• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Mr. E's Mystery Club

Dreamy

Hey guys, here's a puzzle for you

There are three switches downstairs. Each corresponds to
one of the three light bulbs in the attic. You can turn the
switches on and off and leave them in any position.
How would you identify which switch corresponds to which
light bulb, if you are only allowed one trip upstairs?

Last edited:

Dreamy

Hint: Glass + Lit filament = ?

This should be enough to solve the riddle, also it is a one person job.

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Hint: Glass + Lit filament = ?

This should be enough to solve the riddle, also it is a one person job.

Umm, well, you could use mirrors to reflect the light to see if the light went on or not...

Dreamy

Umm, well, you could use mirrors to reflect the light to see if the light went on or not...

Nice guess, but a little too complicated, the solution is much more simple, don't over think it. Remember (or look up) Occam's razor.

Hint 2: what happens when you leave a light on for a while?

Schade

Metallic Wonder
This looks interesting.. May I?

Username: Elysian
Club Name: Mr. Grim
Your Pokemon Partner: Houndoom
A Quick Bio of Your Character: Houndoom got the nose, Grim got the eyes. Houndoom is an Early Bird, Grim isn't..... Zzzz.. Together, they make an exellent team!

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Nice guess, but a little too complicated, the solution is much more simple, don't over think it. Remember (or look up) Occam's razor.

Hint 2: what happens when you leave a light on for a while?

When you leave a light on for a while... Uh, I got a guess, but it's complicaed :p

You go up before turning them on, and you drip different perfumes on he bulbs, once you turn the switches you can smell which correspond.

Dreamy

When you leave a light on for a while... Uh, I got a guess, but it's complicaed :p

You go up before turning them on, and you drip different perfumes on he bulbs, once you turn the switches you can smell which correspond.

You only get one trip up the stairs, keep thinking, you're still over thinking it, but you are getting closer. Think about the second hint a little more.

Dreamy

You turn on one switch and wait for it to burn out then leave on on and one off...I think.
Also welcome to the club Mr grim ill add to the first post when I get to a actual.computer.

You are so close, but it would take a long time for the bulb to burn out, think about how you could check it in less than a minute.

Dreamy

You could use security cameras if you have them...

If not, then I'm officially stumped.
Could be a good answer to another puzzle, I might consider that
I think I got it.
you turn one on and let it sit then turn it off then leave on on and the other 2 off then when you get up there check to see Wichita off bulb is cold and Which is warm.
Congratulations, you got it ^_^

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Thanks, people. Glad I could join.

Dreamy

Welcome to the club Mr. Grim

Do any of you guys watch mystery/crime shows? and which are your favorites?

I love CSI:NY, CSI, Criminal Minds, Elementary, NCIS, and Law & Order:Criminal Intent

Can't wait for the US premiere of Continuum on SyFy, I've been holding off watching the Canadian version on Youtube.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Can I join?

Username:ElectricPokeLover (At time of typing)
Club Name: Mr. Spark
Your Pokemon Partner:Luxray
A Quick Bio of Your Character:He is pretty witty and clever but he can be clumsy sometimes. Despite the fact he's younger than most of his allies he's still knowledgeable. He does scare easily and he's kind of shy and lonely but he will always do the best he can.
whoops, must've missed you. wecome ^_^
Thanks, people. Glad I could join.
no prob, you can answer anyones riddle or post one of your own.
Welcome to the club Mr. Grim

Do any of you guys watch mystery/crime shows? and which are your favorites?

I love CSI:NY, CSI, Criminal Minds, Elementary, NCIS, and Law & Order:Criminal Intent

Can't wait for the US premiere of Continuum on SyFy, I've been holding off watching the Canadian version on Youtube.

I also love criminal minds and elementary, but i prefer svu over criminal intent, but thats just me XD i will also occasionally watch bones.
Whats continuum? the only one i know is stargate continuum. XD

also, heres a riddle:

For some I go fast
for others I'm slow.
To most people, I'm an obsession
relying on me is a well practiced lesson.

What am I?

this is an easy one ^_^