• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Moving files in folders (Win 8.1)

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
I know by the title of the thread, you're probably thinking How could anyone have problems moving files in a folder? Rest assured that's not exactly what I mean, but yet I still can't exactly figure this out. I feel like it might have something to do with the folder options, but I dunno. I'm gonna try my best to describe this:

When moving files in a folder in Win 8.1, well, let's say I have files in this arrangement on the GUI: [a b c x] . Let's say I want to move file x inbetween b and c so it would now look like [a b x c] . This is theoretically any incredibly easy thing to do, and was easily done on all of the other Windows OSs I remember having. But in the entire time I've owned this Windows 8 PC, and even with the 8.1 upgrade, it's never let me move files like that. It seems like they're always forcefully alphabetically ordered, I can't even move a file one space over.

This is actually pretty important for me and could save me alot of time as I have some picture directories that have hundreds of unorganized pictures in them that need to go into their respective folders, and well, being able to drag a big bunch of them going from the bottom up is going to be a lot easier than only being able to drag a few at a time.

So... I feel like the solution might be really simple, but what do I do?

Yami Ron

Elite Member
When the directory is sorted by file name, you can only sort by alphabet. But there is a caveat:

Add a number in front of the file name "1 - " to not sort the folder by alphabet, but instead by number.

Sceptile Master

Survivor of the Great Avatar Depression
Well, I see how that could help, but... I have some directories in which there are literally hundreds of unorganized pictures, even over a thousand in a couple cases I need to stop going to threads dedicated to good fanarts of characters

I'm still not sure if I explained that well enough, but I'm not sure that would be a solution in all cases to my problem, sorry.