Sucker Punch - Crawdaunt
Recover - The 4 Regis (Regirock's Dex Entry even says he can repair himself!)
Aura Sphere - Every Special Sweeper who has to rely on Focus Blast's terrible accuracy!

rocky505

They gave Vulpix/Ninetales and Politoed Groudon and Kyogres signature abilities if they can do that then they can give a pokemon a legendaries sig moves.

InsaneStar7

Technophile Trainer

It would be better if those new Pokémon of what you said should have their own special move rather than sharing it.

They gave Vulpix/Ninetales and Politoed Groudon and Kyogres signature abilities if they can do that then they can give a pokemon a legendaries sig moves.

Still no, if a legendary has a sig. move. It stays exclusive to the Pokémon who owns it. Not counting to those event legendary Pokémon who has other legendary sig. moves.

BlazingCold

A bunch of pokemon have signature moves/co-signature moves.

V-create, Razor Shell, Heat Crash, etc.

rocky505

Still no, if a legendary has a sig. move. It stays exclusive to the Pokémon who owns it. Not counting to those event legendary Pokémon who has other legendary sig. moves.
I just freaking told you they gave legendary exclusive abilities to common pokemon, due to this there maybe a possibility that legendary signature moves won't be signature much longer.

Newsy

If normal pokemon can learn legendary signature moves:
Sacred Sword to Gallade and Samurott (and maybe Scyter)
Magma Storm to Magcargo, Magby line and Camerupt.
Lunar Dance to Clefairy line.
Techno Blast to Porygon line.
Psycho Boost to Alakazam.
But I don't want this happen, because signature move is signature!

Annihilator

Everyone's Watching
I have an idea - Lunar dance to lunatone. Ah...

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
Scyther not being able to Fly, despite having wings. Also for that matter many 3rd Stage Bug types including Beedrill, Venemoth, Butterfree, Beautifly, Dustox, Mothim, Vespiquen, and Heracross, again all based on insects that can fly. Yet Doduo - Dodrio is based on a flightless bird (emu/ostrich/dodo) yet CAN fly.

Last edited:

Zameric

Quicksilver Pirate
I was soooooo ticked when I found out the Zapdos cannot learn Hurricane in anyway!
Zapdos with Rain Dance, Thunder, and Hurricane would be EPIC...
There needs to be an event Zapdos with Hurricane!
I'd go anywhere with-in Arizona to get it. >.>

I also couldn't believe how long it took Zubat and Golbat to be able to learn Fly.

Zachmac

It can use Hyper Voice.
Scyther not being able to Fly, despite having wings.
The pokedex states that they don't like to fly, and it's very rare to find one doing that. On top of which, it's evolution only uses it's wings to control body heat.

Divisible by Waffle

Smörgåsbord Rotunda
Breloom needs to learn Foresight. There's no real reason for the boxing mushroom to NOT be able to learn it when other Fighting Pokemon can, plus it would let me have my dream Breloom: Adamant nature, Technician ability, False Swipe/Spore/Foresight/Protect. What for? Catching other Pokemon, of course!