• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

.mpv files - What they mean and getting them to play

Golde

Always Searching~
I recently downloaded some videos that ended in .mpv. I've never heard of it, and nobody I know does either. I can't find anything about it, and I don't know how to get them to play. If someone could help me with that, I'd appreciate it very much.

Also, I'd like to know if there's any way to put a video (specifically these ones that end in .mpv) on a CD/DVD (specifically CD's, but I can buy DVDs I guess...) and make them play on a TV. I doubt it, but, whatever.

When I try to play these, I get a pop up that says "Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file."

I later noticed that MediaPlayer plays .mpv2 files, what's the deal with that?

Ice Dingo

This is a weird format. I've never heard of it before and there isn't much about it.
But I would try VLC media player. It plays lots of formats, pretty much anything you throw at it. Also maybe Media Player Classic does but I've never used it so I'm not sure about that.
VLC

Golde

Always Searching~
Yeah, yeah, VLC. I tried that, it works (it's slow as no other on my computer...)

Thanks...right now I don't have any more questions...I don't think these CDs I'm using hold videos...GOD I SUCK AT THIS SORT OF THING XD

Anyway, yeah. I should be done...Thanks again.