• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Thing is, said contrast would work better if Genesect was the Pokémon it originally was. Unless the contrast is meant to be like "Ipod in the Ice Age" and not another "Neanderthal in New York" story.

The thing is that Team Plasma is only clearly known to have altered Genesect's body, not its mind. So even though its body is upgraded with all matter of cybernetics and machinery, if Genesect still has the same mind it had 300 million years ago, it would be out of place in the modern era.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I kinda find it hard to believe a development meeting for Genesect went like this:

SCIENTIST 1: Well, we've added a slew of cybernetics to Genesect's body, so what else can we do?

SCIENTIST 2: I know! Let's put Google Earth in his brain so it has full geographical knowledge of the world! In fact, let's rewrite Genesect's memory to make it believe it has always existed in the modern world! Y'know, to stop it going crazy and dangerous and running into some obnoxious kid who might try to break its programming and stuff.

SCIENTIST 1: ....Pffffthahahahahaha! That's stupid! Altering its brain, adding geographical knowledge, ha.... What next, adding a "Hive Drive" or a "Metal Drive"?! Oh wait, what about putting in an urge to kill all life?! Oh, man, Joe, you come up with some cray-cray ideas...

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Although I think that new pokemon will appear in the movie (or the short, or the anime itself), I start to doubt that there's a "secret" pokemon to be unveiled in the movie. Why?

Looking in the past movie thread archives, I'll find that a ??? already appeared around this time already. Until now exist zero merch from Febraury and March who contain a ??? in it. Also, the title doesn't suggest a new pokemon like other movies did, and specially there isn't a Z in it.

Apparently the secret pokemon to reveal this Febraury are going to be Mewtwo. Mewtwo appears in many merch for March but doesn't get an official announcement yet.

The other recurring pokemon in merch are Rayquaza. Although has merch from earlier than Mewtwo merchandise release dates. I don't see Rayquaza being the co-star of the movie.

Although I'm not going to follow the idea of that Mewtwo will appear fighting Genesect. But Mewtwo vs Genesect is a very likely match-up.

Last edited:

e9310103838

Although I think that new pokemon will appear in the movie (or the short, or the anime itself), I start to doubt that there's a "secret" pokemon to be unveiled in the movie. Why?

Looking in the past movie thread archives, I'll find that a ??? already appeared around this time already. Until now exist zero merch from Febraury and March who contain a ??? in it. Also, the title doesn't suggest a new pokemon like other movies did, and specially there isn't a Z in it.

Apparently the secret pokemon to reveal this Febraury are going to be Mewtwo. Mewtwo appears in many merch for March but doesn't get an official announcement yet.

Mewtwo is old Pokemon.

There is no reason if it appears in the main plot is not publicized in advance. If Mewtwo appears, it will debut next trailer.

And we did not get any new Pokemon in Arceus movie...... in addition to Arceus and Spiky-eared Pichu. ;269;

Janovy

Banned
The title will most likely get updated in January (probably January 3rd which is when we should get new info concerning this movie) and by then we should know if there's any chance of gen 6 Pokémon starring with Genesect. Zoroark/Zorua were revealed in February so by then, anything is possible.

Haunter ゴースト

The title will most likely get updated in January (probably January 3rd which is when we should get new info concerning this movie) and by then we should know if there's any chance of gen 6 Pokémon starring with Genesect. Zoroark/Zorua were revealed in February so by then, anything is possible.

Agreed, however like i said a few pages back, how are they going to extend the title? The only thing that logically makes sense is "Extremespeed Genesect VS X POKEMON", and we've had that kind of title quite a few times already. I suppose we could get "Extremespeed Genesect AND X POKEMON" but that doesn't sound exciting.

Janovy

Banned
Agreed, however like i said a few pages back, how are they going to extend the title? The only thing that logically makes sense is "Extremespeed Genesect VS X POKEMON", and we've had that kind of title quite a few times already. I suppose we could get "Extremespeed Genesect AND X POKEMON" but that doesn't sound exciting.
I could see "Extremespeed Genesect VS ____ " .

I don't know, but I'm sure they'll find a way.

