• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movie related: Why has Ho-Oh never been in a movie?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssquaderi

So, everyone, why do you think we've never seen a Ho-Oh in any movie, the only time its been seen is when Ash is starting a journey, so it's kinda like Ash's Guardian Angel, still, for every legendary, we've seen multiples, so why couldn't a different Ho-Oh have been in a movie? I'm just curious, also speculating a possible Ho-Oh movie on the horizon?

Janovy

Banned
Maybe they're saving it for the last Pokemon movie (or the last one starring Ash).

But yeah, Ho-oh has always been a rather special Pokemon in Ash's life (and it has been depicted as quite elusive, more than any other legend) so it could be why writers are keeping it out of these movies packed with legends.

Last edited:

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I assumed they had plans for Ho-oh in the Gold/Silver/Crystal days which is why he didn't get a movie. Then he came back in the Battle Frontier and disappeared after Sinnoh.

I hope he gets a proper episode saga OR a movie at some point.

nickdt

Ho-Oh is being spared. With Ho-Ohs capture, the saga will end for Ash.

colomb

"Ho-Oh, he detailed, is just a plot device to get Ash moving and to show that he is special. Ho-Oh started Ash on his journey and was one of the reasons he went to Hoenn, and it is never seen by anyone. So, Ho-Oh is just a device to show how special our main character is for having seen it three or so times. Nothing more."

^Only Ash can see Ho-oh so it can't be in a movie.

Janovy

Banned
"Ho-Oh, he detailed, is just a plot device to get Ash moving and to show that he is special. Ho-Oh started Ash on his journey and was one of the reasons he went to Hoenn, and it is never seen by anyone. So, Ho-Oh is just a device to show how special our main character is for having seen it three or so times. Nothing more."

^Only Ash can see Ho-oh so it can't be in a movie.
Not really. Ash, May, Brock and Max all saw Ho-oh in one of the Battle Frontier episodes.

Plus, that comment is OLD and may not even be relevant any longer, who knows what plans the writers might have for Ho-oh.

Last edited:

colomb

Not really. Ash, May, Brock and Max all saw Ho-oh in one of the Battle Frontier episodes.

Plus, that comment is OLD and may not even be relevant any longer, who knows what plans the writers might have for Ho-oh.

I guess I missed that episode, still doesn't change the idea that they don't really want it to make a proper appearance. It also just seems like wishful thinking to hope that they're saving it for something considering it really hasn't been particularly relevant in a long time if ever.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
So, everyone, why do you think we've never seen a Ho-Oh in any movie, the only time its been seen is when Ash is starting a journey, so it's kinda like Ash's Guardian Angel, still, for every legendary, we've seen multiples, so why couldn't a different Ho-Oh have been in a movie? I'm just curious, also speculating a possible Ho-Oh movie on the horizon?

Because Ho oh is tied to the anime story, even though they haven't done **** with it, even the appearances at the end of the region stopped, I guess it made sense in Isshu because its in PokeUSA not PokeJapan(where Ho oh lives) but it didn't appear in Sinnoh either I believe.

Its a shame because to this day its still my favourite legendary and they seem to not know what to do with it, or want to save it for some end of the series symbolism and for that reason it can't appear anywhere else.

I assumed they had plans for Ho-oh in the Gold/Silver/Crystal days which is why he didn't get a movie. Then he came back in the Battle Frontier and disappeared after Sinnoh.

I hope he gets a proper episode saga OR a movie at some point.

They wanted to end the series back in OS, they probably had something in mind back then but since the series keeps going they never got to do it.

Red and Blue

Even if Ho-oh is a important pokemon in Ash's story, that's really no excuse to keep it from appearing in any movies. I'm still hopeful that it will appear in at least one movie in the future.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
By the time Ho-Oh makes a movie appearance, we'll all have long since past. It's most likely being saved for an end of the series finale where Ash catches it after he becomes a "master".

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
Even if Ho-oh is a important pokemon in Ash's story, that's really no excuse to keep it from appearing in any movies. I'm still hopeful that it will appear in at least one movie in the future.

So why is it not appearing, even when everyone else counterpart is in this movie bug Lugias isn't, that is the reason at this point.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Maybe they're saving it for the last Pokemon movie (or the last one starring Ash).

But yeah, Ho-oh has always been a rather special Pokemon in Ash's life (and it has been depicted as quite elusive, more than any other legend) so it could be why writers are keeping it out of these movies packed with legends.

Could be this. It explains why we haven't seen much of Ho-oh at all at least imo.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm not sure, and at this point I hardly care. Ho-Oh's not even relevant in the anime at this point, so as far as I'm concerned, he can stay away for good.

An00bis

Wicked Witch
I don't think it's for any special reason.

Quite a few Legendary Pokemon have never had a starring role in a movie. Of those that actually have appeared not of all them were the center of the plot, either. I'd rather it not show then be shown in a humiliating position like Heatran or Regigias were. They were basically portrayed as normal Pokemon despite the Legendary status.

If the writers can find a place, story, and good opportunity to use Ho-oh I imagine they'd use it. Since Ho-oh is an older Pokemon and the anime's more focused on telling stories with the newest Pokemon because that's what sells games there might not be an opportunity.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan
I don't think it's for any special reason.

Quite a few Legendary Pokemon have never had a starring role in a movie. Of those that actually have appeared not of all them were the center of the plot, either. I'd rather it not show then be shown in a humiliating position like Heatran or Regigias were. They were basically portrayed as normal Pokemon despite the Legendary status.

If the writers can find a place, story, and good opportunity to use Ho-oh I imagine they'd use it. Since Ho-oh is an older Pokemon and the anime's more focused on telling stories with the newest Pokemon because that's what sells games there might not be an opportunity.

You really dont see anything weird here? its the only box legendary that got nothing, legendaries have come back for other movies, most of them are coming for this one and Lugia is here but his counterpart isn't and you think there is no special reason for it? then they just don't like Ho oh, its explained guys.

Janovy

Banned
Since Ho-oh is an older Pokemon and the anime's more focused on telling stories with the newest Pokemon because that's what sells games there might not be an opportunity.
Still doesn't explain why the writers just don't include it with other legendaries, for example, in the Hoopa movie where the appearance would make sense. If they didn't care about Ho-oh they'd just throw it in there.

But since Ho-oh never had a proper role before, either in the anime or movies, it's logical to assume that either:

a) They want to keep Ho-oh elusive and special and never plan to give it a bigger role.

OR

b) They're keeping Ho-oh for some special occassion, perhaps as Ash's journey nears its ending.

Whatever the case, there is a reason Ho-oh never got a major role in the anime or movies. My guess is option A, but B is nice to think about.

Or maybe they just hate Ho-oh.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Because the writers hate bird Pokemon. Including legendary birds. The bird trio only got in because of the grandfather clause

LizardonX

Banned
Better not show up than to show up as some random pack mule like heatran.

That thing became a mainstay of competitive battling from the day it was made and the movies made it seem like some random fillermon that had no importance.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
In all honesty, I have no idea. I think we should just find the writers of Pokemon and ask them, because I can't think any other reason

Status
Not open for further replies.