• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Inoue's still doing the movie mangas? Great, I love her art!

I agree. After the disaster that was the Movie 11 manga adaptation, it's good to have someone with a consistently good art style drawing the adaptations.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/e38c810c43638b151ee5dba24f9ad55e/tumblr_mjlhzwsDYm1rsnc0qo2_500.jpg

Lmfao Mewtwo looks better here.

Haha, so it wasn't just me. His looks are much more simplified than the art we saw in the first movie. Back then they tried to show more of the bone and muscle structure in Pokemon. This anime generation's art style is far simpler, with less jagged lines, and more smooth curves. It looks much less serious, and thus Mewtwo doesn't look quite as threatening as he looked in the past, in my opinion.

It's really a shame, since I loved the look he had back then, but we don't wanna scare the kiddies : P

Mewtwo back then:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ModKBqnSTb4/TVlM6k8ZfKI/AAAAAAAABZw/kX-4bNm_iRg/s400/Picture+2.png

http://media.animevice.com/uploads/0/3695/292398-mewtwo_pimp.jpg

http://www.nintendojo.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/art_pokemonCartoonMewtwo.jpg

Mewtwo now:

http://i4.ytimg.com/vi/MeFEAA4JvaM/0.jpg

http://www.gamemaster.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/mewtwo00-615x300.jpg

http://frentebatalla.com/noticias/editor/uploads/imagenes/2012/1/13626130270084_3.jpg

Now he doesn't look bad at all, just not as aggressive, especially in the poster. This could change once we see him in motion, though, which will hopefully be nice and smoth :3

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Haha, so it wasn't just me. His looks are much more simplified than the art we saw in the first movie. Back then they tried to show more of the bone and muscle structure in Pokemon. This anime generation's art style is far simpler, with less jagged lines, and more smooth curves. It looks much less serious, and thus Mewtwo doesn't look quite as threatening as he looked in the past, in my opinion.

It's really a shame, since I loved the look he had back then, but we don't wanna scare the kiddies : P

Now he doesn't look bad at all, just not as aggressive, especially in the poster. This could change once we see him in motion, though, which will hopefully be nice and smoth :3

I personally like the way he looks now just as much as how he looked back then. I think it makes sense that he looks smooth now, since it appears he's been taking good care of himself, and is not filled with rage anymore. It's a pretty neat, subtle change to his character, so I'm excited to see him more in motion and how he handles all this.

I just want him to wear that cape at least once.

dman_dustin

As bad of planning as that was, it still took place in the same arc, like all the other movies

As I said in another thread.

The movies have a specific date, ALWAYS in July.

The television producers shouldn't be forced to coincide with the movie, especially when there are other possibilities to explore.

What I mean is, the anime producers wanted Episode N/Team Plasma to be a specific number of episodes, they shouldn't have to bend over just because of the movie's airdate. If they want to skip and move onto the next big thing, they have every right to do so, because there is a VERY limited number of possible episodes after the movie, to the next generation. The last movie of a generation should not force the anime to make sure that the movie takes place during the arc the anime is in, because of how limited the episodes will be, and any potential arc that the writers/producers may want to explore.

Plus you're post makes no sense "it still took place in the same arc" LAST TIME I CHECKED, Genesect wasn't part of Best Wishes 2 DA, it's part of Best Wishes 2 Episode N. Guess what? We're not going to be in Best Wishes Episode N when the movie comes out.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
As I said in another thread.

The movies have a specific date, ALWAYS in July.

The television producers shouldn't be forced to coincide with the movie, especially when there are other possibilities to explore.

