• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 15 airing July 11th, no standard episode this day

Status
Not open for further replies.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
There is a break the week after always so yes we should assume that is the case.

Lol not always. Last year we didn't get a second break on July. It ended up airing 3 episodes that month.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
I thought the first movie was airing replacing the 16th movie? Can remember where I read that!!

Movie 1 aired on TV Tokyo about a month ago as a separate Friday morning special. It didn't replace anything.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Boy, they sure have been making these movies more quicker than they have been making good plots lately. I wish these movies were to have more revelence to to the anime instead of seeing legendaries all the time that no one can catch.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Boy, they sure have been making these movies more quicker than they have been making good plots lately. I wish these movies were to have more revelence to to the anime instead of seeing legendaries all the time that no one can catch.

You're acting if it's a new trend?

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

They are doing ir once a year like always they aren't making them quicker, its always second week of July one per year(or most of the times), we got the double movie at the start of BW with Reshiram and Zekrom but thats the only anomaly.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
It doesn't really matter to me since nothing important is happening in DA at the moment

dman_dustin

Let me see if I got this straight.

According to Bulbapedia, Meloetta's special (from the Keldeo Movie) is airing the 8th of August, and at the same time M15 is airing alongside a prologue the 11th.

So instead of perhaps using that break to let Naruto catch up.

There's going to be 3 weeks of no new episodes of Pokemon (thankfully the breaks will be separated). That, is just ridiculous. But I guess that means, they don't really have enough episodes to make it till Pokemon XY Anime without taking some kind of break.

Now, I could be wrong though, but that's what it looks like to me.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
It's nothing new. They've always aired both last year's movie and last year's short as separate specials to celebrate the new movie. It's just that it's been 10 years since last time we had a short in the first place, so this practice has been taking a break for equally as long.

There'll be a break for Naruto later, no doubt.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Correct. This is commonplace for this time of year. It has nothing to do with them not having enough episodes as they have this all planned ahead of time. There will be no long break. There will be one further week off maximum. Maybe not even that (Naruto has a habit of not taking a week for catchup in the last year or two)

dman_dustin

It's nothing new. They've always aired both last year's movie and last year's short as separate specials to celebrate the new movie. It's just that it's been 10 years since last time we had a short in the first place, so this practice has been taking a break for equally as long.

There'll be a break for Naruto later, no doubt.

Correct. This is commonplace for this time of year. It has nothing to do with them not having enough episodes as they have this all planned ahead of time. There will be no long break. There will be one further week off maximum. Maybe not even that (Naruto has a habit of not taking a week for catchup in the last year or two)

Okay, I see. I just didn't figure the special was that important, and I guess for this instance it makes sense, considering the prologue of Mewtwo is playing instead of the special.

But what exactly was the reason for that one Pikachu short eating up a time's slot a year ago, two years ago? Or was in that instance to make up for the two episodes that were skipped because of the Earthquake? Because if it is of that reason, then okay, but if it wasn't. What was the point?

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Dogasu had a likely explanation of that.
As we know, episodes are written with the assumption they will air on certain dates, and sometimes fit into certain real-life events, like new game releases, merchandise releases, Pokemon event (like the recent Jirachi episode), etc.
Since 2 episodes had been skipped in March, all episodes of the show were shown 2 weeks before they were intended to, and they needed to fix this. As such, we got a special airing of a short most viewers had never seen o kill one of these weeks. Not too long after, a baseball break killed the other week, and from that point everything aired when it had been intended to.

This is also likely the point it was decided to not air those two skipped episodes, hence the need for something else to fill that gap.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.