• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie-games

movie games, i hate them! they always suck. But i think the best is the star wars games, they are really good :) and the lego series. But the rest are just crap.

Whats yer fav.?

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Well, my fave is none! They always try and make a quick buck with the games and fail miserably. I can't believe the companies haven't got the message yet : Movies are never supposed to be games as well!

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
the 1st three Harry Potters were decent, not the best in the world, but still decent. but yeah, Star Wars does make the best movie video games. LotR can, but the only good ones or LotROnline and the BFME series

Surfing_Pikachu

Other than what Surfing_Pikachu said, they suck.
Then again, games made into movies suck even more.

Slick

Banned
I find some of the more childish Movie Games (Kung Fu Panda and Cars mainly) to be quite fine really.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
There is the occasionaly diamond in the rough, but by and large, we can count on this simple statement:

Video games based on movies and Movies based on video games suck.

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
I have two words to say.

Goldeneye 64.

Best damn movie game ever.

Other than that, pretty much what Slick said. Those based on Family Films (Toy Story 2, Stuart Little 2, Kung Fu Panda) are usually the best.

However, Sturgeons Law applies to the rest of them, needn't I bring up ET?

TomChomp

Ironman was defenitely the worst

Displeased Owl

NCTH Leader
Star Wars and its Lego series games have always been winners for me. Iron Man was pretty terrible too in agreement with the above post.

However one game that really surprised me was Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (the ps3 and xbox versions)
The story was pretty good, although i have to agree with some reviewers about annoying AI. But its what's come out of it lately that has been amazing.
The DLC bought even more replay value, using new characters you downloaded for story mode was a big plus, and so was expert mode. But the best bit by far has to be ONLINE. Yes not as many people play it as CoD: MW2 but at night it really shines, and a 4v4 team deathmatch or control points is one of the coolest things you can do online IMO (once you master the game - providing you have enough patience).

mitchman_93

AND IT WAS THIS BIG!
Will I get murdered for finding treasure planet on the gba one of the best on the handheld outside the obvious?

Dragonite19

Dragonite Fan
Will I get murdered for finding treasure planet on the gba one of the best on the handheld outside the obvious?

No. There are some good movie games. Mainly the big ones like star wars. I just can't stand the cheep-o ones that have terrible graphics and rotten gameplay. I have played a bunch of demos of movie games and they were just awful! And whats sad is that the companies keep making them!

~Spacial_Rendation~

De Ibwis Twigga!
The biggest achivement for a Movie Video Game was that Goldeneye 007 (On the N64) got Game of the Year.

ShinyPichu4Ever

Eye of the Storm
Goldeneye 007 was a great game. loved the Golden Gun ;) also I think they should make a Kingdom Hearts animated movie. if it's done right it would pwn.