1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Movie references in the anime

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by jdgjordan, Jan 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jdgjordan

jdgjordan The chosen Snorlax

So i started a complete unrelated thread and somehow it ended up being a debate on what movies where canon so I made a hole new thread to discuses it.

What movie do you think can be canon with the anime.
    Movie 1 and 2 are talked or foreshadowed about in the anime and rumor has it that 16 will be a part of the anime so that just leaves the rest.

2. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

All of them, but if you want the ones with solid confirmation:

Movie 1 - Ties in with the anime.
    Movie 2 - James mentions Lugia.
    Movie 7 - Professors Research in this movie is mentioned in the Deoxy special.
    Movie 10, 11, 12 - Dawn owns the Lunar Wing in the Cresselia/Darkrai episode which she bought in Movie 10 thus making all three movies confirmed.

3. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I also have this strong hunch that that Genesect movie will end up being canon too. :p

4. Haunter ゴースト

Haha I wonder why?

definetly not the scans, corocoro information and movie info telling us so

5. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

me to. just this funnny feeling I got

6. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Mikoto Uchiha

I'm pretty sure all of them are.

7. AceDetective

AceDetective Banned

this. if some are then stands to reason all are.

Only one I'm not sure about is M14 as there are 2 versions

8. Haunter ゴースト

I think this was actually intended to be non-canon (the first Pokemon movie to be so) mainly because this is the only movie where having Zekrom and Reshiram in them completely messes up the anime story.

I'm not sure, but I personally choose to believe this.

9. Spin Attaxx

Spin Attaxx 2012-2013

All of them are canon.

Reshiram was in M14 despite Episode N contradicting it because *mumblemumble*.

10. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I think that movie(s) 14 is definitely not canon simply because there are two versions. Plus, I doubt there exist multiple Reshiram and Zekrom. N has a connection to Reshiram in anime and Ash is implied to have a connection to Zekrom in anime. So yeah.

11. Umbilical Noose

Umbilical Noose Bonzo Nut

Movie 2 - James mentioning Lugia doesn't mean much unless he had mentioned which Lugia he is talking about.
    Movie 7 - Not sure about that. No direct mention whatsoever.
    Movie 10, 11, 12 - She didn't mentioned where she got that. Just because you have Pokeball doesn't mean you visited Pokemart.

I think only first and upcoming movie are canonical. There is more proof of movies not being cannon than movies being cannon.

12. Haunter ゴースト

Exactly what i'm trying to say. Also, in Movie 14 it's told that Zekrom/Reshiram had to be awakened after being in war years ago.

13. Hilda

Hilda Well-Known Member

Maybe N got his hands on one of them after the movie?

14. Haunter ゴースト

James mentions the one from the Orange Islands specifically.

It wasn't a direct mention, but it was a notebook/computer with the events of Movie 7 in it.

Correct, but i think it's very ridiculous to think otherwise.

Fair enough that's you're opinion.

Nah, cause Zekrom appeared in BW001 and N probably saw Reshiram long before Movie 14.

15. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

Does movie 1 count? He never talked about it in the series, just in the films and specials Movie 8 and Mewtwo special.

Movie 8 for sure, they did a whole arc almost about what happened with that film in the D/P series with the Hunter J episodes.

I think the D/P movies and this new up coming flick sounds like it will.

16. Pokegirl Fan~

There were scenes in the anime that makes the 1st movie canon

17. BlueDragonfangirl

Other than the films and specials, can you tell me what episodes? I don't remember this.

18. Pokegirl Fan~

Well 1 I can actually remember was from the episode the Battle of the Badge where Gary battles Giovanni in the Viridian Gym. The other scenes happened around that episode too.

19. Joltik-Kid

Joltik-Kid What am I doing ಠ_ಠ

Correction on movie 2 (it was dub only to my knowledge)

Why does everyone forget Pokemon Heroes (Movie 5). That was the only time Ash ever saw a Latios and during the Sinnoh league match against Tobias, he knew it immediately without dexing it

20. BlueDragonfangirl

Wasn't that before the events that happened in the film? I guess that counts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.