• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[MTG-Casual] Extort

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade
This is based on something I couldn't do in Standard -- 0-cost spells combined with extort.

LANDS
4x Fetid Heath
8x Plains
8x Swamp

EXTORT SOURCES
4x Basilica Screecher
4x Kingpin's Pet
4x Syndic of Tithes
4x Thrull Parasite

0-COST SPELLS
4x Gitaxian Probe
4x Gut Shot
4x Memnite
4x Ornithopter
4x Phyrexian Walker
4x Surgical Extraction

The strategy here is very simple and incredibly one-track (and kind of fragile as a result); drop sources of extort, then start dumping out the 0-cost spells and extorting them.

Pretty simple, but might stand some adjustments?

Kamotz

God of Monsters
You realize that you get half-shutdown by Angel of Jubilation, right? It stops you from paying Phyrexian Mana...and then your spells are useless.

The Admiral

That is true. I didn't even think of that at all.

There's also enough 0-cost artifacts that I could run in place of those, actually, which means that I could probably rebuild this to get around that. Gitaxian Probe is the biggest loss out of the Phyrexian spells, though, so I could redo that fairly easily.

You realize that you get half-shutdown by Angel of Jubilation, right? It stops you from paying Phyrexian Mana...and then your spells are useless.
yeah, angel of jubilation sure is tearing up metas everywhere.

i would probably not play basilica screecher, and go for blind obedience instead, since it slows down the game a touch for you. basilica guards might also be good over kingpin's pet for the same reason.

The Admiral

yeah, angel of jubilation sure is tearing up metas everywhere.

Apparently it's at about $1.50 at its cheapest on TCGPlayer, but that might just be because Angel collectors.

i would probably not play basilica screecher, and go for blind obedience instead, since it slows down the game a touch for you. basilica guards might also be good over kingpin's pet for the same reason.

I'd really like to hope that I could just generally get this going as fast as possible, so I don't know how much control is preferred for this. However, I do like subbing out the Pets for Blind Obedience, because it's faster, but that's just me.