JD

Extremespeed Genesect vs Pokemon X

Only for Pokemon X to be the "Purple Notch-Cannoned" Genesect :p

Bushido Bob

Darkwraith

I've seen one theory that "Extremespeed Genesect" itself is the title hinting at a new Pokemon, as in "Extremespeed Genesect: Pokemon X".

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Mewtwo is old Pokemon.

There is no reason if it appears in the main plot is not publicized in advance. If Mewtwo appears, it will debut next trailer.

And we did not get any new Pokemon in Arceus movie...... in addition to Arceus and Spiky-eared Pichu. ;233;

Arceus was the new pokemon in that movie.. Zoroark movie was the pre-new-gen-movie.. This is the pre-new-gen-movie of this series, nothing else is possible. Genesect has already been debuted last year, so that's off the court.

I've seen one theory that "Extremespeed Genesect" itself is the title hinting at a new Pokemon, as in "Extremespeed Genesect: Pokemon X".

Wait.. What? As in, Genesect's little brother from Gen6? Mindblown.. o.0

Beeblebrox

The other recurring pokemon in merch are Rayquaza. Although has merch from earlier than Mewtwo merchandise release dates. I don't see Rayquaza being the co-star of the movie.

Although I'm not going to follow the idea of that Mewtwo will appear fighting Genesect. But Mewtwo vs Genesect is a very likely match-up.

The Mewtwo merchandise appears to be related to the anime, not this movie. As far as I'm aware, we haven't seen any shiny Genesect merchandise, either.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Mewtwo is old Pokemon.

Zekrom was an 'old' Pokémon too, yet it was the 'addition' to the original Victini movie title.

There is simply not enough evidence that Gen 6 is coming in 2013 to conclusively say that a new Pokémon will be in this movie or not. The biggest piece of evidence is that Genesect was revealed in 2012, but because it is apparently in Chapter of N, that along with B2W2 promotion may be why.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
There is simply not enough evidence that Gen 6 is coming in 2013 to conclusively say that a new Pokémon will be in this movie or not. The biggest piece of evidence is that Genesect was revealed in 2012, but because it is apparently in Chapter of N, that along with B2W2 promotion may be why.

Back in late 2009 and early 2010 we didn't think Gen V was coming out the next year either. That's why people were speculating a Johto BF arc because we didn't know the new saga was coming so quickly.

Its obvious now they announce new gens at the last minute. I remember we didn't even know about BW until like May or June of 2010...only 3 months before it came out.

LizardonX

Banned
Back in late 2009 and early 2010 we didn't think Gen V was coming out the next year either. That's why people were speculating a Johto BF arc because we didn't know the new saga was coming so quickly.

Its obvious now they announce new gens at the last minute. I remember we didn't even know about BW until like May or June of 2010...only 3 months before it came out.

It's better off this way the long wait for skyrim almost killed me. I would rather be in limbo than speculate constantly.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

DP was already the same length roughly as AG at that point. If BW didn't come out in 2010, DP would have been abnormally long.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
DP was already the same length roughly as AG at that point. If BW didn't come out in 2010, DP would have been abnormally long.

But if the games get delayed, its not like the anime writers have any choice.

They could either chose to not make episodes for 6 months, (which is unheard of, since the anime has never taken a break since 1997 for more than 1-2 weeks), or just continue with some type of alternate filler arc.

Honestly had Tracey not been created, then Ash/Misty/Brock would have gone for 5 years straight with no breaks. So it wouldn't be unheard of for a group to go that long, especially since Tracey only existed out of a misconception for foreign audiences.

water trainer

Knuckle Trainer
I've always thought that if the anime writes had to wait for the new generation to come and if there was a 6 month break that they shouldn't carry on those 6 months with Ash but instead do other characters, kinda like Pokemon Chronicles, a monthly character, 4 episode story arcs about Misty, 4 about Oak/Tracey/Delila, 4 on May, 4 on Brock, 4 on Dawn, 4 on Gary/whoever. Would keep things interesting between those gens.

I also reckon that the title will become "Extremespeed Genesect And The blah blah blah'" if not then "Extremespeed Genesect VS blah blah blah"
As for a new 6th gen pokemon, I'm 50-50 on this one, I want there to be one but I don't think there will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.