• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD

True, but that still means Gen 6 won't come till 2014.

You're right, and the last movie always focuses on new legendaries rather than old ones.

But you seem to be forgetting something.. this is Best Wishes they can do whatever they want and it seems like they have been breaking a lot of trends lately so they could show a Gen VI Legendary Pokemon or a regular Gen VI Pokemon if they want to. But anyway Mewtwo vs Genesect or Gen VI Pokemon vs Genesect sounds pretty cool.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
When we get a preview for it I wonder if there will be any spoilers, fingers crossed.

If your referring to Main Cast Pokemon spoilers, a preview/poster of that wouldn't be until Early 2013.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I wonder when Genesect will be officially revealed, though? Some rumours say that in August (already), and if it indeed is shown in the trailer already, there's no point in hiding it any longer. But that leaves almost a whole year before the actual movie comes out and they have to use something to promote the movie within that time. So I really wouldn't rule out the possibility of a 6th gen Pokémon appearing (maybe not a legendary one, but a random one). The games wouldn't have to come out until 2014 or even later, remember Munchlax? It appeared in Destiny Deoxys in 2004 but D/P weren't released until 2006. A similar scenario could happen here.

But I don't know, I guess they could put Jirachi or some other older monsters in as well, or then just use Unova's legendaries again. They could emphasize the possible appearance of Team Plasma (and N?), and knowing their history, I wouldn't be surprised if we have Reshiram/Zekrom/Kyurem + company in this movie as well, haha. I bet that the mention of Team Plasma would get people interested, but we'll just have to wait and see what they're up to! Can't wait!

LightSuicune

True, but that still means Gen 6 won't come till 2014.

You're right, and the last movie always focuses on new legendaries rather than old ones.

Zoroark and Zorua are NOT legendary. Just NEW Pokemon in general are always featured in the last move before a new generation.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Glad to see that Genosect is going to be in the spotlight for this film even though we already had a sense that he would be. Besides, I actually could see a new form of it making a debut here. Though this new form would be more like how Baby Mewtwo was instead of something like Keldeo's Resolution Forme. You know, Something like a pre-technological version of it before Team Plasma suited it up with it's technological cannon.

Other than that, I could see this turning into a "Mewtwo Vs. Genosect" film before the film comes ou next July. I mean, Every other film's preview in the previous film is totally different from what it turned out to be. Take the teaser for the Zoroarkfilm for example. It was shown to be something like a Ho-oh vs Lugia type of film before it turned to a film about Celebi and Zoroark. Though the preview of the Giratina film would make more sense here since of Regigagas rising out of a glacier while it didn't do anything like that in the film except awakening from a temple instead.

G50

No longer posting
It would be nice if both the new TP and TR are both in this movie, each catch one of Mewtwo and Genesect, and fight over them.

It would be nice if both the new TP and TR are both in this movie, each catch one of Mewtwo and Genesect, and fight over them.

id prefer old plasma over team rocket. like they find mewtwo & convince it to help them stop new plasma and genosect

G50

No longer posting
Old TP and New TP would be a good alternative.

Maybe even all three, and one surprisingly is the good guys for some reason ;)

Bisharp

Though the preview of the Giratina film would make more sense here since of Regigagas rising out of a glacier while it didn't do anything like that in the film except awakening from a temple instead.

I'm sad that this scene didn't made it into the movie.

Did you saw how friggin GIANT that one Hand was? Bigger than friggin Trees. Imagine now the whole Regigigas of this size.

sCiZoR_2006

Cascade Trainer
The best idea I've read here so far (and one I had in mind myself) was a Genesect VS Mewtwo senario. I could see the writers bringing Team Plasma into the fold just for this movie, since they haven't had much action in the anime. I wish there is some form of set-up for the movie over the next year like how they set up Movie 1 (Gary's Viridian Gym match against Mewtwo).

We should be getting out first look at the new movie in December, around the time Movie 15 comes out on DVD.

Haunter ゴースト

I wish there is some form of set-up for the movie over the next year like how they set up Movie 1 (Gary's Viridian Gym match against Mewtwo).

Agreed, i'd love to see subtle hints/tie-ins of the Movie. Mewtwo tied in with three episodes of the anime.

EP063 where Gary battled Mewtwo, EP064 where it appeared in the background of Giovanni and EP065 where it blew up TR's Headquarters.

We should be getting out first look at the new movie in December, around the time Movie 15 comes out on DVD.

Well actually, the earliest we could get a look at the preview is possibly July 14th when Movie 15 airs, if not we may see the preview on the Movie website give or take a week from the airing of Movie 15.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Another Pokemon movie. *sigh* I wished that Team Plasma would be in this and not just some boring villians we care nothing about. But all in all, a movie is still a movie. Meaning it means nothing to me.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
We don't know that it's focused on Genesect. We know it has Genesect in it, but not that it's the only star. Remember, we all thought Celebi was the star of the Zoroark movie until Zorua and Zoroark were revealed in the February before release.

Pokémon featured in the anime before they're in a movie don't tend to get a major role in a movie; the anime's done their advertising. See Ho-Oh, Raikou (until the Zoroark movie, at least) and Cresselia.

Oh, sure. I'm jumping wildly to conclusions.

Fun, though. :p

We did? The working title was 'Phantom Champion Z'.. That didn't lead me to the conclusion that Celebi was going to be the main pokemon..

Eitherway, in response to you and Serebii, while I do acknowledge that this is probably the last Best Wishes movie, I don't know if this will include the first GenVI-pokemon. Remember the Manaphy movie, it was and remains and AG film and, while it does cameo Kyogre, there's no noticable role for the Hoenn legends, and we got the Lucario movie afterwards. And then the Gen4 games.

So while Genesect might be the last Gen5 legendary to need a movie, and we may get a Gen6 legendary movie afterwards, that doesn't mean that this will be the last Gen5 movie at all, or that Gen6's games will arrive on our doormats next year.

Arceusgamer14

If Genesect gets a official anounncemt from Nintendo showing it's artwork this year.
Than I have a feeling that Gen VI may come early than we thought like maybe next year. Maybe the Gen VI Pokémon will side with Mewtwo.
Besides I wouldn't mind for Gen V to end earlier than Gen III & IV. Because I really REALLY WANT Pokémon to get out 0f 2.5D become full 128-bit 3D and head on the 3DS (A handheld with Gamecube like graphics) and I want the anime saga to go back to having Four Main Characters or more like AG had with Ash (Hero) May (Female Trainer) Max (Smart little boy) and Brock (Chef and caretaker) and have a female character to be a trainer from the games this time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.