• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 14: "Victini & the Black Hero - Zekrom" & "Victini & the White Hero - Reshiram"

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Both villages are in both movies. The only thing different is the placement - the Zekrom movie has the desert village at the beginning and the ice village during Damon's explanation of his story, while they are inverted in the Reshiram movie. The same events happened in both villages too.

I meant I want to see the Reshiram one more because I prefer seeing the Ice Village as the beginning to the film, over the desert one, after I saw the beginnings to the films on the Pokemon Smash.

Cobalt_Latios

Okay, so apparently I was told that the movies were actually coming to theaters this time around. Not really believing that (I mean, I haven't been to go seeing on in theaters since.... 4?), I decided to check the English trailer, since apparently it's already been released. Lo and behold, December 3rd/4th (my guess, is that they're releasing both of them on different days?). Being in Canada, I can't help but feel the slightest bit skeptical, especially since we rarely get treatments like this. Also, selected theaters; making it even less likely.

So... any thoughts? Should I actually see if it is going to be playing in Canada around December? It just seems odd, that's all.

'CL

Somorio

Waiting for a hound.
Okay, so apparently I was told that the movies were actually coming to theaters this time around. Not really believing that (I mean, I haven't been to go seeing on in theaters since.... 4?), I decided to check the English trailer, since apparently it's already been released. Lo and behold, December 3rd/4th (my guess, is that they're releasing both of them on different days?). Being in Canada, I can't help but feel the slightest bit skeptical, especially since we rarely get treatments like this. Also, selected theaters; making it even less likely.

So... any thoughts? Should I actually see if it is going to be playing in Canada around December? It just seems odd, that's all.

'CL
Well, it's up to you, if it's in your area and your in the mood to go see it, well go see it, I'm not quite sure why you feel skeptical. Are you skeptical on whether the movie will be good or whether it's actually airing near you at all?

Cobalt_Latios

Well, it's up to you, if it's in your area and your in the mood to go see it, well go see it, I'm not quite sure why you feel skeptical. Are you skeptical on whether the movie will be good or whether it's actually airing near you at all?
Moreso the latter. When it's been roughly 9 years since the last movie I saw in theatres, hearing that it's coming to theatres does make me wonder if Canada is getting it or not. I hope so, it would be a great treat!

'CL

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I don;t think any of the theatres around here are Cinedigm... Drat. Oh well, I'll just watch it on CN.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
This is going to sound weird, but has anyone from the company ever stated what the budget usually is for any of the Pokemon Movies like this? I find it amazing that currently this movie's grossed the approximate equivalent of $53.4 million dollars over there!

Also, pumped to see that it's playing a town over from me (actually in 2 different towns over). Too bad I signed up for a retreat that weekend =\

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Haunter ゴースト

Pokémon Black: Victini & Reshiram will air on Cartoon Network on December 10th and December 11th

That's pretty cool to be fair, it makes you wonder why they even bother playing Movie White at cinemas, if people wait an extra 7/8 days they can watch a slightly different movie for free.

It wouldn't surprise me if the amount of people who were going to see it drop out now and just watch Movie 14 on CN, causing the cinemas to lose out on money.

IcySealeo

That's pretty cool to be fair, it makes you wonder why they even bother playing Movie White at cinemas, if people wait an extra 7/8 days they can watch a slightly different movie for free.

It wouldn't surprise me if the amount of people who were going to see it drop out now and just watch Movie 14 on CN, causing the cinemas to lose out on money.
I am more interested why they chose to play White in the cinemas instead of Black. I thought both of them will be played in the cinemas.

Aegon

I am more interested why they chose to play White in the cinemas instead of Black. I thought both of them will be played in the cinemas.
Pokémon White was more popular than Black when the two went on sale. I guess it was thought that more people would watch White - Victini and Zekrom since more have White.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Pokémon Black: Victini & Reshiram will air on Cartoon Network on December 10th and December 11th

No love for Reshiram, huh? Oh well, it's not like I'd be able to see it in theatres anyway.

Vipsoccermaster

Sweet. I found out about it earlier today here on the website, and Pokemon.com, too. I am going to record this soon enough. I'm still intent on watching Pokemon White in theaters, even if it means no closed captioning.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Meh. I guess it's an all right name, but I would have preferred something a little less... vowel-y. I don't see why the original couldn't have been kept. :/

Probably so there would be a theme with her daughter and her. Carlita, Juanita.

I expected Joan (as in Joan of Arc, since she's the one who mainly helps fight Damon) but I think PCI missed the French theme.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
So!

White airs in selected Cinedigm theatres on December 3rd and 4th.
Black airs on Cartoon Network on December 10th and 11th.

With that, lets end this thread! As this thread has rotten to such a degree that it's just foul to look at.

Probably so there would be a theme with her daughter and her. Carlita, Juanita.

I expected Joan (as in Joan of Arc, since she's the one who mainly helps fight Damon) but I think PCI missed the French theme.

Aren't they supposed to be native americans? Mexican/spanish names come closest then... xD

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
With that, lets end this thread! As this thread has rotten to such a degree that it's just foul to look at.

Aren't they supposed to be native americans? Mexican/spanish names come closest then... xD

From what I've seen, this will probably close after it airs in US theatre, the Zekrom one I think.

I don't think a spanish name would fit into this, but I still like it as a change from Janta. I also love her voice for the movie, I still can't wait to see it, in the dub and if I can order the japanese DVDs.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
From what I've seen, this will probably close after it airs in US theatre, the Zekrom one I think.

I don't think a spanish name would fit into this, but I still like it as a change from Janta. I also love her voice for the movie, I still can't wait to see it, in the dub and if I can order the japanese DVDs.

Well, that's fair in a sense, but I don't consider this to be of extra value for discussion anymore.. Everything has been said, and everything that could be said is all about what happens in the movie that people have already seen..

All that's left to speculate here is about how stuff will sound, voices, and what noise the Starter evolutions, Klinklang, and Hydreigon will make. It's just not interesting.

Anyway, it's quiet on the forums today..

Status
Not open for further replies.