• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

[mtg-casual] ophidiophobia

SNAKES

creatures (26):
[4] ambush viper
[4] coiling oracle
[4] lorescale coatl
[4] mystic snake
[4] ohran viper
[2] seshiro the anointed
[4] winged coatl

other spells (10):
[2] snake umbra
[4] snakeform
[4] voidslime

land (24):
[4] evolving wilds
[6] forest
[4] hinterland harbor
[6] island
[4] simic growth chamber

YEAH

the manabase is kind of annoying, i'd love to run misty rainforest+breeding pool but that is stupidly expensive. it's a shame that simic doesn't have any interesting spell-lands as well. :c

other cards i am considering toying with or at least having in the sideboard:
river boa
mire boa
patagia viper
shisato, whispering hunter
sosuke's summons

i think most of them will be sb cards, though. i feel like i don't need sakura-tribe elder's ramp, and mold adder seems generally worse than river+mire boa. the other two i don't really know, but shisato seems good with patagia viper.

Last edited:

SugarFreeJazz

not present
I don't really have anything constructive to add, but have you considered Sosuke's Summons, Lotus Cobra, or Alluring Sirens? Sosuke's Summons is pretty slow, but it would probably work best with Shisato, if you end up putting her in the deck. Lotus Cobra, simply because it's a snake with a very good Landfall ability. Though since there's no combination (that I know of) that you could pull off with Lotus Cobra in this deck, I don't know if it'd be worth spending 20-40 dollars for 2-4 of them. And finally, Alluring Siren because it's ability + your Deathtouch snakes could work nicely together. I'm sure there are other cards with similar effects as Alluring Siren that might work better with your deck, but I don't know of any off the top of my head.

yeah i don't need lotus cobra, ramp isn't what this deck is about really. alluring siren is good but eh i can just flash in and block anyway. if she was a snake i'd consider differently. sosuke's summons... it's a very, very good card, but i'm just not sure what i'm going to do with some snake tokens outside of using shisato. i just really like how all of my creatures have utility, and adding random snake tokens seems kinda bad to me, idk.