• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
But it still doesn't make sense as to why there would suddenly be a second Mewtwo. That's the whole point about Mewtwo's character: he's the only one of his kind. To just bring a look-alike out of a blue and call it a female without explaining why another Mewtwo exists doesn't fly well, it'll just make the plot-hole bigger.

They could always, like, gee I dunno, explain it in the movie?

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Exactly. We know a fair amount about the Genesect but this Mewtwo is an enigma.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

This so much. I don't see why people are questioning if it's a second Mewtwo if it will be explained eventually. As for the complaints on Mewtwo's voice, you will all get over it someday.

They're just f****ng with us. It's obvious, look at the explosion of discussion.

This is their marketing strategy: give them crumbs and they will bark and beg. They show us a few seconds of footage, some unfamiliar sound waves and EVERYONE LOSES THEIR MIND!!! When things don't go according to plan, all chaos breaks lose. XDDDD The Joker would be proud.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
But it still doesn't make sense as to why there would suddenly be a second Mewtwo. That's the whole point about Mewtwo's character: he's the only one of his kind. To just bring a look-alike out of a blue and call it a female without explaining why another Mewtwo exists doesn't fly well, it'll just make the plot-hole bigger.

It's the Movie 8 Mew scenario all over again. And just like Movie 8's Mew, I highly doubt that the second Mewtwo - if that's really what it is - will be explained. The audience will probably be expected to just sit there and nod while ignoring any and all inconsistencies. It's a shame, but this is a pattern that is becoming more prevalent in the franchise.

gohan5

Irisboy
It's the Movie 8 Mew scenario all over again. And just like Movie 8's Mew, I highly doubt that the second Mewtwo - if that's really what it is - will be explained. The audience will probably be expected to just sit there and nod while ignoring any and all inconsistencies. It's a shame, but this is a pattern that is becoming more prevalent in the franchise.

Unlike Mewtwo, there are more than one Mew that exist in the world. They are rare, but there are more than one, just like the other legendary Pokemon (barring Mewtwo, or not, guess we'll find out). So yeah, Movie 8 Mew still made sense. It's no different than the Movie 4 and Movie 13 Celebi, same logic. Now whether or not that's the case with Mewtwo remains to be seen.

diakyu

Okay okay, call me crazy, and this is seriously insane, but could mewtwo have perhaps... changed its gender clown-fish style? Okay, I digress.
You can't change what you don't have.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I actually like it that this may not be the same Mewtwo. Even though legendaries are genderless in the games, they can still mate in the anime. So Mewtwo 1 will now have a potential girlfriend. i mean it must be lonely to be the only one of your species even if wild Ditto exist. Technically they would just turn into a male version of him anyway. I don't think Mewtwo rolls that way.

I actually like it that this may not be the same Mewtwo. Even though legendaries are genderless in the games, they can still mate in the anime. So Mewtwo 1 will now have a potential girlfriend. i mean it must be lonely to be the only one of your species even if wild Ditto exist. Technically they would just turn into a male version of him anyway. I don't think Mewtwo rolls that way.

xDDDD You're killing me XD Oh, Arceus. I just pictured that, I doubt he'd be homosexual, as well. And yes, in the anime even legendaries are seen to mate. And it's not just the little ones, we all saw that Lugia baby. Mewtwo COULD use some action to get rid of all that tension if you think about it, so engineering himself a girlfriend wouldn't be so far fetched. I mean, he DID make superior clones beofre, it's not like he couldn't take some Mew DNA and mow chika bow wow.

Kein

AKA Silktree
Mewtwo's backstory was explained in the radio drama rather than Movie 1 itself; the anime cameo also helped, and the radio drama was later used as the basis of The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin. In Genesect's case, it got two cameos in Episode N and, more importantly, the Project G trailer. It's unlikely that a 70-minute movie will dedicate much time to either Genesect or Mewtwo's creation, which should be prologue material.

The only sign we have of pre-release Mewtwo exposition is the re-airing of Movie 1, with the The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin short included.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
xDDDD You're killing me XD Oh, Arceus. I just pictured that, I doubt he'd be homosexual, as well. And yes, in the anime even legendaries are seen to mate. And it's not just the little ones, we all saw that Lugia baby. Mewtwo COULD use some action to get rid of all that tension if you think about it, so engineering himself a girlfriend wouldn't be so far fetched. I mean, he DID make superior clones beofre, it's not like he couldn't take some Mew DNA and mow chika bow wow.

Oh my gosh xD. Guys, don't feed the shippers right now, it's not making anything better.

*cough*

Mewtwo's backstory was explained in the radio drama rather than Movie 1 itself; the anime cameo also helped, and the radio drama was later used as the basis of The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin. In Genesect's case, it got two cameos in Episode N and, more importantly, the Project G trailer. It's unlikely that a 70-minute movie will dedicate much time to either Genesect or Mewtwo's creation, which should be prologue material.

The only sign we have of pre-release Mewtwo exposition is the re-airing of Movie 1, with the The Uncut Story Of Mewtwo's Origin short included.

Such a shame the radio drama is extremely rare, but at least they did a pretty good job with the anime adaptation for Mewtwo's origins... though only of chapters two to the very beginning of four (Miyamoto's not even mentioned in the anime). Too bad not many people will know of Amber/Ai's brief back-story and why her father went mad trying to clone her. But of course, her origins don't really go hand-in-hand with Mewtwo's that well anyway, so that tidbit isn't important. But the fact they left out a bit of her teachings to Mewtwo... you know, it's almost as if the writer(s) of The Birth of Mewtwo wanted to make a point about cloning.

Either way, something's most likely going to get retconned with Mewtwo during this movie (not including the voice): it'd be him but the back-story is botched; it's not him, thus his one-of-a-kind status and his existential crisis is botched.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
it'd be him but the back-story is botched; it's not him, thus his one-of-a-kind status and his existential crisis is botched.

Yuyama's statement already addressed the existential crisis, but why would he still be having it anyway?

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Nothing new I assume, but I'll post it anyway.

[IMG139]http://imageshack.us/scaled/landing/843/m16magazinescan.png[/IMG139]

Last edited:
There's only one Mewtwo. The way Ash interacts with it clearly tells you it is the Mewtwo. Has Mewtwo's VA always been feminine in Japanese? IDK.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
There's only one Mewtwo. The way Ash interacts with it clearly tells you it is the Mewtwo. Has Mewtwo's VA always been feminine in Japanese? IDK.

No, it was dark and masculin in the Original Japanese. I wouldn't mind Mewtwo's voice if it had always been this new one, but I really don't like it that they've changed it so drastically.

Unless this really IS a NewMewTwo.

alakazam^

Nothing new I assume, but I'll post it anyway.

[IMG139]http://i955.photobucket.com/albums/ae32/Playerking95/M16_Magazine_Scan_zps778d1c08.png[/IMG139]

They're calling it "The mysterious pokemon"... Strange, don't they usually say it's a form when revealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.