• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Please make sure not to discuss characters that have nothing to do with this movie, especially not in this manner. Thanks.

A lot of the official promotion art seems to be drawn by the same person. The Pokémon look fine, particularly the starters and of course Genesect, but the human characters often look deformed. Just look at Ash's face x_x

I guess it doesn't matter much as long as the stars (i.e. the Pokémon) look good, but you'd think for art that's supposed to make people excited and go watch the movie, they'd hire someone who can draw everything nicely, decorative human cast included.

Christian Woods

azumarill!
so if Red Genesect is to talk, who will voice him in the english dub?
i voat for Eli James, as he can probibly do a dalek-like voice, and the people at TPCI can add the propper synthesis to it.

ludiloco

so if Red Genesect is to talk, who will voice him in the english dub?
i voat for Eli James, as he can probibly do a dalek-like voice, and the people at TPCI can add the propper synthesis to it.

Not all the legendaries have to talk, the Latitwins didn't talk in movie 5.

Maybe the Telephatic Legendary role will go to Mewtwo, dem Genesects may be just rampaging machines.

Arceusgamer14

Maybe tonight or tomorrow the new Trailer will ether be up on the website or on the official JP Pokémon Youtube or something something.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
What logic is there at all in ash catching sabeleye? Aipom doesn't automatically justify it just because it was one old gen pokemon ash caught. He already has like four unova pokemon currently that he never uses, and sabeleye would just logjam his team further for the rest of bestwishes. It would be perfect for cilan, to give him a fourth and final team member , evening him out with iris, and would make sense as also being a different personality to the rest of his team like dragonite. And then of course the fact that it can end up getting the gen 6 evolution if cilan goes with ash to euro-region.

Beeblebrox

What logic is there at all in ash catching sabeleye? Aipom doesn't automatically justify it just because it was one old gen pokemon ash caught. He already has like four unova pokemon currently that he never uses, and sabeleye would just logjam his team further for the rest of bestwishes. It would be perfect for cilan, to give him a fourth and final team member , evening him out with iris, and would make sense as also being a different personality to the rest of his team like dragonite. And then of course the fact that it can end up getting the gen 6 evolution if cilan goes with ash to euro-region.

Depending on when Ash catches Sableye, it could just be 3 months before the X and Y saga begins. If it is indeed setting up a Sableye evolution, Ash's Unova team would be the last thing on the producers' minds. Aipom is a perfectly good comparison; a seemingly-superfluous old gen Pokemon caught just before the end of a saga, carried over into the next region to advertise a new evolution.

And Cilan going to the X and Y region is a BIG if for me, considering no main characters have travelled across more than one region since Misty and Brock, but we'll see about that one. If he does, then yes Sableye could be his, but I don't think the layout of the poster particularly backs that one up.

Or it could just be nothing. We've been through this sort of thing to no avail before; Christmas poster with Iris and Gothita, anyone?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I'd rather Genesect won't talk, Mewtwo would be enough. But, if Genesects talks with a strong robotic voice, and only says a few words (kinda like Darkrai), then I'd be happy too.

RzK

Meow
I want Genesect to talk. In a robotic voice. Since his opponent also 'speaks'. I know this movie is going to be awesome, if the 2-3 previous ones and this trailer were anything to go by! Mewtwo is especially an iconic character. I hope they retain his enigmatic persona!
And I feel that I won't trouble myself worrying about that stupid Sableye, may it evolve or not, may it go to anybody, even Jessie/James!

Christian Woods

azumarill!

I curse your logic, it just wouldn't fit. you wanna talk about Dragonite? at least Dragonite is a dragon type, and Iris wishes to be a dragon master, so that fits. a mischievios pokemon with Cilan's generally caring natured pokemon? no, just no, so curse that logic of yours, curse it 4ever untill celebi comes and scares me off.

Last edited:

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer

1º) Of those 4 Unova Pokemon that he never uses, three of them are already fully evolved (Unfezant, Leavanny and Krookodile) and that means we can't expect anything new from them except learning new attacks (which it can happen at any moment, even off-screen). And the fourth (Scraggy) is too young to evolve yet and he already know several powerful moves. So, catching a new Pokemon that can brings us a few surprises is not so bad.

2º) Why do people keep ignoring my posts, even although some are a little long? I already explained the good reasons for Ash catching the Sableye, so I will repeat them:

I like the new poster, indeed. Mewtwo looks really good in it. However, I admit that as many of you, what it really calls my attention is the Sableye. Honestly, I really hope this will be a new capture for Ash, not Cilan as some have said. There's many reasons for me to believe to be a new capture for Ash, so I will explain them to you:

1º) Some of you think of this as a repetition of Ash's Aipom, which I admit it can happen. I mean, which other reason to make a main character to capture an old Pokemon that to introduce a new evolution or pre-evolution in some chases? I think Cilan and Iris will stay with Ash for the next generation's adventure, but yet, I want Ash to be the one who captures the Sableye.

2º) Ash's capturing a Sableye won't be comparable just with Ash's Aipom, but also with Brock's Sudowoodo. You see, when the original trio (Ash, Misty and Brock) were traveling through the Johto's region, I always thought that Sudowoodo was a potential good capture for Brock's team; mainly because it's a rare Rock type and his family have a Pokemon Gym about Rock types. So, I was really disappointed when Brock didn't capture a Sudowoodo back in the episode "Type Casting". Several years later, however, Brock finally got this Pokemon through the evolution of its new introduced "pre-evolution", Bonsly. So that was really satisfactory for me.

