• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie Ratings

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
I dont know how its like in the West, but do movie ratings matter anymore??? I'm 16 and i go to R rated movies and i used to go to PG13 movies since i was 7.

legendarypokemonmaster

Yes, they are usually accurate, but it also depends on the person(although everyone likes to think he or she is the exception to the rule).

ChedWick

Around the western PA area they do matter but only for R rated movies. I frequently go to the movies and see loads of underage kids get turned down for R rated movies. I don't think they actually have to enforce the pg-13 rating but its more there as a guide for parents.

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
i was able to to get into R rated movies since i was like 12, no one tried to stop me

Steelers_Fan

hiding in your mind
In America we let people murder people in PG-13 movies but the second someone takes her top off it's instantly R. -.-

R ratings are the only ratings enforced in my area, in fact the only movie theatre in my town won't let parents buy their kids a ticket for a R movie unless the parent watches the movie also. The only time anything else is questioned is when 6-8 year olds try to get into PG-13 movies by themselves

Ísjaki

Flood Of Red
In America we let people murder people in PG-13 movies but the second someone takes her top off it's instantly R. -.-

R ratings are the only ratings enforced in my area, in fact the only movie theatre in my town won't let parents buy their kids a ticket for a R movie unless the parent watches the movie also. The only time anything else is questioned is when 6-8 year olds try to get into PG-13 movies by themselves

Thats so true, nudity is taken way too seriously, and i would question a 6-8 year old doing anything themselves

Ausgirl

I don't think anyone really pays attention to them anymore. I often see kindergarten and primary school kids sitting in M rated movies like Harry Potter.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
As a movie theater employee, I can tell you right now that I don't really care too much about High School kids going to see R rated movies. I usually more often than not though make them pay for an Adult Ticket even if they're in the kid bracket, because let's face it: Under 12 going to a movie that's supposed to be 17+ isn't the brightest idea. When The Hangover Part 2 came out though, I STRONGLY recommended against younger attendees going to see that movie; even I found it disturbing.

Although come to think of it, I got carded when I went to see I Love You, Man when I was 18. Probably the only time that's ever happened.

Ishida

大典! SENTAI!!
Ive been seeing R rated movies without being carded for as long as i could remember.
Tbh video game ratings are more enforced then movie ratings, when i was younger then 17 i could NEVER buy a game that was m rated without my parents. . .

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
Yeah I agree that they should at least force the rating system more than it is currently going on with by. The main reasons why there some parents that are saying that they should get rid of a R rated film of is that there`s something about the movie that they found sexist and or racial plus not to mention that they took there underage kid that the little kid wanted to see because there`s a toy brand with stuff from the movie and then the film scared the little kid for some reason like them monstrous mermaids in the fourth Pirates of the Caribbean movie was. I do though however would like to see them come out with more in between ratings to make sure that there`s a more action like film for someone that`s ( the film ) to high to get a PG rating and not quiet there to get a PG - 13 rating. If that gets settled out more often , We won`t have anymore accidents like what Temple of Doom caused.

Last edited:

Grei

not the color
I didn't go to many R-rated moves as a 16-year-old, but when I did, I was able to get in without any real trouble.

They matter depending on where you go. If you go somewhere where the employees are lax, then you won't have problems. The theater that's like for me has a bunch of teenagers and college students as workers.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
Keep in mind that PG-13 means "parental guidance," so 13 isn't a hard rule. But of course they will probably stop an 8 year old from going in there by himself.

Fun fact: a PG-13 film is allowed up to 4 f-bombs before it has to be rated R, and they cannot be sexual in context or all in one scene.

Another fun fact: apparently these days you can get a PG rating for smoking

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Ratings are weird. These days a 13 year old kid probably already knows all the bad things in movies.

The movie ratings near me are enforced, at least people have told me they are. Never actually tried it myself.

darkcharizard58

The Harry Potter films have stopped being for children since the 4th film which showed Cedric Diggory's death.

No he was confused because you said M rated movies I think. In America its G, PG, PG-13, R, or NC-17. He didnt take into account that youre from Australia where they have M ratings.

kaiser soze

Reading ADWD
The Harry Potter films have stopped being for children since the 4th film which showed Cedric Diggory's death.

Australian M-rating = US PG-13. But it was kinda confusing because in the US video games rated M are not sold to those under 18. So your context was a little confusing.

That is one of the good things about the HP series. He matures in all of the books unlike in pokemon other franchises.

Ausgirl

Ratings are weird. These days a 13 year old kid probably already knows all the bad things in movies.

This is definately true. I was 10 when I saw Titanic for the first time and I wasn't confused about anything.

Australian M-rating = US PG-13. But it was kinda confusing because in the US video games rated M are not sold to those under 18. So your context was a little confusing.

That is one of the good things about the HP series. He matures in all of the books unlike in pokemon other franchises.

This is what we use:

Australian G =American G
Australian PG =American PG and PG-13
M 15+ =Mature, reccommended for audiences 15 years and over
MA 15+ =Mature Accompanied, children under 15 years cannot see or rent a movie without a parent
Australian R 18+ =American R (except that no-one under 18 may see or rent a movie)
Australian X 18+ =American NC-17

Last edited:

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
Of course.

Movie ratings exist so parents won't have any merit when complaining about their child watching movies with certain types of questionable content.

Should they be enforced? Certainly, though that certainly doesn't stop underage kids from sneaking into R-rated films. Depending on how old they look and the theater, it's not that hard.