• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Besides, I'm pretty sure Dudley was more involved with Genesect than Colress (if he was even involved in the project) - he was the only guy who still worked on it.

I had no clue who Dudley was. So I had to Google him. So he's the guy that worked on Genesect eh? Well, he does seem like the most obvious choice to use in the movie. But, I somehow doubt the writers would do that. :/ I hope they do.

dman_dustin

Besides, I'm pretty sure Dudley was more involved with Genesect than Colress (if he was even involved in the project) - he was the only guy who still worked on it.

I don't know, maybe Colress was supposed to be Dudley but they changed their mind, because of the generic scientist sprite, and it would probably made no sense, to give him a generic one or even a new one.

So they just created Colress instead and kept Dudley.

Besides Colress would probably make more sense. He's more of a scientist than Dudley. But maybe they both can be in the movie.

Colress could be the head scientist, potential antagonist, while Dudley is the brains of the operation.

I'm sure the head scientists of a science/technology organizations aren't the only ones who come up with something innovative, a lot of it probably comes from the grunts.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Or maybe, as I've said before, Genesect could be the primary villain, with no one controlling him. Also, I find that whole "Colress was meant to be Dudley" thing unlikely.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
If in the unlikely event that Mewtwo DID come back, it would pretty much mean that Genesect's the bad guy (since Mewtwo isn't gonna be evil again anytime soon, and hey, when you put two legends in the same room, what else can happen?).

Also, fans would be squeeing and declaring it the best movie ever.

Alexander18

Dragon Pokemon fan
I assume Genesect would be the only legendary as there is no word on others, maybe its better that way, consider the last movie had Cobalion, Virizion, Terrakion, Kyurem and Keldeo in it.
I wonder if team plasma maybe in it, considering it was modified by them unless I'm wrong about that.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I doubt Plasma would play a physical role in the movie, considering that they're likely getting their own saga in the animé proper - putting them in a big role in the movie would pretty much be redundant. It's pretty much the same reason why the kami trio are likely never going to get their own movie.

dman_dustin

I doubt Plasma would play a physical role in the movie, considering that they're likely getting their own saga in the animé proper - putting them in a big role in the movie would pretty much be redundant. It's pretty much the same reason why the kami trio are likely never going to get their own movie.

Dialga and Palkia being in the movies didn't prevent them from having an television role.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
You've got it mixed up - 2 major television roles would make a movie featuring the kamis pretty redundant.

Arceusgamer14

Dialga and Palkia being in the movies didn't prevent them from having an television role.

Yeah Dialga and Palkia's role in the Movies were about their rivalry about Time & Space colliding each other and it cause them to hate each other, where it effected Giratina and Giratina's hatred on Dialga and Palkia for nearly destroying it's only home The Reverse World, in their final movie the cause of all this was from Arceus awakening in a rough way that borders Time Space & Anti-matter.

It didn't stop them from being controlled by Cyrus who were forced to destroy the Universe, but was stop and Cyrus falls into the hole to disappear like being sucked into a Black Hole and vanished.

dman_dustin

You've got it mixed up - 2 major television roles would make a movie featuring the kamis pretty redundant.

I was solely referring to Plasma having a role in this movie as well as the television series, not the Kami trio.

A small band of Plasma grunts and even Colress, wouldn't be impossible.

Especially if Colress isn't even going to be in the anime.

Would be interesting though if Colress was in the Genesect movie and in the anime. Would be the first time a movie was made where a character recognizes the "twerps" because they had dealings with each other in the actual anime.

Would be very interesting.

Genesect will for sure appear in the next movie. I'm not sure if Mewtwo will really appear though, and if it's really going to make an appearence in the 16th movie so I guess it won't destroy everything while fighting Genesect. Maybe it will fight Genesect to control it, and when it's controlled then Mewtwo could help Genesect to free it's anger.
Or did everybody forgot that Mewtwo was turned into a good guy in the first movie?
My theory is that seeing that there's another pokemon suffering the same issue it once suffered, it will appear to help it out and control it, because Mewtwo is in fact the only one who understands Genesect and can control it in some way.

Is good to point here that I didn't watched all the pokemon movies. So if I'm missing something please someone tell me.

King Shuckle

Don't be daft
This is very intriguing, as this movie will more than likely take place during the filler arc after Ash and Co. are done in Unova (or they remain there for a World Tournament, or whatever it is that follows.) At this point, are we to expect the first 6th gen Pokemon in this movie? With the 3DS being out, and the Wii U just released, it only makes sense that GameFreak will move on to bigger and better things. I mean Unova didn't drag on too long so it's going to be interesting to see where this movie takes place, whether it be in a different region, or what. I can't wait to see Genesect though. Should be a cool movie.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.