• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Maybe that Oshawott in the short is a random one. There was a random Wobbuffet in the Meloetta short, right?

On Topic: They're distributing a Mewtwo with its DW ability that is Unnerve. Genesect won't be able to eat its berry, how evil is that?
Most shorts have the groups Pokemon in them...so it likely is Ash's Oshawott

diakyu

Pretty sure the shorts pick the cute, popular pokemon. Doesn't matter if they are on the team or not.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Apologies if I'm flogging a dead horse by now, but I feel it would be interesting if the relationship between Mewtwo and Genesect was like that of Batman and the Joker. It feels like Genesect would work really well as the anti-Mewtwo (partly due to having type advantages over him and similar yet different backstories), and perhaps a reflection of what Mewtwo probably would have become had it not been for Ash's sacrifice - a cold, heartless killer who has strayed too far to be turned back. I want N's belief of "Pokémon modified by science lose their natural beauty" to be more of a belief - I want it to look like N had a point in stopping the development of Genesect by having it (them?) behave irrationally and perhaps slightly insane (assuming N was involved in Genesect's animé backstory).

Holy hell, I second this theory all the way. I don't think the writers are smart (or daring) enough to do this kind of clever writing, but that would be glorious.

dman_dustin

The more I think about it, even if it takes place during Episode N, I still don't think any team changes are gonna occur outside of Charizard possibly leaving the group before the movie. That would just be too confusing for those who don't always watch certain episodes

Wouldn't not watching certain episodes actually alleviate any confusion?

I mean if Person A were not to watch the episode where Oshawott hypothetically evolves, but watches the Genesect movie AND sees Oshawott, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be puzzled, unless they knew about Dewott, even though they didn't watch it evolve.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Explain the movie website saying that Ash is still in Unova.

Meaningless. The movie websites have been wrong before (Movie 14's showed TR in black uniforms even long after they went back to white) and even if you ignore that, if the movie website actually mentioned Kanto or the islands, it would have spoiled us far in advance of this being revealed.

He is in Unova as of the time the site was created, therefore, it is not actually inaccurate.

Joltik-Kid

Wouldn't not watching certain episodes actually alleviate any confusion?

I mean if Person A were not to watch the episode where Oshawott hypothetically evolves, but watches the Genesect movie AND sees Oshawott, I'm pretty sure they aren't going to be puzzled, unless they knew about Dewott, even though they didn't watch it evolve.
That actually makes a lot of sense... which means I really need to put a lot more thought into my posts :/

Haunter ゴースト

That actually makes a lot of sense... which means I really need to put a lot more thought into my posts :/

That was weird, I was literally just about to respond to your last post saying exactly what dman said (aside from the Oshawott=Dewott reasoning).

---

I can't believe Movie 16's placement is causing this much debate.

I feel it fits better in Episode N, that's my opinion but am i complaining? No.

It's either going to place in Episode N, or DA. Nothing more nothing less. Is it not possible to wait for more information? Or have people actually resorted to caving in on the confusing/misleading information despite it going on for 16 years?

Joltik-Kid

That was weird, I was literally just about to respond to your last post saying exactly what dman said (aside from the Oshawott=Dewott reasoning).
I've have weirder coincidences XD

It's either going to place in Episode N, or DA. Nothing more nothing less. Is it not possible to wait for more information? Or have people actually resorted to caving in on the confusing/misleading information despite it going on for 16 years?
Like right now, because I was gonna say something like this, though I don't care about which season it fits more into...

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

---

The only reason I even brought it up was so people would stop with the movie poster crap.

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
I wonder if they'll be having a shiny Genesect event for the movie. I know there is a Mewtwo event for the movie already, but maybe have a 2nd event?

LizardonX

Banned
There is no reason why it cant occur during dekoroa. was kingdom of the vale located near nimbasa city? Was roshan city and the train tracks anywhere around icirrus? well then why can't they go from dekoroa to new tork? Oh BTW miju is still not evolving

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
There is no reason why it cant occur during dekoroa. was kingdom of the vale located near nimbasa city? Was roshan city and the train tracks anywhere around icirrus? well then why can't they go from dekoroa to new tork? Oh BTW miju is still not evolving

That doesn't change the fact that they were still in Unova and that those movies weren't actually cannon.

No one wants him to I want him to leave lol

Kein

AKA Silktree
Meaningless. The movie websites have been wrong before (Movie 14's showed TR in black uniforms even long after they went back to white) and even if you ignore that, if the movie website actually mentioned Kanto or the islands, it would have spoiled us far in advance of this being revealed.

He is in Unova as of the time the site was created, therefore, it is not actually inaccurate.
It may not be conclusive proof, but it is definitely not meaningless. The biography didn't have to mention any region; the Movie 8 website didn't say anything about Hoenn or Kanto.

Joltik-Kid

No... that's simply an anime take on a Pokemon's Ability.

If you went by that logic, Movie 1 shouldn't be canon since in the games Mewtwo never had anything to do with Team Rocket at all (and we all know Movie 1 had scenes in the anime regardless). Also, Movie 2 shouldn't be canon since there is no statement Lugia controls the bird trio.

There are tonnes more reasons why you're logic isn't correct, but you get the point.

Besides, as of right now Kyurem hasn't appeared in the anime so we don't know it's anime story yet.
Not true about Lugia, PMD (while a spin off game) made mention that Lugia is indeed the Trio Master of the birds. Plus it makes sense since Ho-Oh is the Trio Master of the beast.

Haunter ゴースト

Not true about Lugia, PMD (while a spin off game) made mention that Lugia is indeed the Trio Master of the birds. Plus it makes sense since Ho-Oh is the Trio Master of the beast.

Ah, never noticed it in the MD games, but still i'd be weary about it since the main series is different to the spin-offs. In the MD games remember that Pokemon (legendaries specifically) all have different roles and background stories. It's an entirely different universe.

Anyway, I agree it makes sense Lugia is the master but nothing has been confirmed in the main series games at least.

Joltik-Kid

Ah, never noticed it in the MD games, but still i'd be weary about it since the main series is different to the spin-offs. In the MD games remember that Pokemon (legendaries specifically) all have different roles and background stories. It's an entirely different universe.

Anyway, I agree it makes sense Lugia is the master but nothing has been confirmed in the main series games at least.
Fair enough, though by today's standards, most people consider Lugia the master, as all trios (except the Tao trio) have one. Before you say the weather trio, Rayquaza is said to be the internal master, much like Landorus

Pretty sure the labs in Cinnabar mentioned the testing they did, insinuating that they created Mewtwo. Then again, I played it a long time ago, so perhaps not.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
The guys at Cinnabar Mansion did create Mewtwo in the games, but Team Rocket had no part in it. And there wasn't any intention of bringing a dead girl back to life, they just made Mewtwo because someone said "You know what? Let's make the world's strongest Pokémon!"

Status
Not open for further replies.