• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mr. E's Mystery Club

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Mr. E’s Mystery Club

First off, the rules: normal sppf rules apply (you all know them but here they are anyway)
1) Limit foul language
2) Don’t spam
3) Stay on topic
4) No double posting
5) Don’t troll or flame users

Welcome to Mr. E’s Mystery club!
In this club we will play mystery games, solve and share riddles/puzzles, discuss mystery movies, TV shows, games, books etc.
Examples of mystery topics:
Video games: Ace attorney, professor Layton etc.
Books: Sherlock holmes, idk etc
TV shows: Law & Order, criminal minds, bones, CSI,

In this club, 6 words govern everything:
Who
What
Where
Why
When
How

;201-?;WHAT are the ranks;201-?;

Mr./Mrs./Rookie (this is the one you start with)

Prof. (professor) 20p

Ins. (inspector) 35p

Det. (detective) 50p

PI. (private investigator) 70

To receive points you will:
Solve riddles (the amount of points depends on the riddle)
Win games that are played.
Posting riddles for other people to solve
also, for each riddle you get 3 hints, if u want a hint then pm the person who posted the riddle, and he will pm you a hint.

;201-?; WHO are the members ;201-?;

Mrs. Mist - 2

Mr. Ivy - 2

Mr. Dirkac Sovvle - 2

Mr. E - N/A

Mr. Swagger -

Mr. Coyote - 7

Sora Michaelis - 1

Mr. Spark - 2

Mr. Grim - 2

;201-?; WHAT games will be played ;201-?;

The games that will be played are similar to the pokemon mansion game going on in the game section right now.
Also I created the game Whodunnit in the games section.

;201-?; HOW do I join ;201-?;

Here is the entry form:

Username:
Club Name: (add the prefix (u start with Mr. or Mrs. And then say your name))
Your Pokemon Partner:
A Quick Bio of Your Character:

Here is the club banner:
MrEsMysteryClubuserbar.png

(credit goes to: flower paradise graphics)​

Last edited:

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
If it's okk I'd like to give it a try.

Username: RainaXainne
Club Name: Mrs. Mist
My Pokemon Partner: Jellicent (female)
Mrs. Mist is a lover of water and ice. She's bright and bubbly, but also has a very serious and calm side. Her dream is to one day travel the seas in search of any adventure and mystery possible.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
welcome to the club Mr. Ivy :)
remember if u have any good riddles/puzzles post them for people to solve :D
i am currently playing thought Professor layton and the miracle mask, so if i see a good riddle in there i will post it.

I gots a riddle. three kids get lined up and sit in chairs. They only see whats in front of them sitting down. now a teacher picks up a box with only 5 hats in it. 2 blue and 3 red. She has the kids close there eyes and puts a hat on each kid. now, the first kid, which is in the back of the three opens his eyes. he sees the color hats the two in front wear but not his own. he says, "i don't know what color hat i'm wearing" the second kid opens his eyes and sees the kid in fronts hat but still not his own and says, "i don't know what color hat i'm wearing.the third kid instantly opens his eyes, not seeing anyones color hat says, "i know what color hat mine is!" How does he know , what is it and explain

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
I gots a riddle. three kids get lined up and sit in chairs. They only see whats in front of them sitting down. now a teacher picks up a box with only 5 hats in it. 2 blue and 3 red. She has the kids close there eyes and puts a hat on each kid. now, the first kid, which is in the back of the three opens his eyes. he sees the color hats the two in front wear but not his own. he says, "i don't know what color hat i'm wearing" the second kid opens his eyes and sees the kid in fronts hat but still not his own and says, "i don't know what color hat i'm wearing.the third kid instantly opens his eyes, not seeing anyones color hat says, "i know what color hat mine is!" How does he know , what is it and explain

i think its red.
if the first kid saw 1 blue hat and 1 red hat, then he could have either.(if he had seen 2 blue's he would have known that he had red)
if the second kid saw 1 red hat then he wouldnt know what he had.
so i guess that the only way the front bay could have known which one he had was for him to have red.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
welcome to the club Mrs. Mist :)
just out of curiosity what kind of mystery's do u like? (books, games, tv shows etc.)

Well I'm actually a fan of fantasy. Though I do love figuring things out. If you know the HBO series True Blood, then I'd say the author of the books the show is based on also wrote several mysteries. Also, the Anita Blake series is more like a mystery fantasy too. I just like having the in-human element to make you really think about how certain motives come about. I just love trying to figure out how the psychology of it. Humans can be almost predictable sometimes. Reading is my big thing, though I do enjoy trying to guess how story lines will play out in games and movies.

Riddle: Oh gosh....I'd say red as well. My logic is that: Yes the first person obviously didn't see two blue hats, or else the first person would know they were red. That means the possible outcomes were, red blue, red red, or blue red. I rule out red red because chances are that person might be blue themselves. Chances would be smaller for all three to be red. The second person wouldn't know anything because the first guy gave him no clues, and the guy in front of him must be red. I say this because of the chances again. (if the first guy had a blue hat then it would mean only one other had a very small chance of also being blue, which would give them a better clue.) The third guy would be more sure of his choice because a red hat would mean both the other's would have harder chances of figuring it out.

