• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Movies You Hate

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Battle: Los Angeles

I actually thought this movie was pretty good, even though it uses probably the most overused plot device of all time (an alien invasion). The action was pretty intense, the special effects were well done, and it did make it seem very believable. There are a lot of movies that use an alien invasion as the main backdrop for the storyline, but I think Battle: Los Angeles is one of the few movies that handle it well.

As for movies I hate, I was pretty disgusted with the movie Crash, enough to the point where I turned it off halfway through. What I hate the most about it is we've made so much progress coming away from racism and discrimination, and this miserable excuse for a movie tries to undo all that by making generalist depictions of just about every ethnic background that's out there, the exact opposite of what we need. This movie is nothing more than one racist or generalist remark after another with no real storyline to follow. It's one thing to waste two hours of my time with a brainless or boring movie, but it's quite another to leave me feeling pissed that movies like this are even allowed to exist.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
The most recent film to really disturb me with its awfulness was "The Hangover Part 2". Like many I was disappointed by its repetition from the first one and the low quality of the humour, combined with the gratuitously dark tone and rather racist portrayal of Asian people. But the most painful thing for me was the explanation for how they lost control in the first place. I won't spoil it, but unlike in the first film (where it was a dumb but honest mistake) which led to the events, it was instead an act of despicable malice which made the most popular character into a total monster. I couldn't wait for that hunk of crap to end. And don't get me wrong, because I like my humour dark. There just wasn't any humour in it. One of the worst comedy sequels I've ever seen.

These are all the movies i hate:
1. South Park Movie-Too much sexual content for a R rated movie, and it would be ok if the SONGS WEREN'T SO ANNOYING!
2. Fairly odd parents movies-Turn it off!!!
3.All Barbie Movies-Barbie seems to be more and more annoying every movie.
4. Bambi 2-We didn't need to see what he did while he grew up, the first movie explained it all: His mom died, His dad took care of him, Bambi is a young adult.
5.Mars Needs Moms-Most stupid movie Disney did. Yeah bet you didn't know that...It's made by Disney but it looks like some Dreamworks Movie & this movie Reminds me of Planet 51.
6.Spy Kids 4-D-i hate hate HATED this movie, i had to leave the theater early and go play in the arcade with some kid who got bored watching Captain America.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free

ChedWick

1. South Park Movie-Too much sexual content for a R rated movie, and it would be ok if the SONGS WEREN'T SO ANNOYING!

-To much sex

-R rated

Pick one, they can't both exist together.

The Last Airbender and Dragon Ball evolution are my top hated movies. Shyamalan atleast kept to the story but it was just horribly done.

-To much sex

-R rated

Pick one, they can't both exist together.

The Last Airbender and Dragon Ball evolution are my top hated movies. Shyamalan atleast kept to the story but it was just horribly done.

I'd pick too much sex.

Anyways, movies I hate the most are the Saw series.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
2. Fairly odd parents movies-Turn it off!!!
3.All Barbie Movies-Barbie seems to be more and more annoying every movie.
4. Bambi 2-We didn't need to see what he did while he grew up, the first movie explained it all: His mom died, His dad took care of him, Bambi is a young adult.
5.Mars Needs Moms-Most stupid movie Disney did. Yeah bet you didn't know that...It's made by Disney but it looks like some Dreamworks Movie & this movie Reminds me of Planet 51.
6.Spy Kids 4-D-i hate hate HATED this movie, i had to leave the theater early and go play in the arcade with some kid who got bored watching Captain America.

Aren't you kinda young for south park?
barbie sucks in general.
bambi was alright
spy kids 4 is gonna suck real hard.

Venomfang

Perky Goth
Little Miss Sunshine. I have no idea how this piece of garbage got such good reviews, the plot was stupid, the characters were unlikeable (except for Steve Carells character), and it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a black comedy or a family film.

Aegon

Any direct-to-DVD Disney or Barbie movies.

IF YOU CAN'T SHOW THEM IN THEATERS, WHY MAKE THEM?
It's much cheaper to release movies straight to DVD, rather than having them shown in cinemas on a large scale. The chance that the movies will be loss-making is much less when this is done. Pokémon movies do it.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Two movies come to mind, this film called Horse Whisperer, it was sooo boring and Skyline. After watching it they should of just called the movie 'Hopeless' the way everyone died. It was way too predictable and hardly entertaining. :/

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.

I used to watch Spy Kids 2 all the time, by now, of coarse, I grew out of Spy Kids, but back then, I couldn't get enough. Even today, I wouldn't mind giving it another view. But you want to know a major turn off for me. Never in ANY movie should ANYTHING come out of ANYTHING's ***. That's just disgusting, and it turns me off completely. ...So I'll probably never make a proper judgement.

Avatar, bored me to tears, I don't understand how so many people can say this movie was actually good with a straight face, you take out all the pretty effects and people would see it for the piece of crap that it is.

Like I said, the people who like it are generally misanthropic(Hates their own race). Alternatively, the people who hate it are generally AGAINST misanthropy. Me, I stay neutral because I realize these days that there are plenty of reasons to be misanthropic, while not being so myself. I dunno, I thought the movie was okay, myself. The whole "9 out of 10 humans are evil" plot has been done a lot, though. Fern Gully, Battle For Terra, Pom Poko, just to name a few.

(I didn't list Once Upon A Forest because I consider that more as portraying a fear that animals might have of humans rather than simply portraying humans as evil.)

Last edited:

orangezilla

Who's dar man
Madagascar, I've seen less than an hour of the 2nd one and yet I know it's at least 20X better

Basically just like Hollywood is doing now and oversaturating theatres with scare-flicks! It's not even October yet! Geez! Films like Final Destination I despise. It is nothing more than a "let's think of the most grotesque ways to kill people" for all of the goreholics out there. I find nothing amusing or entertaining about the depiction of killing people.

The Doctor

Absolute Beginner
*deep breath*

The Last Airbender
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The Twilight Saga
Clash of the Titans (remake)
The Cat in the Hat
Pay It Forward
Batman Returns (yes, this is a worse film than Batman & Robin)
Dragonball Evolution

...in no particular order.

You nailed it with Dragonball Evolution! Once I heard they were coming out with a live action movie, I thought automatically: FAIL! I couldn't believe they would be so stupid as to try and portray a movie with an anime that was completely unrealistic in so many ways. It was doomed from the start. That's why I didn't even remotely consider to go see it.

*deep breath*

The Last Airbender
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
The Twilight Saga
Clash of the Titans (remake)
The Cat in the Hat
Pay It Forward
Batman Returns (yes, this is a worse film than Batman & Robin)
Dragonball Evolution

...in no particular order.

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
I don't like Twilight nor do I like any of those newer Disney films, which all feel like a cash grab for the tween population without any of the enjoyment or human decency of previous Disney films.

Dread Advocate

†Stay Metal†
Originally Posted by MegoUrth
Like I said, the people who like it are generally misanthropic(Hates their own race). Alternatively, the people who hate it are generally AGAINST misanthropy. Me, I stay neutral because I realize these days that there are plenty of reasons to be misanthropic, while not being so myself. I dunno, I thought the movie was okay, myself. The whole "9 out of 10 humans are evil" plot has been done a lot, though. Fern Gully, Battle For Terra, Pom Poko, just to name a few.

I don't hate Avatar because of misanthropy. I hate it because, simply put, it's eye candy with one of the weakest storylines ever. All the worship it received over the CG, although fun to look at once, it doesn't deserve. Amazing special effects don't make a fantastic movie.