Something similar happened back when the Hoenn's group (Ash, May, Max and Brock) were traveling through Hoenn, I always thought that Sableye was a very good capture for Ash (I'll explain the main reasons after this). You see, as his "Hoenn's team", Ash only capture 5 Pokemon (Taillow-Swellow, Treecko-Grovyle-Sceptile, Corphish, Torkoal and Snorunt-Glalie). It was a good team, but I always thought that Ash should have captured 6 Pokemon to have a full "Hoenn's Pokemon team". Pikachu's position as Ash's sixth and "permament" Pokemon in his team was a problem to capture 6 Hoenn's Pokemon, but not if we consider that the link between Kanto and Hoenn was working back then. If you remember, while they were still in Hoenn (episode "Hokey PokeBalls"), Ash could call his Bulbasaur from Oak's Laboratory so it could play with May's new Bulbasaur. Sadly, he has to send it back in the same episode when the Pokemon in Oak's Lab started to fight once again. Anyway, the point is, if Ash have had 6 Pokemon in that moment (counting Pikachu, Taillow, Grovyle, Corphish and his "new" Torkoal), Ash would have to send the sixth Pokemon to Oak to receive Bulbasaur. Then, repeating what it happened to Heracross in Johto, Oak keeps the sixth Pokemon for a while to study it. And the perfect sixth Pokemon that Ash could have captured in that moment was the wild Sableye Ash's befriended back in the episode "Ready, Willing and Sableye!". That episode was a perfect opportunity for Ash.

3º) The main reasons because I thought in Sableye as a good Pokemon for Ash are easy to see. First and foremost, because it was about time for Ash to finally catch a Ghost Type Pokemon, especially since the big dilemma that Ash never captured Haunter officially in Kanto. And now that I'm talking about Haunter, the second reason to see Sableye as an ideal Pokemon for Ash is because his strong resemblance to Haunter. The teeth, the spikes around the head, the claws... It makes me think about Haunter everytime I see a Sableye. Ash always capture Pokemon similar to his old ones, just like Corphish is similar to Krabby/Kingler, Leavanny has some curious resemblance to Butterfree and most of his Normal/Flying types are almost identical (Swellow and Unfezant, Pidgeot and Staraptor... etc) So, capturing a Ghost Pokemon similar to one he "almost" captured seems very appropiate for Ash. Finally, considering one of the Pokemon Gym from Hoenn's region is about Psychic Pokemon (Mossdeep Gym, with Solrock and Lunatone), a Ghost type would have been perfect for Ash in this Gym battle; especially when Psychic Pokemon are one of the most difficult types to battles, just like Ghost and Dragon types. And as a bonus, a Sableye could have been very useful to Ash in the Battle Frontier's trip; especially in the Battle Tower against Anabel's Psychic Pokemon. Don't you think?

Well, what do you think of this? Don't tell me the posibilities for Ash to capture the Sableye are not considerables. I really hope Ash will catch this Pokemon. His old friend Charizard may will return, but it's not the same as catching a new Pokemon and a new friend/partner to his team, right?

Christian Woods

azumarill!
1º) Of those 4 Unova Pokemon that he never uses, three of them are already fully evolved (Unfezant, Leavanny and Krookodile) and that means we can't expect anything new from them except learning new attacks (which it can happen at any moment, even off-screen). And the fourth (Scraggy) is too young to evolve yet and he already know several powerful moves. So, catching a new Pokemon that can brings us a few surprises is not so bad.

2º) Why do people keep ignoring my posts, even although some are a little long? I already explained the good reasons for Ash catching the Sableye, so I will repeat them:

I agree. good reasoning.

yuoke

Treasure huntin'
Except he also doesn't use a potentially very strong water pokemon with palpitoad either, and overall it's way too much of underused current pokemon, and over used snivy and oshawott.

Haunter ゴースト

A lot of the official promotion art seems to be drawn by the same person. The Pokémon look fine, particularly the starters and of course Genesect, but the human characters often look deformed. Just look at Ash's face x_x

I guess it doesn't matter much as long as the stars (i.e. the Pokémon) look good, but you'd think for art that's supposed to make people excited and go watch the movie, they'd hire someone who can draw everything nicely, decorative human cast included.

What!

I think the Movie artwork/animation does all of characters justice, they look 20x better than their original anime selves. The movie animation is the only thing that makes me tolerate Ash's BW appearance since it looks awesome.

Mewtwo on the otherhand... i'm not struck on it yet but i'll wait till i actually see a trailer with him in.

Someone on the main cast is finally getting a Ghost type (not TR).... awesome.

I remember when Ash had Haunter.

One episode later...

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I remember when Ash had Haunter.

One episode later...
Totally forgot about him, but most don't count it as official. I don't know about you, but I do consider him to have been officially part of Ash's team, he tried sending it out of a Pokeball for crying out loud. (or that's what I remember) Both him and Sabrina implied he caught it anyway

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

Totally forgot about him, but most don't count it as official. I don't know about you, but I do consider him to have been officially part of Ash's team, he tried sending it out of a Pokeball for crying out loud. (or that's what I remember) Both him and Sabrina implied he caught it anyway

It's a shame no one counts it as official, but yeah you and me think alike haha, I definetly believe he caught it for the reasons you explained. I just wish he kept it instead of giving it away!

I remember during Battle Frontier when the gang was in Saffron, I was really hoping for Sabrina to show up with Haunter.

gliscor&yanmega

Ash never caught it, it was only hanging around him, it wasn't in a Pokeball at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.