I hope yall understood that. I'm trying to say that if the very last hat was in fact a blue hat, then the chances would be stronger for the first two to have red hats.

**OOC* I also want to add that my work shifts have been switched to mostly nights. Arizona time doesn't follow day light savings. (now we are the same time as MST I believe) I will still be active though!!**

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
A club of mysteries, puzzles and riddles? Seems like my kind of thing.

Username: dirkac
Club name: Mr. Dirkac Sovvle
partner: Swadloon
Bio: A person that has been interested in riddles since he was five years old. He often plays the very first installment of Professor Layton. He and Swadloon are so inseperatable you could say they're chained together.

Also, if I mitpght try the riddle, if the first kid saw one blueand one red hat, it would mean he could have either red kr blue. The second would have no clue, as he had no help. The third one however, as it is more likely for both the first to be red, would most likely be blue.

The first kid still however, could still be either, but the last two cannot be blue, only one, meaning that the first kid is most likely blue, the second red, and the thrid blue again.

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
EDIT: Scrap this. You're right Mr. Ivy.

Uh, I got something to say about the Mr./Mrs. Thing. If you're gender is undisclosed in your profile, this woukd just gibpve it away. Shouldn't there be a neutral option in cases like that?

Last edited:

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
EDIT: Scrap this. You're right Mr. Ivy.

Uh, I got something to say about the Mr./Mrs. Thing. If you're gender is undisclosed in your profile, this woukd just gibpve it away. Shouldn't there be a neutral option in cases like that?

u could just make one up or i could figure out a default one...Maybe citizen? idk XD
(i originally was just going to have MR., Mrs. was an afterthought)

Username: ansem the wise
Club Name: Mr.E
Your Pokemon Partner: Gallade
A Quick Bio of Your Character: the maker of the club, loves to solve mysteries, puzzles and the like. but is also kind of lazy so he mainly watches mystery shows or reads mystery books.

and welcome to the club Mr. Dirkac Sovvle :D

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
u could just make one up or i could figure out a default one...Maybe citizen? idk XD
(i originally was just going to have MR., Mrs. was an afterthought)

Username: ansem the wise
Club Name: Mr.E
Your Pokemon Partner: Gallade
A Quick Bio of Your Character: the maker of the club, loves to solve mysteries, puzzles and the like. but is also kind of lazy so he mainly watches mystery shows or reads mystery books.

and welcome to the club Mr. Dirkac Sovvle :D

Thank you for accepting me :)

Citizen is the best I could come up with. :p

Uh, I should probably say something about the riddles/questions/puzzles/whatevers. They tend to need you to know trivial junk about the subject.

Here's one example of that. (Note, it's really uh, odd)

In a an aquarium, there is one tank with one barramundi. A junior caretaker takes care of only this barramundi in order to be hired.
However, on one day, the barramundi was male, and the next, it was female.
Because of that, it was immediately suspected that the fish was replaced by another.
There were a total of four suspects that spent a very long time near the fish.

1. An old man that claims to be a sculptor. "Why would I steal that fish and relace it with another? I can see it here can't I?"
2. A man that claims to be. A digital artist. "Really, if I were to want that fish for art, I could just take a picture from the internet."
3. A woman that was holding a fish tank that could have held the fish. "S you suspect me beause of the fish tank? Where would I hide the fish and replce it if I did it? Hmmm?"
4. The caretaker. "Ehy would I replace it? That fish was the only reason I would get hired here."

I'll give the answer once you have all guessed once. No hints. And remember, trivial junk.

Last edited:

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
Lol the answer is a red hat cause if it were blue, then the second kid would know he wasn't wearing blue, and he didn't know what color hat he was wearing

Ha, I knew it had to do with the middle person!! I feel pretty good, because most logic riddles I get stumped!!

If we don't do Mr. Mrs. how about Rookie?

I believe the fish is Hermaphroditic. I researched my hypothesis, sorry if I wasn't supposed to. ( I came to the conclusion BEFORE I looked it up)

Last edited:

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Ha, I knew it had to do with the middle person!! I feel pretty good, because most logic riddles I get stumped!!

If we don't do Mr. Mrs. how about Rookie?

Rookie sounds good :)

And, uh, I got a question about hints in this club. Should they be used? If they are, they should be limited (if used at all).

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
Maybe it could be that if no one gets the answer correct, or if the riddle is left floating for a day or longer, we get only one hint?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Maybe it could be that if no one gets the answer correct, or if the riddle is left floating for a day or longer, we get only one hint?

That sounds good yeah. Or that everyone starts off with five hint points, and once they ask for a hint, they lose one hint ooint. Ad if you rank up, you get two more or something.

RainaXainne

Balanced Trainer
I like that idea too. Obviously we would pm the hint as to keep the others from getting a freebie. We just have to make sure our pm's aren't full.