• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie 16 - ExtremeSpeed Genesect & The Awakening of Mewtwo - FIRST DETAILS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marc Thompson played Zekrom, Kyurem AND Reshiram over the last two movies, so he'd be a great choice as well. I think he'll be Red Genesect, though. Since the beginning of BW TPCi has had a guest voice in each movie (Tatum and Leah Clark in 14, Vic Mignogna in 15) which is another reason I favor Tatum or Seitz for it.

Regarding that rumor about Rachael Lillis and Michele Knotz: considering where you heard it, take it with enough salt to kill a man. I wouldn't buy it unless I heard it directly from one of them.

Got it. rofl. :)

Marc could pull it off nicely.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
That's no guarantee that Mewtwo will have a female voice in the dub as well. Trip for example has a female voice in the Japanese version while he has a male voice in the dub. They don't always copy the Japanese version.

Trip looks to be pretty young to me (I don't know his age), but perhaps TPCi didn't see him that way. Most fictional boys up to a certain age tend to be played by women. That's why Ash is played by a woman in both the Japanese and English dub (and possibly in other language dubs). So if TPCi is smart, they'll cast a male voice actor to be Mewtwo--if this is the same Mewtwo and not a different one. But even then, I cannot comprehend a female voice coming from a creature that looks as masculine as Mewtwo, no matter what language.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I just realized that there was a character whose voice changed for no clear reason - Dino, the character introduced in the Club Battle who would go on to be runner-up of the Unova League, was voiced by Shinichiro Miki in his first speaking appearance but an unknown actor in his second. Granted, he's an incredibly minor character, but he still got a voice change.

Moving to why Mewtwo's voice is feminine now, just a theory, but what if he actually transformed for the first time prior to the movie and his voice changed as a result? The trailer seems to suggest he can simply call upon his new Forme whenever he wishes, plus he's going to transform only halfways through the manga, which together would suggest he does not attain it for the first time in the climax of the story.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I just realized that there was a character whose voice changed for no clear reason - Dino, the character introduced in the Club Battle who would go on to be runner-up of the Unova League, was voiced by Shinichiro Miki in his first speaking appearance but an unknown actor in his second. Granted, he's an incredibly minor character, but he still got a voice change.

Moving to why Mewtwo's voice is feminine now, just a theory, but what if he actually transformed for the first time prior to the movie and his voice changed as a result? The trailer seems to suggest he can simply call upon his new Forme whenever he wishes, plus he's going to transform only halfways through the manga, which together would suggest he does not attain it for the first time in the climax of the story.

Do new forms get voice changes though?? I don't remember Keldeo or Kyurem sounding any different for instance.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."

That would be incredibly stupid, and that would make the movie even more disappointing. It'd be like if Goku went Super Saiyan off-screen in between seasons and when he got to Namek, he told Freeza out-of-the-blue, "I can go Super Saiyan." The reason why his transformation was effective was because, besides being built up over time through allusions and all that, we got to watch Goku steadily power up even though it would potentially destroy his body. So when he finally went Super Saiyan for the first time (and it was his first time, I don't remember it ever saying anywhere in the anime or manga that he developed as he traveled to Namek), it was epic and thus memorable.

To just have Mewtwo be all, "Oh, I can transform at will, but I am not contractually obligated to do so until at least mid-way into the movie," and have the movie accept that as its answer will be the result of lazy-ass writing. I will never forgive the movie if they went down that road.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Of course, there's always a good chance that they put it in the trailer that way to avoid revealing something. Like, say if the forme change is triggered in the games by Mewtwo dropping to half HP, like Darmanitan's Zen Mode. Showing a clearly weakened Mewtwo would give away that the Genesect defeat him at first, probably incredibly quickly based on the manga.

Just putting theories out there, because it could really just be as simple as 'we wanted to do it.'

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Of course, there's always a good chance that they put it in the trailer that way to avoid revealing something. Like, say if the forme change is triggered in the games by Mewtwo dropping to half HP, like Darmanitan's Zen Mode. Showing a clearly weakened Mewtwo would give away that the Genesect defeat him at first, probably incredibly quickly based on the manga.

It makes some sense, but Darmanitan's Zen Mode basically turns its body into stone as a way of preservation. If this forme follows the same pattern, then Mewtwo shouldn't be adding more stress to his body like that. And also, Mewtwo was close to dying in Mewtwo Returns. If this forme is triggered due to his body being weakened, then it technically should've already happened when we first saw him in such a pitiful state.

Yes, yes, I know I'm trying to make sense out of an anime that doesn't stay consistent and frequently retcons, but I just want to find some closure. I want to like the new forme, and I also would want to like the movie. I know throwing fits over something I have no control over is stupid, but I'm just still upset over all this. Fan theories are just that: theories. They're not going to really change anything that's been canonized, and I just find it incredibly sad that fan theories tend to be better than what's been given to us, and there are people out there who give you weird looks for adhering more to fan theories/head canons than the actual canon. I'm technically one of those folks, but only if it makes sense. So... *half shrug*

That's no guarantee that Mewtwo will have a female voice in the dub as well. Trip for example has a female voice in the Japanese version while he has a male voice in the dub. They don't always copy the Japanese version.

Yeah but one thing Jamie McGonnigal didn't exactly use a deep voice for Trip, So even if Mewtwo is voiced by a man in the dub it might not a have deep masculine voice like it had before.

