• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil134

PMD Writer
Yes. I must admit that the design itself is okay. The leaked poster made it look worse than it actually is.

I agree. Without the leaked poster I probably wouldn't have disliked it after seeing it for the first time

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
What about the possibility of the new form actually being a combination of Mew and Mewtwo merging together (similar to what we had as Black Kyurem & White Kyurem).

Until now in the anime (or the main manga), whenever we had seen Mewtwo, Mew would always be around. So, in the face of danger Mew helping Mewtwo wouldn't be something odd (it has done that before).

Also since technically Mewtwo is a part of Mew, so them merging together wouldn't be something impossible to consider. Also just like the merging of Kyurem produced sort of new powerful pokemons (even though they are considered as forms), Mew's and Mewtwo's form could be considered something new as well.

Something like.....

Mewtwo accidentally slipped into Mew's bedroom last night.

A new legend was born.

Yesssssss, keep fueling this old shipper's fire >:3.

But seriously though, I don't think I'm keen on that idea, it sounds pretty dumb and the Fusion Dance jokes will never end (yes I went there). I suppose it would be a neat way for Mewtwo to let go of his grudge toward Mew when... Mew hadn't really done anything except exist. I think he kinda got over it when Mewtwo Returns came around, but I think his thoughts were just on "We are unnatural, we should not exist in this world" more than "I want to defeat/kill Mew so I can be the strongest".

So we'll see what happens. I just think the Sableye really does live there and has that desire to help, but if it turns out to be Mew in disguise, well then, guess that'll be the twist ending since they apparently gave it away with this new Mewtwo-look alike. Seriously, Pokémon, stop doing that >_>.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm just pleased Mewtwo is back in general, he's getting a new storyline (anime and in-game) and that's good enough for me.

Too bad it's 15 years late. And do we know for sure that this is the same Mewtwo from last time? I don't want another Movie 8 scenario where I thought that the Mew was the same one from the first movie (because we were led to believe that Mew was unique) only for me to find out that it was a new Mew altogether. :x

By the way, I thought I dreamt yesterday's reveal; I was so pressed this morning when I realized that the new Mewtwo form turned out to be real.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
So it's looking like Mewtwo won't be able to handle Shiny Genesect's Extremespeed and will have to resort to awakening his Eclair forme to outspeed it.

Esepibe

Boulder Trainer
So it's looking like Mewtwo won't be able to handle Shiny Genesect's Extremespeed and will have to resort to awakening his Eclair forme to outspeed it.

But in the trailer, When Mewtwo rushes to protect Ash and Co., he moves so fast, that everything else around is shown in slow-motion! Almost DBZ tier... Gosh, Mewtwo is so awesome. =D

Its been a long time since I posted something in this forum XD

Rohanator

Too bad it's 15 years late. And do we know for sure that this is the same Mewtwo from last time? I don't want another Movie 8 scenario where I thought that the Mew was the same one from the first movie (because we were led to believe that Mew was unique) only for me to find out that it was a new Mew altogether. :x

By the way, I thought I dreamt yesterday's reveal; I was so pressed this morning when I realized that the new Mewtwo form turned out to be real.

How is it late? If one wants to see more Mewtwo it probably doesn't matter whether it's now or 20 years later(of course the sooner the better, but still). Like, if Torterra gets a win 10 years from now I'm not gonna sit there and complain about it because it should've happened in DP.

AmbipomMaster

#TeamInstinct
Did you come up with that yourself? I googled Eclair and it's a french pastry....

Serebii mentioned something about the Eclair Forme referencing something French for Lightning? Kinda makes sense, since Mewtwo would need some sort of Speed boost if it wants to catch up to ExtremeSpeed Genesect...

diakyu

Lightning or flash works. But from the trailer he doesn't need a speed boost.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
"Eclair Forme". Where in the world did that come up? Now I can't unsee the image of its head representing an eclair. It was bad enough it looks like Giger's alien design, but as the head of that alien also looks like an eclair, I can't take it seriously now. I don't care if it's supposed to represent lightning speed or whatever, most people will think of the pastry.

But I will forever love the person who draws this Pokémon with an eclair for a head.

Lightning or flash works. But from the trailer he doesn't need a speed boost.

unless Genosect gets a speed boost after its initial encounter with Mewtwo. Causing Mewtwo to need a speed boost to deal with speed boosted genesects

Haunter ゴースト

Too bad it's 15 years late.

Eh, it's never too late to me.

Just because a Pokemons hype has disappeared doesn't mean it can't be hyped again.

And do we know for sure that this is the same Mewtwo from last time? I don't want another Movie 8 scenario where I thought that the Mew was the same one from the first movie (because we were led to believe that Mew was unique) only for me to find out that it was a new Mew altogether. :x

No confirmation yet, but logic dictates that Ash recognizing this particular Mewtwo by stating it's name instead of saying "hey look a Mewtwo" in terms of it's species is enough to confirm it imo.

As for Mew, it was always up in the air whether there was more of it.

We knew it was the ancestor of all Pokemon so it was kind of hinted that Mews inhabited the world in large numbers before the present day. I can't remember the initial trailers to Movie 8, but I never remembered Ash stating Mew like he recognised Mewtwo.

Haha, I was fuming last night.

Funny how it's only taken me 12-14 hours to get used to it and actually like it now. The final test for me is whether it's existance/story is good enough to fit the plot, I don't want Mewtwo's re-appearance spoiled by this.

Master Ask

I am your Greninja
I hope Ash captures that Sableye that keeps popping up everywhere. Then there can be a Sableye evolution in X/Y :)

Status
Not open for further replies.