• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MP3Gain and iTunes

Matoro

Toa of Ice
Hey all--

So I download most of my music as MP3 files from, eh, questionable sources. Then I just add them into iTunes and play them on my iPod. In general, I dislike using Mac products, and iTunes is no exception. Anyway, because these MP3 files come from highly varied sources, they have extreme changes in volume, which is really annoying, because basically every song I have to go and change the volume a lot. So I used this program called MP3Gain on them, and it worked like a charm. There's a Wikipedia article and stuff on it in case you're wondering. What I did after that was in order to replace the old MP3 files I had imported to iTunes, I just deleted it all and reimported it. I don't have a problem with doing this, it takes like 30 seconds. My problem is doing that deletes all the metadata iTunes has stored about those files, since it doesn't actually store it in the actual file and stores it in my iTunes files. Therefore, when I resync my iPod, all of my ratings are gone, plays are reset to 0, and dates added and last played become the date I reimported them all. This is kind of annoying, and I was wondering if, when I go in and edit an MP3 file's metadata, if the iTunes file will change itself also, since the pathway is not changed and is registered in iTunes as the actual pathway to the MP3, or do I have to go through all that everytime? Thanks for your help--