Still discussing about dub in the spoilers section? This just seem wrong to me. Don't blame you people cause there is only one Movie 16 thread and that too in Spoilers section.

On Topic: If somehow this Mewtwo is not the same one then that puts a long thing in question, and the most important one of them all is Arceus' singularity. If it is indeed a different Mewtwo then I hope they will explain about its existence.

Ignore my post if they have already revealed that it is the same Mewtwo. I skipped all previous pages cause they were talking about dub VA.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
I hope Mewtwo's forme isn't activated by dropping to half HP.

I'd rather not risk it dying just to get Kid Tuu. Or even just letting the enemy cherry-tap it's way there.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I hope Mewtwo's forme isn't activated by dropping to half HP.

I'd rather not risk it dying just to get Kid Tuu. Or even just letting the enemy cherry-tap it's way there.

Things dont work like that, just like Sylveon is not going to evolve to any old method, it is a new method if it wasn't possible to change forme before that way it doesn't make sense to do it now.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Still discussing about dub in the spoilers section? This just seem wrong to me. Don't blame you people cause there is only one Movie 16 thread and that too in Spoilers section.

Well considering it's dealing in subjects regarding a movie that isn't out in Japan yet, it's completely understandable that it would only be in the Spoilers section.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I can't remember, but didn't Ash "recognize" Mew and Mewtwo back in the old Mastermind special even though they were fake?

So Ash recognizing Mewtwo here doesn't imply its the same one.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I can't remember, but didn't Ash "recognize" Mew and Mewtwo back in the old Mastermind special even though they were fake?

So Ash recognizing Mewtwo here doesn't imply its the same one.

Mew doesn't really matter, because by that point he'd seen another one besides the original Mew.

Mewtwo, on the other hand, isn't a valid example. Dr. Yung screamed out the name "Mewtwo" before it was revealed, and Ash only reacted to it. It can't be discerned if he actually recognized Mewtwo or not. Dr. Yung was aware of the previous Mewtwo, but that might be simply because he saw it in the scan of Pikachu's memory.

alakazam^

How do you know Movie... 9? wasn't the same Mew from Movie 1?

Steelia

forever.
Pardon if this was posted elsewhere, but for anyone who missed it, here's a translation of the interview for Mewtwo's new Japanese voice actress... Probably doesn't shed light on anything, but eh:

Yuyama Kunihiko-Kantoku x Takashima Reiko Interview

Takashima Reiko has been announced to be performing Mewtwo in “Extreme Speed Genesect Mewtwo Awakens”!
After the recording of the most recent trailer, Yuyama Kantoku and Takashima-san did an interview together!

● What are your thoughts on performing the voice of Mewtwo for the first time?

Takashima:
Well, I was extremely happy! Afterall, its that Mewtwo!?
I haven’t necessarily had a lot of experience as an anime voice actress, but I still wanted to be considered for it.
I received a lot of coaching and orders from everyone because I wanted to expand my potential, so I was fully motivated to do it.
But still, since Mewtwo is such a great pokemon, I really wanted to do my best.
I think kids are really anticipating watching this movie, so theres a lot of pressure to live up to their expectations, but I want to draw out a lot of Mewtwo’s various potentials.

● About Mewtwo’s appearances since the first movie

Yuyama:
Since Mewtwo was the pokemon to appear in the first movie, all the staff, including myself, have an emotional attachment to this pokemon.
Mewtwo seems to overlook all the other pokemon, so theres an image as if its in a much higher place.
In this work, I wanted Mewtwo to create a new image, so this production advances it.

● About Takashima performing as Mewtwo

Yuyama:
Although its only a preliminary announcement today, we have done quite a bit within such a short amount of time.
Since I’ve listened various Mewtwo voices, I’ve really enjoyed the post-synchronization of this version.

● Is there anything you would like to highlight in this movie?

Takashima:

In each Pokemon movie, there have been a huge amount of messages compiled together.
This time, with Ash, Mewtwo, and Genesect, I think you get to see several deep friendships and bonds that humans and pokemon exchange between one another. Also, with fellow pokemon helping each other out and people working together, I think its a fun, interesting, and exciting movie to enjoy.

● Are there any points worth noting from the Director?

Yuyama:
I think the biggest theme of this pokemon [movie] is communication.
Pokemon and Ash [and his friends] understand things differently [from one another].
The biggest part is when they meet Mewtwo.
Mewtwo accepts these different qualities as they are, and that is a big thing for communication.

I will be so happy when everyone is able to enjoy how Ash reacts to meeting Mewtwo and Genesect together at the movie theater.

Look forward to the theatrical release on July 13th (Saturday)!

Original Article:
http://www.pokemon-movie.jp/comment/

MountNittany

I've never really kept up with how they have released the trailers in the past. Do they typically release another trailer before the air date in July or is this the last one we are getting?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
How do you know Movie... 9? wasn't the same Mew from Movie 1?

Movie 8. And there were enough context clues in the movie that implied that it was a different Mew.

Although I'm not sure if we can compare that scenario to this one. I mean apparently it was never stated that there was only one Mew in the world, whereas it was stated that Mewtwo was the first and only Mew clone to survive. So for there to be another Mewtwo in existence is just ridiculous imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.