• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movies = Canon? Dump it all here and leave the Genesect movie thread alone plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunter ゴースト

But the movies never mention anime locations(outside of the actual region and pallet town I believe)

That is an anime only location, meaning without the anime, Ash wouldn't even know about the valley. That seems enough to confirm it for me.

That logic is b/s.

Sorry but you're assuming that anime only locations are never, or never will be mentioned in the movies.

Regardless, Orange Islands is mentioned in Movie 2 and Characific Valley is mentioned in Movie 3.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
This thread is making me facepalm so hard I just put a hole in my head.

Yes, since the episodes made it semi-believable that he gained them at that moment. He shouted out to Riolu, and reacted surprised when he heard Riolus voice. The ranger explained it was Riolu's Aura talking and the gang headed off to save it.

He gained them in the Riolu episode even though he used them fifteen episodes earlier when he was the only one who could seal Spiritomb because he had said powers?

Haunter ゴースト

He gained them in the Riolu episode even though he used them fifteen episodes earlier when he was the only one who could seal Spiritomb because he had said powers?

Haha, so? It doesn't matter which way around the episodes are, none of them directly confirm (or even hint for that matter) that Movie 8 is canon.

Ash never uses Aura, he's simply mistaken as the 'aura guardian' by Spiritomb.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
That logic is b/s.

Sorry but you're assuming that anime only locations are never, or never will be mentioned in the movies.

Regardless, Orange Islands is mentioned in Movie 2 and Characific Valley is mentioned in Movie 3.

Ya which would make it canon. They never bring back older pokemon in the movies so the simple fact that Charizard was even there should make it canon.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Just rewatched the episode and yes they do recognise Entei, however it still only belongs in the 'movies people believe are canon' since recognizing a name is never definite confirmation.

Yes, since the episodes made it semi-believable that he gained them at that moment. He shouted out to Riolu, and reacted surprised when he heard Riolus voice. The ranger explained it was Riolu's Aura talking and the gang headed off to save it.

Yeah, it's common sense that it's the same Lunar Wing, but nothing labels it as the same one so we can't automatically assume it is.
Cool, I'm actually glad I remembered something from that long ago, even if it doesn't absolutely confirm the movie ^_^

Eh, that's acceptable. In the end I guess if all of the fandom feels it canon though, it could probably get a pass. Oh well, I don't really care about movie canon since it doesn't make the show itself any better or worst

Haunter ゴースト

Ya which would make it canon. They never bring back older pokemon in the movies so the simple fact that Charizard was even there should make it canon.

So much wrong with this statement.

Cool, I'm actually glad I remembered something from that long ago, even if it doesn't absolutely confirm the movie ^_^

Eh, that's acceptable. In the end I guess if all of the fandom feels it canon though, it could probably get a pass. Oh well, I don't really care about movie canon since it doesn't make the show itself any better or worst

Yeah you should be impressed haha.

I personally like to believe all movies besides 14 are canon, however i'm just listing the official confirmations and such.

Joltik-Kid

Why are you the one always creating these threads pokemonsquard?

I personally like to believe all movies besides 14 are canon, however i'm just listing the official confirmations and such.
Seeing as that episode was one of the few to actually not be fully filler, I can see why I might have remembered

M14 is messed up, but it seems that the Zekrom movie was considered the true one seeing as it's the one to receive a manga adaption, though maybe they did make a manga version of White Hero as well (I wouldn't know)

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
M14 is messed up, but it seems that the Zekrom movie was considered the true one seeing as it's the one to receive a manga adaption, though maybe they did make a manga version of White Hero as well (I wouldn't know)

No, there is no manga adaptation of the Reshiram version.

Haunter ゴースト

I actually like the Movie (Zekrom/White Version being my favorite) I think the stories great but as I explained in the previous page, It messes with the canonolgy of the BW anime so badly compared to the other films that I can't stand the thought of it even being canon without a good explanation why.

I personally believe White is the intended real version of Movie 14 aswell for three reasons:

-The manga adapted White.

-In the title sequence of the Movie, it was given it's own unique theme whilst in Black it was the generic Movie theme (Potential hint? I'd like to think so).

-In the anime Ash is tied more to Zekrom especially now with N being tied to Reshiram. The Movie feels more fitting to follow the Zekrom team-up instead for Ash instead.

Joltik-Kid

I actually like the Movie (Zekrom/White Version being my favorite) I think the stories great but as I explained in the previous page, It messes with the canonolgy of the BW anime so badly compared to the other films that I can't stand the thought of it even being canon without a good explanation why.

I personally believe White is the intended real version of Movie 14 aswell for three reasons:

-The manga adapted White.

-In the title sequence of the Movie, it was given it's own unique theme whilst in Black it was the generic Movie theme (Potential hint? I'd like to think so).

-In the anime Ash is tied more to Zekrom especially now with N being tied to Reshiram. The Movie feels more fitting to follow the Zekrom team-up instead for Ash instead.
By messed up, I meant in terms of timeline XD

White Hero was the Japanese version that Ash got Reshiram...or maybe I mixing it up :S

But yet when I said Zekrom movie, I meant the one where Ash was the one to awaken it and was also the movie to get a manga adaption.

Haunter ゴースト

By messed up, I meant in terms of timeline XD

Me too.

White Hero was the Japanese version that Ash got Reshiram...or maybe I mixing it up :S

But yet when I said Zekrom movie, I meant the one where Ash was the one to awaken it and was also the movie to get a manga adaption.

You mixed it up ;)

Pokemon Movie White is where Ash awakens Zekrom to team up with it and fight against Reshiram.

I personally don't think the movies are canon at all. I mean, I know it might be silly for me to think it's not but... I would think that in the actual anime episodes, they would have mentioned their movie adventures. (especially with the Rise of Darkrai. I felt a little disconnect)

An00bis

Wicked Witch
*comes into this thread to give a reason why both versions of Movie 14 were canon*

Ash never uses Aura, he's simply mistaken as the 'aura guardian' by Spiritomb.

... *backs out of this thread*

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
So much wrong with this statement.

Essentially your saying that Charizard didn't save Ash and he got impaled by a spike and died.

Muffin Man

Why should any movie be considered non-canon, unless it directly contradicts the anime? DO any of the movies directly contradict the anime? Where did the whole "some movies are non-canon" idea come from? Why not just decide that random episodes are non-canon if they are never referenced in other episodes? Does every episode need to reference every episode, series, and movie?

The only movie that has dubious canonicity is movie 14, but it is obviously a special case. Why should the others even be a question?

Hikari Paradise

Forever Alone
Movie 6 is proven canon through Movie 8 since Butler and Diane show up in the credits. Just throwin' it out there since it was overlooked.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I personally believe all movies are canon (emphasis on movies; I don't count specials like the one about Mewtwo since it wasn't originally a movie).

UnovaCastaway

The only movie that has dubious canonicity is movie 14, but it is obviously a special case. Why should the others even be a question?

I agree with this.

I also think most, if not all, side specials and Chronicles episodes are canon too. They help with Pokemon's "expanded universe."

Status
Not open for further replies.