• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
It has appeared on Pokémon Smash as well

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Oh man, the new Pokemon has got me so pumped up for this movie!! So if its like a new form for Mewtwo, then maybe its used to be able to defeat that red/shiny Genesect?

I'm still not sure about the rest of the Genesect Army..

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
This is weird...we didn't received any merchandise cover up but we did get "New Mewtwo form"

- So what are the chances we get something more in this movie?

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
- So what are the chances we get something more in this movie?

I'd say pretty good. Since we're getting a trailer on the 18th, I'd say that things are not as they seem to be, which both worries and excites me. I'm worried because the movie/story may end up being disappointing/bad, but I'm excited because at least we know for sure that Mewtwo plays a fairly big role in the movie no matter what happens. The Genesect also seem to me like their role has gotten more objective--they are the antagonists, but maybe not on purpose. So it'll be interesting to see exactly what they have in mind for where the story will end up.

I'm still going to expect the Red Genesect to be female and talk, and for the story to be pretty dark. One of those expectations should be at least touched upon in the movie for sure--most likely the latter, but we'll see what the trailer hints toward to.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
I'm still going to expect the Red Genesect to be female and talk, and for the story to be pretty dark. One of those expectations should be at least touched upon in the movie for sure--most likely the latter, but we'll see what the trailer hints toward to.
Genesect most likely won't have a gender revealed or touched upon, it probably won't even have an ambiguous gender.(Like Shaymin) Genesect is basically a cyborg-ish Pokemon. I wouldn't expect a super dark story, this is still Pokemon anime and I expect story's tone to be similar to the Zoroark movie's mainly. I don't really see Genesect talking, maybe telepathy but not talking.

It'll be interesting to see how the writers go about portraying Genesect's abilities and speed, if anything Genesect seems like Colress's "ideal" Pokemon. Getting a flashback to him and Dudley working on it will be pretty cool. I'm mainly anxious about how Genesect's personality will be, I doubt it'll be able to talk or use telepathy but still Genesect I'm really curious on whether or not it will have a moral compass.

What of Dragonite, Sableye, and Charizard? They play a role in this movie and Emolga, the starters, Axew, and Pansage probably appear in a group Pokemon scene. Since this movie is canon to the show I'd like to see Dragonite and Charizard get wins off two members of the Genesect army. That might be little more than a pipe dream at this point. Mewtwo in his new forme is probably the only one who can stand up to Genesect, we already know Pikachu can't do it. I'm really glad to see older Pokemon appearing too, the visuals look beautiful and I don't see any off-model images of Iris.(The movie drawers finally got it right.)

Something I would like to see return are "beginning battles" something like what we saw in the Darkrai movie with Katsumi's Infernape and Croagunk for example(Very amazing animation.) or the Entei movie. Though each member of the BW trio getting one of those battles against the Unova final form Starters or some non-Unova Pokemon would be cool.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Genesect most likely won't have a gender revealed or touched upon, it probably won't even have an ambiguous gender.(Like Shaymin) Genesect is basically a cyborg-ish Pokemon. I wouldn't expect a super dark story, this is still Pokemon anime and I expect story's tone to be similar to the Zoroark movie's mainly. I don't really see Genesect talking, maybe telepathy but not talking.

It'll be interesting to see how the writers go about portraying Genesect's abilities and speed, if anything Genesect seems like Colress's "ideal" Pokemon. Getting a flashback to him and Dudley working on it will be pretty cool. I'm mainly anxious about how Genesect's personality will be, I doubt it'll be able to talk or use telepathy but still Genesect I'm really curious on whether or not it will have a moral compass.

What of Dragonite, Sableye, and Charizard? They play a role in this movie and Emolga, the starters, Axew, and Pansage probably appear in a group Pokemon scene. Since this movie is canon to the show I'd like to see Dragonite and Charizard get wins off two members of the Genesect army. That might be little more than a pipe dream at this point. Mewtwo in his new forme is probably the only one who can stand up to Genesect, we already know Pikachu can't do it. I'm really glad to see older Pokemon appearing too, the visuals look beautiful and I don't see any off-model images of Iris.(The movie drawers finally got it right.)

Something I would like to see return are "beginning battles" something like what we saw in the Darkrai movie with Katsumi's Infernape and Croagunk for example(Very amazing animation.) or the Entei movie. Though each member of the BW trio getting one of those battles against the Unova final form Starters or some non-Unova Pokemon would be cool.

Maybe they will have a beginning battle against a gen 6 pokemon, like donphan in the first movie.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
A new trailer in 10 days. At least we have more to look forward to. Also, apparently the title changed again.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Serebii has been calling it Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens for awhile now, or at least since Eclair was leaked (when I started to notice). I didn't realize the sub-title changed from The Reawakening of Mewtwo. Unless that wasn't the true title in the first place...

Honeyichigo

The manliest
Serebii has been calling it Extremespeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens for awhile now, or at least since Eclair was leaked (when I started to notice). I didn't realize the sub-title changed from The Reawakening of Mewtwo. Unless that wasn't the true title in the first place...

Those are just slightly different translations of the same title.

Haunter ゴースト

Sigh, it's the same title.

----

False alarm everyone.

GenesisHD

X and Y Dev

dman_dustin

Since this movie is canon to the show I'd like to see Dragonite and Charizard get wins off two members of the Genesect army. That might be little more than a pipe dream at this point. Mewtwo in his new forme is probably the only one who can stand up to Genesect, we already know Pikachu can't do it.

Well there is a difference between red Genesect and the normal ones, and I can't see them having Mewtwo knock them all out, it should be focused on red Genesect the stronger, faster one.

Everybody else should be focused on the other Genesect, even if they don't necessarily win (conflict resolved), they should be able to hold their own really well, until Mewtwo can resolve the conflict somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.