• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

diakyu

I'm crying... it's not a happy cry... I have no words for this... Hopefully this is just completely optional and perhaps reversable like the other formes so we can still have our old normal Mewtwo at the movie's end, but the fact that it looks like Mewtwo will turn into this in the movie is just making me really, really sad. It makes NO FREAKING SENSE BIOLOGY-WISE, GOD, that's what bothers me about it.
Nowhere is it stated it has a relation to Mewtwo. It only says it's a new Pokemon that looks like him. I might be right about no mewtwo in the movie.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm crying... it's not a happy cry... I have no words for this... Hopefully this is just completely optional and perhaps reversable like the other formes so we can still have our old normal Mewtwo at the movie's end, but the fact that it looks like Mewtwo will turn into this in the movie is just making me really, really sad. It makes NO FREAKING SENSE BIOLOGY-WISE, GOD, that's what bothers me about it.

I agree. I just think it looks incredibly reductive imo (apparently I have to add "imo" to my sentences otherwise people will think I'm stating my opinions as facts lol). I really was looking forward to seeing the old, classic Mewtwo in this movie if only because it would add some consistency to the plot, but now I'm not so sure. I don't think new forms are automatically bad, but in this case, it sort of ruins Mewtwo's charms imo.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I agree with Kutie Pie and Ciccone. I mean, I don't think it's as bad as they seem to, but still, Mewtwo did not need a new form. (Assuming this really isn't a new Pokemon) Why couldn't they have given another legendary a new form? Mewtwo is like, the original beast. It was good like that, it didn't need to be changed.

On another note, I do kinda like the artwork of it now... it's looking a bit better and maybe I'll change my opinion as time goes by... hopefully :p

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Nowhere is it stated it has a relation to Mewtwo. It only says it's a new Pokemon that looks like him. I might be right about no mewtwo in the movie.

The fact it resembles Mewtwo doesn't help. It's like... what, did they run out of ideas or something that they have to basically do a copy-paste Pokémon now?

Haunter ゴースト

I don't think new forms are automatically bad, but in this case, it sort of ruins Mewtwo's charms imo.

I agree with this.

It's not that I hate the form or look, but it ruins how epic the classic Mewtwo is, i'd have much preferred this to be a seperate Pokemon.

-----

The US Trailer says 'A NEW POKEMON with a familiar look', I suppose this potentially shows it could be a different Pokemon with the look of Mewtwo.

Taken from the official site: The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…

Okay it's not Myuutwo

Fairplay

Does that makes sense though? Why would a new Pokemon appear which looks just like Mewtwo in a different form? Mewtwo is a cloned Pokemon. How would that happen?

I'm sure it's just a new form of Mewtwo.

Just saw the video of the new forms fighting. Still looking fugly in my eyes.. Creepy thing.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
If it's yet another Mew clone I'll be even more pressed. I mean how rare is Mew DNA if it can be found easily and used to create more Mewtwo-esque Pokemon?

Last edited:

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Taken from the official site: The mysteries of Pokémon X and Pokémon Y continue to grow with the unveiling of a Pokémon that is strangely familiar! It looks a lot like the powerful Legendary Pokémon Mewtwo, but not quite the same…

Okay it's not Myuutwo

It doesn't say it's not Mewtwo. "Not quite the same" can perfectly mean a new form. I mean, Shaymin Sky form is not quite the same as normal Shaymin. Black Kyurem and White Kyurem aren't quite the same as Kyurem.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

Okay it's not Myuutwo

Oh God, what if someone else actually knew of the Mewtwo Project? I wondered if that was possible, but...

D8

Still, there's that chance Mewtwo will still be in the movie, but then that thing shows up. So... eh...

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Are some people seriously saying that Mewtwo might not be in this movie?

Watch the latest trailer and look at the title and tell me that.

The wording from that video could just mean it's a new forme.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Argh! I feel like my mind is about to be blown XD

What if this Mewtwo isn't the one from the first movie? What if it's just another copy from Team Plasma? In that case, I'm slightly dissapointed....I was waiting for the old Mewtwo, but I'm not gonna sit here and complain. I want to see where they're going with this

diakyu

Are some people seriously saying that Mewtwo might not be in this movie?

Watch the latest trailer and look at the title and tell me that.

The wording from that video could just mean it's a new forme.
Get out with your common sense. Let me dream.

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Reminder: They called Black Kyurem and White Kyurem "new Pokemon" when they were first revealed, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.