• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 15: Kyurem VS The Sword of Justice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Actually after some thinking, this movie could solely be based on the four Musketeers.

Movie 4 was simply Celebi (event) and Suicune (trio member), I can see this being based on Keldeo (event) and Cobalion (trio member), yet the other Musketeers will appear but with a smaller role.

Us fans have just gotten too used to having a big variety of legendaries in each movie these days...

That's because the Celebi movie was actually planned to be in the animé, with Suicune set up as special from the start (Don't Touch That 'Dile) and with the future game of Crystal in mind.

They just converted the plot to be 'movie-worthy'.. Originally they were going to shoot for a Ho-Oh/Beasts movie if I remember correctly...

Haunter ゴースト

That's because the Celebi movie was actually planned to be in the animé, with Suicune set up as special from the start (Don't Touch That 'Dile) and with the future game of Crystal in mind.

They just converted the plot to be 'movie-worthy'.. Originally they were going to shoot for a Ho-Oh/Beasts movie if I remember correctly...

Yeah that is true (and man I wish they did that back then) but still, it is a movie so there's no reason why the same kind of legendaries wouldn't star again, it seems that way at the moment.

SnivyBoy

I dont think Kyurem will be appearing in anything soon but you never know tbh :/

Also I think the reason that people are paying more attention to Kyurem recently is because Black and White have been out all most a year now so everyone is expecting a joint game pretty soon and to be fair they should they have done it with all the other games there no reason they wont with Black and White :)

Oshakpop

Eeveelution Master
Hopefully we get a trailer soon. They are usually out at the end of November, so a few more weeks and we should have a good gist of who's going to appear (even though the trailer will probably show like one or two pokémon)

Kameinu

Arooo!
Um..there are people who actually questioned the next movie being the Muskadeers? o_O

I think the only thing that should looked at in terms of wether it'll appear in the next movie or one after is Kyurem.

All third version mascots have appeared in the second movie of their generation. Plus all the press Kyurem's been getting lately.

Personally I'd rather see Kyurem star alongside Meloetta, but that possibility it won't is there. Specially since I don't see any potential for an original, not done to death in the Pokemon anime story when it comes to the Muskadeers movie.

rocky505

All third version mascots have appeared in the second movie of their generation. Plus all the press Kyurem's been getting lately.
Blastoise was not the main pokemon of Movie 2000.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl

Third version = Director's Cut, and Yellow was the Director's Cut of Gen I. Pikachu may not have been the focus Pokemon but in terms of Pokemon roles it's the protagonist of the film alongside Ash.......What am I getting at, again?

Oh, that Kyurem'll be the main Pokemon of the Musketeer film? Fock that.

Locormus

I dont think Kyurem will be appearing in anything soon but you never know tbh :/

Also I think the reason that people are paying more attention to Kyurem recently is because Black and White have been out all most a year now so everyone is expecting a joint game pretty soon and to be fair they should they have done it with all the other games there no reason they wont with Black and White :)

They've been out for a lot longer then a year in Japan. A generation lasts about four, and we for the past two generations, got games at the beginning, halfway in and at three quarters in. We're nearing the two year mark.

If the second Best Wishes movie comes in August, then I'm 95% sure that there will be a new game in September to go along with it.

You are right. But contextually, you're wrong. He said 'appeared'.. And Blastoise did appear in Revelation Lugia, so anyway you want to turn it... You're wrong.

Third version = Director's Cut, and Yellow was the Director's Cut of Gen I. Pikachu may not have been the focus Pokemon but in terms of Pokemon roles it's the protagonist of the film alongside Ash.......What am I getting at, again?

Lol, Yellow wasn't the 'director's cut' of Gen I.. Yellow was the quick attempt to fish in some more money since the animé did well beyond expectations. They patched it over Blue so that they could make more money before the animé would stop airing, since the animé was supposed to be an intended 1,5 year deal anyway. If they didn't do Yellow, then the franchise would just stop at Blue, which was just a 'glitchfree'er version' of the original two and didn't cash in as much, whereas with the popularity of the animé, they knew that Yellow would and that they would go out with a bang. Simple as that.

Thankfully, they got 'the call' from above and they could continue on with producing Gold and Silver, where you could call Crystal the director's cut off.. Yellow, however much I love it, was just a means to make more money of the animé...

And Elice, mind the language, because was that really necessary? Rayquaza was the 3rd version mascot in Destiny Deoxys, but it had a small role. Kyurem could have a similar role, where Keldeo and the Muskadeers would be the main focus and Kyurem could just be the start of the problem, only to dissappear until the third movie.. :/

thunderblade12

You're really grasping at straws here though. Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, and Lugia were the stars of Pokemon 2000. Ash and Pikachu are just as much the stars of this movie as they were in the Lucario or Arcues movies.

Why is this fanbase so dead set to jump all over every detail and be all "BWWWWWW PATTERNS!"

Personally this is how I think the movies will play out in BW:

Movie 14: Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram
Movie 15: Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Movie 16: Meloetta, Kyurem and possibly a Hoenn legendary like Jirachi
Movie 17: Genesect and possibly a 6th generation pokemon

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Is this a joke? The fact that there are still 3 unavailable legends proves this gen will have a few more movies to cover them all.

