1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by KibaLG8, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bushido Bob

Bushido Bob Darkwraith

Presumably they were following the anime's lead, just like the PMD bit about Lugia was.

2. Kein

Kein AKA Silktree

There is no way to tell what the game background behind Mewtwo's creation is. The mere fact that Dr. Fuji became Mr. Fuji implies that the story is a lot more involved than what you're suggesting.

3. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

Read the journals in Cinnabar Mansion. They describe Mewtwo's backstory pretty well (even saying that Mewtwo was born like real clones, not grown independently). And if Mewtwo was always meant to have been made by Team Rocket, then why haven't the games mentioned it by now? Even Genesect had Team Plasma mentioned in it's Pokédex entry, so why would Game Freak leave out what's a pretty important detail?

4. Kein

Kein AKA Silktree

You misunderstood me. I don't think that Team Rocket had anything to do with Mewtwo in the games, but your claim that the in-game Dr. Fuji just randomly created Mewtwo has no factual support. I'm aware of the in-game quotes (not just the one from the journal), and they hint at a deeper story.

5. Sushi

Sushi unspecified Staff Member Super Mod

6. Icarus©

Icarus© Full on PASBLer

This movie looks great and its the first pokemon movie i actually want to watch..
    Its interesting to see mewtwo after that fiasco where kidnapped ash.... yeah
    I hope we get a shiny genesect event when this movie comes to the us :D

7. The Great Butler

The Great Butler Hush, keep it down

So in last week's episode, Ghetsis spoke to a Plasma Grunt who informed him that "Project G" (which we already know to be the Genesect project) had "not found its target yet" and that they were expanding operations.

From that we can tell that they're using the Genesect to look for something or that they are actively looking for the already-escaped Genesect. If it's the latter, maybe they really will appear in the movie in some regard? And if it's the former, what is it that the Genesect are supposed to be looking for? Is it possible they somehow discovered Mewtwo's existence and are trying to draw him out?

8. spikyearedpichu

spikyearedpichu Dawn of the XY Era

So that means...Ghetsis is Giovanni in disgust!! Nah!! Interesting but only TR and the scientist know about Mewtwo!!

9. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I wondered this too, it's possible.

Not entirely true, anybody could have seen Mewtwo lurking about New Tork City.

Don't forget Ash and Co. know of it's existence anyway.

10. LadyLady

LadyLady Well-Known Member

I'm so excited for this movie tho, just think we all thought there was no way Mewtwo would cruelly be in this movie, but like what the hell, he's here! Nostalgia or what, omg I really wanna know what that cocoon thing is though, I'm hoping its a rebirth kinda thing for the original genesect so Mewtwo and him can have a full on battle, eek

11. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Do we have confirmation that this movie will be in Unova yet??

12. Kein

Kein AKA Silktree

Ash's biography on the movie website says as much, but there are people who think that's a mistake. I doubt we'll get more conclusive proof than that.

13. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Damn it....

Still think this movie will be in Unova. It doesn't make sense to me for the Genesect to leave Unova.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2013
  14. Haunter ゴースト

I still believe this Movie takes place during Episode N.

15. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

Yeah I think it will too, even just going off the landscape its kinda weird if New Tork City is on an island even if it is huge. Plus like it was said before why would they just leave Unova and go island cruising?

16. Haunter ゴースト

Well, the reason they're going cruising is because in the anime they are actually done with Unova now. They're leaving, heading back for Kanto. I just find it hard to believe Movie 16 would take place in a bunch of Islands much less relevant, 4 months away from the Episode N storyline and cameos which Movie 16 have made.

17. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

Sorry I was talking about Genesect island hopping not Ash

18. Haunter ゴースト

Ah right.

To be honest, I can see the simple reason being that they are travelling all over creating havok (and searching for something) so it's completely logical they can travel anywhere and not only Unova.

However I still believe Movie 16 is during Episode N for the reason I stated above.

19. Dephender

Dephender Gizakawayusu Staff Member Moderator

Reminder: There's been absolutely no official word that the Decorora Islands is not considered part of Isshu.

20. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

There isn't a confirmation, but the orange islands aren't part of kanto, so it'a pretty inferential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.