• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Well, at least there's little chance of some guy we've never heard of with no affliation to Plasma being credited for Genesect's creation in this movie.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
With this announcement of "Episode N" in today's new Best Wishes episode, could that potentially mean that Team Plasma has gets left out of this film if they are covered in the anime? Or if this film does incorporate Team Plasma somehow, could it be adding on to the story-line of the anime kind of like how Mewtwo was in the OS?

What if the Episode N arc is a prologue for the movie, which ultimately ends up being N and the twerps VS. Ghetsis and Genesect?

Bushido Bob

Darkwraith
What if the Episode N arc is a prologue for the movie, which ultimately ends up being N and the twerps VS. Ghetsis and Genesect?

I imagine the Episode N arc will at least tie-in with and foreshadow the movie. The fact that this arc was revealed right before the time for movie info probably isn't a coincidence.

As for N + Ash and co. VS Ghetsis and Genesect, that would be amazing. I'm not getting my hopes up for that level awesomeness though. I can see N possibly being a main character in the movie, but Ghetsis not so much.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I imagine the Episode N arc will at least tie-in with and foreshadow the movie. The fact that this arc was revealed right before the time for movie info probably isn't a coincidence.

As for N + Ash and co. VS Ghetsis and Genesect, that would be amazing. I'm not getting my hopes up for that level awesomeness though. I can see N possibly being a main character in the movie, but Ghetsis not so much.

Someone's got to control Genesect, and in what little story we're given in the games, we know that N opposed its creation. If not Ghetsis, it should be Colress or the Shadow Triad.

What I'm seeing is Chapter of N highlighting N's evolution from being naive of Ghetsis's intentions, then the movie being the final stand between the now-heroic N and Ghetsis, who has since been revealed to be the real villain.

supersarepi

Or maybe 'Episode' N is the movie? I don't think anyone here thinks its only one episode, so it could very well be the movie. Also, we're expecting movie info right now aren't we? This could well be it. Why would they advertise two major features (episode N and the genesect movie) at the same time?

Last edited:

Bushido Bob

Darkwraith
Someone's got to control Genesect, and in what little story we're given in the games, we know that N opposed its creation. If not Ghetsis, it should be Colress or the Shadow Triad.

What I'm seeing is Chapter of N highlighting N's evolution from being naive of Ghetsis's intentions, then the movie being the final stand between the now-heroic N and Ghetsis, who has since been revealed to be the real villain.

While we've at least got near-confirmation Team Plasma will play some part in the movie, I still wouldn't put it past the anime writers to make it a cameo at the beginning and have some original ex-Plasma scientist be the antagonist. Perhaps Colress could indeed fill that role... Fuji did have a character loosely based on him, after all. Though in Colress' case we know he had nothing to do with Genesect.

I'd honestly like for Ghetsis and the whole of Team Plasma to appear, but I don't want to get my hopes up.

Or maybe 'Episode' N is the movie? I don't think anyone here thinks its only one episode, so it could very well be the movie. Also, we're expecting movie info right now aren't we? This could well be it. Why would they advertise two major features (episode N and the genesect movie) at the same time?

Nope. The movie site hasn't updated, and the title being "Best Wishes Season 2 Episode" is a dead giveaway that it's not a movie. Why wouldn't they advertise these two major features together? Have the Episode N arc air in the anime as the movie related to it gets advertised and released. It makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

Kein

AKA Silktree
While we've at least got near-confirmation Team Plasma will play some part in the movie, I still wouldn't put it past the anime writers to make it a cameo at the beginning and have some original ex-Plasma scientist be the antagonist.
That's what happens in Genesect's in-game event. Scientist Dudley mentions N, but he obviously doesn't work for Team Plasma anymore.

I still expect this movie to revolve around a new Pokémon. Otherwise, there is no reason why Genesect wouldn't be kept a secret until February.

Last edited:

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
After seeing N is going to be part of the anime I got a feeling this movie will be tie to the anime!! And by next week we will finally get a new teaser trailer :D

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
What's wrong with Genesect being his own agent? Mewtwo wasn't controlled by Giovanni for the main part of M01.

Mewtwo's link with Team Rocket was also entirely of the anime's creation. Genesect is the only Pokémon whose origin is explicitly linked in the games to an evil team, unless Shadow Lugia is counted.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Well, I think Genesect escaped at some point, given its event only status and little mention of it by Plasma. Even if it didn't, it's unlikely Plasma would use Genesect in the film, seeing how N was against it anyway, and if we're talking B2W2 Plasma, I think that they'd settle with Kyurem as their W.M.D - a dragon that freezes things and becomes more powerful by absorbing its other thirds is slightly more menacing to them than a cyberbug that shoots lasers.

dman_dustin

Hmm... Shouldn't some merchandise revealing other Pokemon in the movie have popped up by now?

I think those type of Merchandise actually comes out mid December.

Though I don't recall the merchandise that basically confirmed Dawn's Swinub was going to be a Mamoswine by the next movie. Or when the movie poster of the Arceus movie, confirmed that Ash's Chimchar and Staravia were evolving.

But I don't think they are doing that any more.

I don't think we got any spoilers for the first BW movie or the 2nd BW movie (outside of Crustle).

Bushido Bob

Darkwraith
I think those type of Merchandise actually comes out mid December.

Though I don't recall the merchandise that basically confirmed Dawn's Swinub was going to be a Mamoswine by the next movie. Or when the movie poster of the Arceus movie, confirmed that Ash's Chimchar and Staravia were evolving.

But I don't think they are doing that any more.

I don't think we got any spoilers for the first BW movie or the 2nd BW movie (outside of Crustle).

Last year M15 merchandise was revealed on November 30th. Movie plot info in general is what is supposed to get show in the middle of December.

dman_dustin

Last year M15 merchandise was revealed on November 30th. Movie plot info in general is what is supposed to get show in the middle of December.

The lack of merchandise might hint even more at 6th generation Pokémon being in the movie.

And they don't want to spend money the on merchandise without said 6th generation Pokémon. So they're just waiting until Nintendo gives the ok (I think it's Nintendo who decides when something is revealed, over Gamefreak or the Pokémon company).

But I don't know, I'm sure we'll get a crap load of information in December. I think the January Edition of coro coro (comes out December 15 or so), is supposed to have a lot of information about this movie, so there's that to look for.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Speaking of merchandise, would a transforming Genesect action figure sound plausible?

N...

I can see Colress controlling Genesect if he doesn't appear in the new saga

Arceusgamer14

If N appears in that movie, and if Team Rocket uses Genesect. Then I think N & Mewtwo and the 6th Gen Pokémon are on a mission to destroy Team Rocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.