If it were being cut short we would see this promotion for all of them earlier.

Thriller

Its almost time
Nah, Meloetta won't be getting a movie, methinks. Genesect could get an epic movie about it wiping out humanity, sure, but not Meloetta.

Locormus

Considering they have two more event pokemon for the last film, I don't see why Keledo wouldn't be in this one.

Blink, blink...

Is this a joke? The fact that there are still 3 unavailable legends proves this gen will have a few more movies to cover them all.

If it were being cut short we would see this promotion for all of them earlier.

You seem to say that there will only be three movies ('two more events for the last film'), however, that would be cutting short, as most other generations had four movies each. Best Wishes has had one, and still three pokemon to debut, so four movies would be reasonable.

But if you're saying that there will be three movies, as implied in your first post, then your second post makes no sense as that then must mean that we should see promotion for all of them earlier, which we are not seeing...

And Thriller, you're kidding right? Event pokemon always get there movies, that's the way it goes: Mew, Deoxys, Jirachi, Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus, Zorua/Zoroark, Celebi, Victini...

I didn't list Celebi right after Mew, eventhough it did get its movie in Johto. That was due to a shift in plans from incorporating it from the animé, into a movie and wasn't originally intended.. But it still got its movie in Sinnoh, with an extra event even..

Kameinu

Arooo!

The Kanto era shouldn't be considered when it comes to how movies where handled. There where only two, and they where starting to find their footing.

I honestly cannot imagine a movie centering around Kyurem. Him having a role similar to Rayquaza or Suicune.

If he is to appear alongside the Muskadeers, it'll most likely be causing some trouble without meaning to harm anything..nothing more.

But I'd rather have him have that role alongside Meloetta, since it'd be only two Pokemon to focus on. Not five. And he could be developed more. Because it's most likely a given that Keldeo will have a starring role similar to Shaymin and Zorua.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan

Kyurem is awesome, and it should be the main pokemon in the next movie.

Last edited:

SnivyBoy

They've been out for a lot longer then a year in Japan. A generation lasts about four, and we for the past two generations, got games at the beginning, halfway in and at three quarters in. We're nearing the two year mark.

If the second Best Wishes movie comes in August, then I'm 95% sure that there will be a new game in September to go along with it.
:/

You know what I when it cam out in Japan didnt even cross my mind lol :D

So yer I agree with you mabye they are promoting Kyurem because its got a movie out sooner then we expected :)

mockingjay

swift and lol

The pattern's been that the previous region legendary appears in the last movie, this being the 17th. That's what I think anyway.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Genesect doesn't get a movie at all. Save it for the Plasma v Rocket conclusion (if any)

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
You're really grasping at straws here though. Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos, and Lugia were the stars of Pokemon 2000. Ash and Pikachu are just as much the stars of this movie as they were in the Lucario or Arceus movies.

Why is this fanbase so dead set to jump all over every detail and be all "BWWWWWW PATTERNS!"

Personally this is how I think the movies will play out in BW:

Movie 14: Victini, Zekrom, and Reshiram
Movie 15: Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizion, Keldeo
Movie 17: Genesect and possibly a 6th generation pokemon

>Implying that my post was serious

Patterns are key in every single fanbase on the face of the Earth, but Pokemon's is different in that most of the time we're trolled for even thinking about such things. I definitely think that there should be two or three more films for Unova with those Pokemon in each film, but unless they portray it as canon I can't honestly see Genesect being in a film. By then, they'd have to re-establish it's ties to Team Plasma, and I don't see why they wouldn't do that in the anime when they did it for Mewtwo.

....Was Team Rocket mentioned in regards to Mewtwo in Red/Blue/Yellow?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
....Was Team Rocket mentioned in regards to Mewtwo in Red/Blue/Yellow?

Nope, Mewtwo is tied to Team Rocket in a number of outlets of the franchise, including the anime, but it was never linked to the Team in the games. Genesect is the first Pokemon to be explicitly linked to a regional Team by the games.

As for what that might imply for anime and/or movie appearances, it's anyone's guess at this point.

EDIT: My apologies for answering an off-topic question.

Anyway, as for whether the Musketeer Quartet will appear with other legendaries or be the sole focus, I'd be OK with Kyurem appearing as well as long as the Pokemon all received decent focus. Should Unova 3 be announced by movie time, I'd expect an alternative Kyurem forme to be present in the movie. Otherwise, Kyurem (and whatever additional formes it may get) would probably be bumped to the next movie down the line.

Last edited:

Locormus

Nope, Mewtwo is tied to Team Rocket in a number of outlets of the franchise, including the anime, but it was never linked to the Team in the games. Genesect is the first Pokemon to be explicitly linked to a regional Team by the games.

As for what that might imply for anime and/or movie appearances, its anyone's guess at this point.

Which is not the point of this thread, so I'll just point it back to the Muskedeers.

I wonder what the story will be like. I'm sure I'll like it though as I like this set of legendaries very much. third to the legendary beasts and birds..

Status
Not open for further replies.