• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG Casual: Mythologicals/Griffins Deck (R/G/W)

TylerPhoenix

I'm glad to be back!
So guys, I've made this deck to not be super-OP or a big hitter. I'm a Society Leader for MTG at my sixth-form college, and in September, we have an influx of new members. So I want to make a deck which won't crush them like my G/R wolves or my 5-Colour Dragons.

I am only using the newer black-bordered cards due to a mix of personal preference, and budget/trading.

Land x 22

2 x Clifftop Retreat
3 x Forest
2 x Gavony Township
2 x Rootbound Crag
4 x Jungle Shrine
4 x Mountain
5 x Plains
2 x Sunpetal Grove

Creatures x 20

2 x Archwing Dragon
2 x Armored Griffin
1 x Balefire Dragon
1 x Fledgling Griffin
1x Primordial Hydra
1 x Magma Phoenix
2 x Griffin Rider
2 x Makindi Griffin
1 x Stormfront Pegasus
4 x Retaliator Griffin
2 x Rith, The Awakener
2 x Silverclaw Griffin

Spells x 18

2 x Angel's Mercy
1 x Bountiful Harvest
1 x War Report
2 x Colossal Might
1 x Congregate
2 x Eland Umbra
2 x Lightning Bolt
2 x Overrun
2 x Ray of Revelations
1 x Solemn Offering
2 x Whitesun's Passage

Sideboard

1 x Jugan, The Rising Star
1 x Moonveil Dragon
2 x Overrun
1 x Ryusei, The Falling Star
2 x Sigil of the Nayan Gods
1 x Yosei, The Morning Star
1 x Thunder Dragon
4 x Rampant Growth
2 x Rolling Temblor

As you can see, most of the super-threats are in the sideboard - the deck can be tweaked and modified a lot, and I have lots of other R/G/W cards I can fit - I want the deck to be a majority of flying creatures though.