What I mean is, the anime producers wanted Episode N/Team Plasma to be a specific number of episodes, they shouldn't have to bend over just because of the movie's airdate. If they want to skip and move onto the next big thing, they have every right to do so, because there is a VERY limited number of possible episodes after the movie, to the next generation. The last movie of a generation should not force the anime to make sure that the movie takes place during the arc the anime is in, because of how limited the episodes will be, and any potential arc that the writers/producers may want to explore.
Well that's fine and dandy, but why plan something like that? Moving forward just to go backwards makes no sense from a storytelling point of view. Useless you think this is gonna be one giant flashback movie

Plus you're post makes no sense "it still took place in the same arc" LAST TIME I CHECKED, Genesect wasn't part of Best Wishes 2 DA, it's part of Best Wishes 2 Episode N. Guess what? We're not going to be in Best Wishes Episode N when the movie comes out.
What couldn't you understand from that? The Zoroark movie took place during the same season despite being shown during the league. So maybe I did word it a little wrong, I didn't mean arc, but season

dman_dustin

Well that's fine and dandy, but why plan something like that? Moving forward just to go backwards makes no sense from a storytelling point of view. Useless you think this is gonna be one giant flashback movie
What part of the movies having a stuck airdate, did you not understand?

There is less than 15 episodes after the movie BEFORE the next generation, from that last Thursday in July to the last Thursday in October (and I'm sure Pokemon X and Y will air before then).

What arc/season could be created in that NARROW passage of time.

Pokemon Best Wishes Season 2 DA airs April 25th, that adds about 11 episodes to that less than 15. So we're looking at least 20 episodes, why should writers/producers BE forced to write 20 more episodes involving N, and Team Plasma just to coincide with the fixed airdate movie, and just to finish off the generation.

Why can't the writers/producers say hell with the movie, and create ~20 episodes of something unrelated to Team Plasma, and N to finish up the generation?

Is it really that hard to get that the movie takes place sometime after the Genesect episode but before the Season 2 DA arc? Why would it be a flashback?

Movie =/= Anime series. Which is why the anime barely has references given the fact that people might not see the movie who watch the anime frequently.

Seriously who is going to be confused? Do people really go the movies, see Oshawott and ask why it's not a Dewott when it evolved a couple months earlier? Is that really a serious question that would arise that can't be easily remedied by a parent saying "This movie takes place before Oshawott evolves" (and for anyone who might question my example, it is an example, a hypothetical example)

What couldn't you understand from that? The Zoroark movie took place during the same season despite being shown during the league. So maybe I did word it a little wrong, I didn't mean arc, but season
And what aren't you getting that the Genesect movie takes place in Unova, while the anime series will most likely NOT be in Unova? AT best it'll be on a chain of islands still part of Unova, but the Genesct movie does not take place DURING that chain of islands.

Genesect is part of Team Plasma, Team Plasma is not part of Best Wishes Season 2 DA, I'm not saying Team Plasma won't appear (well let's hold off on that before saying for sure), but they aren't going to be the point of Season 2 DA.

Plus what if the Genesect episodes has scenes of the movie (similar scenes), such as the Genesect escaping. Does it really make sense for Ash and Co who should be in the DA island chain, coming back to the main Unova land just to encounter Genesect. Or does it make any sense for the Genesect to escape the main land of Unova and head towards the Island Chain of Decolora or whatever it's called? That's one huge stretching the suspension of disbelief of a coincidence. It makes far more sense for Ash to be in the main land Unova, and encounter Genesect, that the other examples.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Why wouldn't it make sense for Genesect to go to the islands?

Haunter ゴースト

I posted this yesterday but i'll post it here since it's the topic of discussion.

Personally i think Movie 16 seems more fitting to take place during Episode N. I'd like to think of the Team Plasma/Genesect hidden plots all grouped together, instead of hinted and then brought back later in an arc that is much less relevant. Movie 1's cameo scenes all took place around the correct time as Movie 1 (even though the episodes were delayed that wasn't the writers fault) so i'd like Movie 16 to do the same.

I never did believe Charizard would stay long, and the length of BWN8 - BWN14 is an appropriate length for his return. If Oshawott does departure (not saying he will) it only supports the fact that Movie 16 does indeed take place before DA.

dman_dustin

Why wouldn't it make sense for Genesect to go to the islands?

Because what reason would the Genesect have to go to the islands?

The Decolora Islands will most likely not be mentioned until the first episode of DA or the last episode of Episode N AFTER the Genesect episode, which means technically they don't exist (yet), why would a character go to a place that doesn't exist yet.

