1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

.mpv files - What they mean and getting them to play

Discussion in 'Technology Help' started by Golde, Aug 3, 2009.

1. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

I recently downloaded some videos that ended in .mpv. I've never heard of it, and nobody I know does either. I can't find anything about it, and I don't know how to get them to play. If someone could help me with that, I'd appreciate it very much.

Also, I'd like to know if there's any way to put a video (specifically these ones that end in .mpv) on a CD/DVD (specifically CD's, but I can buy DVDs I guess...) and make them play on a TV. I doubt it, but, whatever.

When I try to play these, I get a pop up that says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I later noticed that MediaPlayer plays .mpv2 files, what's the deal with that?

2. Ice Dingo

Ice Dingo Member

This is a weird format. I've never heard of it before and there isn't much about it.
    But I would try VLC media player. It plays lots of formats, pretty much anything you throw at it. Also maybe Media Player Classic does but I've never used it so I'm not sure about that.
    VLC

3. Golde

Golde Always Searching~

Yeah, yeah, VLC. I tried that, it works (it's slow as no other on my computer...)

Thanks...right now I don't have any more questions...I don't think these CDs I'm using hold videos...GOD I SUCK AT THIS SORT OF THING XD

Anyway, yeah. I should be done...Thanks again.