• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
That's like saying that isn't Iris's Dragonite in that pic lol.

Right, that Dragonite is most likely Iris's since it hasn't been in a Best Wishes movie yet(since it was caught after the movie) and because the characters Pokemon usually appear in the movie, like Cilan's Pansage.

But, we don't even know if it is Ash's Charizard in the anime. Might be Lookers and there's no real reason to bring it back for Episode N or this movie yet. So it isn't confirmed yet, but like you, I would like it to be the case.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Right, that Dragonite is most likely Iris's since it hasn't been in a Best Wishes movie yet(since it was caught after the movie) and because the characters Pokemon usually appear in the movie, like Cilan's Pansage.

But, we don't even know if it is Ash's Charizard in the anime. Might be Lookers and there's no real reason to bring it back for Episode N or this movie yet. So it isn't confirmed yet, but like you, I would like it to be the case.

Same reason Oshawott and Piplup didnt evolve and Piplup got most of the atention instead of his trainer in his comeback, popularity.

diakyu

Has anybody posted this?
The Corocoro pic:
[IMG139]http://i558.photobucket.com/albums/ss30/magpiejay/wwwdotuporg3832039_zps1a376c07.jpg[/IMG139]
Multiple genesects? Charizard? Anime tie-in. This is all I really wanted in this movie. This is shaping up well.

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Same reason Oshawott and Piplup didnt evolve and Piplup got most of the atention instead of his trainer in his comeback, popularity.

Although I think it's becoming lest likely, Oshawott can still evolve. Heck, some people probably thought Cyndaquil would never evolve after Johto.

And I think Dawn and Piplup got around about equal attention, but if Piplup did get more it's probably to add some comic relief and see how it and Oshawott would interact, since they're fairly similar in terms of personality.

With Chariard? Possibly, since some could say that it was Ash's main Pokemon in Kanto and Johto and since Ash calls upon more than most of his other old Pokemon, but it doesn't exactly have to be Ash's, just to advertise Charizard for whatever reason.

Kyrix

Glitch Hunting Freak
WaitwaitWAIT. Maybe I'm missing some line of progression here, buuuuuuuuut.

1) Team Plasma finds an ancient legendary pokemon fossil, promptly revives it.
2) They abuse the hell out of the poor creature, then weld metal plates to its body and attach a plasma cannon to its back. It escapes.
3) Suddenly there is 4 (or 5?) of this poor abomination?

Wat.

It'd be like if the resolution of Mewtwo Strikes Back not being "Mewtwo learns the meaning of friendship and the importance of all life" and instead it being this
Robotnik-and-his-clone-sonic-the-hedgehog-5180408-207-204.jpg

Naw, that's taking it a bit far, but I'm still confused as to why there is more than one Genesect. Am I missing something, or is this just a giant ***-pull? Hahaha.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Although I think it's becoming lest likely, Oshawott can still evolve. Heck, some people probably thought Cyndaquil would never evolve after Johto.

And I think Dawn and Piplup got around about equal attention, but if Piplup did get more it's probably to add some comic relief and see how it and Oshawott would interact, since they're fairly similar in terms of personality.

With Chariard? Possibly, since some could say that it was Ash's main Pokemon in Kanto and Johto and since Ash calls upon more than most of his other old Pokemon, but it doesn't exactly have to be Ash's, just to advertise Charizard for whatever reason.

I already posted in another topic that I don't see Oshawott evolving in the 2 months after the movie, I do think since their initial though was evolving the thing and I also mentioned this, in a future region if he appears and his marketability is not a huge problem anymore, he migth pull a Cyndaquil.

Beeblebrox

In fairness, it has been shown that there are multiple smashed cabinets at the P2 Laboratory in Episode N. It's consistent with anime canon, if nothing else.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Dude, I'm REALLY getting some Cult of Skaro vibes from this lot. I'll call them Thay, Sec (the red one), Jast, Caan and... Rabe?

If these guys are evil and stay evil, I will watch the animé again. Don't waste a perfectly good plot here, writers-who-might-not-read-or-understand-this!

I'm surprised Charizard is sticking around honestly.

who says it is. We don't know when its supposed to appear so if its Ashs be could get it around the time the movie airs

d4rk_tailed

Doritoes,Leaf Storm!
Dude, I'm REALLY getting some Cult of Skaro vibes from this lot. I'll call them Thay, Sec (the red one), Jast, Caan and... Rabe?

If these guys are evil and stay evil, I will watch the animé again. Don't waste a perfectly good plot here, writers-who-might-not-read-or-understand-this!

Im still unsure as to what I think of evil Genesects, or even smart ones! I mean, the others apart from Sec were evil but stupid, but Sec was crazy, radical and smart. I can see that in something like Mewtwo but Genesect doesnt quite have the look to behave like that.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Five Genesects. Charizard. Anime tie-in... Two words: AWESOME OVERLOAD!!!!

Definitely, it's very similar to the first movie with Mewtwo; but yet, it doesn't change the fact that is going to be the greatest one. I have to admit, I didn't expect Team Plasma would mass-produced Genesect like that; this is way bigger than what Team Rocket did with Mewtwo, since technically, there's only ONE Mewtwo. If these Genesects also appear in the series, I bet one of the main point of Chapter N will be a war between Team Rocket and Team Plasma to capture and control these "possibly unbeatable" Pokemon army.

According to the pictures in the scan, it seems there will be 5 Genesects in total: 4 regular Genesects and the Shiny Red one. With this number, I guess we can assume that each one of the 4 regular Genesect will have one of the Drives that affect their Techno Blast move. One would wear the Shock Drive that turns it into an Electric move, the second one would wear the Burn Drive to use it as a Fire move, the third would wear the Chill Drive to use it as an Ice move and the fourth would wear the Douse Drive to use it as a Water move. I guess the Shiny Genesect, which acts like the leader, would wear no drive because it was already the strongest one. You know something funny?, having 5 Genesects now, they could allow that each one of the protagonist of eachs "Pokemon's Generation" captures one of them. Think about it:
+ Ash, from Kanto (Generation I), could capture the Shiny Red Genesect.
+ Jimmy, from Johto (Generation II), could capture one of the regular Genesects.
+ Brendan, from Hoenn (Generation III), could capture another one of the regular Genesects.
+ Lucas, from Sinnoh (Generation IV), could capture another one of the regular Genesects.
+ Hilbert, from Unova (Generation V), could capture the last of the regular Genesects.
However, there's another possibility, more suitable. Since there's two "champions" in Unova (Hilbert and Nate), maybe Nate would capture the Shiny Red Genesect; allowing Ash to capture Mewtwo instead. The greatest Pokemon's heroes using the strongest Pokemon ever, all of them created by evil men, and now using their power against them. Sounds awesome, huh?

Now that I mention Mewtwo, I'm sure that (mainly because his appearance in Pokemon's merchandise) he will also appear in both (the anime AND the movie) because this deeply affects him. I mean, before Genesect, Mewtwo was the first "Legendary Pokemon" created by evil humans to use it as a weapon to conquer the world. I'm sure he will help Ash's team to defeat Team Plasma AND Team Rocket once and for all. And just like he erased his own existence from Giovanni and the other Rocket's memories (except the Rocket Trio), I'm sure Mewtwo will erase the Genesect team's existence from the bad guys' memories too. Don't you think?

Please, post some opinions.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So are there 4 or 5 Genesect? If there's 5, I can see one of them being good and ES Genesect and his crew being evil. But 4 makes sense because it equally distributes the Techno Boosters.

Status
Not open for further replies.