That's like saying Ash is going to Sinnoh before he even knows about Sinnoh, which doesn't make any sense.

The Genesect escaping the mainland Unova to go directly to the island chain of Decolora for a purpose really doesn't make any sense when the islands haven't even been mentioned yet, which means those not-yet-existing-island-chains serve no purpose as of yet.

Especially since the Decolora Islans cannot serve any purpose to Team Plasma, when Team Plasma is focused too much on the main land of Unova. If Decolora Islands were so important to Team Plasma and Genesect, then the anime should reflect, which it's not, since the feel of Season 2 DA, is NOT Team Plasma related. It's mostly visiting the islands and having fun.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
How do you know that they're not going there independently for the purpose of "blow up everything for the lolz" or something?

Also, just because they haven't been mentioned yet doesn't mean that they never existed until Character X mentions them. Plasma might have put Google Earth into their brains for all we know.

dman_dustin

How do you know that they're not going there independently for the purpose of "blow up everything for the lolz" or something?

Because we know Genesect was programmed to hate "enemies of some kind" by Team Plasma or Plasma Scientist.

Why would those "enemies" be in Decolora Islands when most likely they should be in mainland Unova.

And if Decolora Islands aren't part of Unova, why would Genesect be attacking somewhere outside of Unova. If it was destruction for LOLZ, don't you think they'd attack mainland Unova BEFORE going to Decolora Islands.

The way the trailer implies, they start attacking and destroying cities/towns CLOSE to where they escaped (if they are doing it for the hell of it) leading up to the location of where Ash and Co are.

I'm pretty sure the Decolora Islands aren't so close to the Unova Mainland to make that possible especially the location of where Genesect escaped.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Since they were made in the (exploded) P2 Lab, they've logically been solo for quite a while. Logically they've been places far from there.

And either the enemy in question is Mewtwo (lord knows how) or they decided that they'd nuke a sanctuary because they're jerks of the highest calibur.

The "enemies" could be as broad as "humans" to "anything and everything".

dman_dustin

Since they were made in the (exploded) P2 Lab, they've logically been solo for quite a while. Logically they've been places far from there.
Not sure how that explains the Genesect episode coming up, unless it's Colress talking to N about it and they show up in flashback mode.

And either the enemy in question is Mewtwo (lord knows how) or they decided that they'd nuke a sanctuary because they're jerks of the highest calibur.

The "enemies" could be as broad as "humans" to "anything and everything".

Which means it doesn't make any sense they'd show up in the Decolora Islands.

Because:

1. If there destroying everything in sight, there would be a bigger role of that within the anime, about reports of 5 Pokemon-like creatures attacking everything and some kind of story.

2. They still wouldn't have any reason to go to a place that currently does not exist. You just don't create a character, shove it off somewhere, have other character go to a location that has NOTHING to do with the previous character, and have it make any sense for it to show up.

That's like creating Celebi within Johto, send Ash to Hoenn, and yet that same Celebi created in Johto just so happens to be in the movie that should take place in Hoenn but is actually Johto, despite the tv series having nothing to do with Celebi at all during THAT time.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
They probably planned the whole island thing ages ago, so they could just set the Genesect to go the islands and have them do whatever until the movie.

And based on what we know, it seems almost certain that Genesect is only present via flashback in the Colress and Meowth episode.

Bushido Bob

Darkwraith
they decided that they'd nuke a sanctuary because they're jerks of the highest calibur.

After giving it some more thought, I don't think they want to mindlessly nuke the sanctuary...

What is the sanctuary? A place full of Pokemon, of course.
What were the Genesects shown doing after blowing stuff up? Building a nest.

It's not hard to put two and two together; they went there because it would make an excellent feeding ground.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Well, OK, maybe nuking was a poor choice of words, turning it into their own demented private Safari Zone might be more accurate.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
As bad of planning as that was, it still took place in the same arc, like all the other movies

Exactly, so it will take place in the N and Plasma arc, not the islands arc :).

Status
Not open for further replies.