• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Bubble Matrix

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/weatherlight/bubble_matrix.jpg[/IMG200]
Bubble Matrix - Weatherlight. Rare
4: Artifact
All damage dealt to creatures is reduced to 0.
"This device was commisioned by a king who desired peace. Unfortunately, the royal artificer was also the king's jester."
-Hanna, Weatherlight navigator.

I like this card. The first that comes to my mind when I look at this card is burns to the face. Have some tiny creatures that are able to chump block flyers, fear, etc. Have alotta Lightning Bolts, Lava Axes, etc, you got the game won.

4 mana cost is kinda hard, but it should be fast enough for you to set up creatures for 3 turns.

The Duck's Rating: 2.5/5

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
A decent card, kinda makes it hard for you to win if your main win condition is beating down with creatures, but that should not be a problem if your able to overwhelm you're opponent with creatures or draw removal like Chainer's Edit etc.It is a nice card to use if need to protect creatures like Platinum Angel for some wacky combo. 2/5

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
2.5/5

I really don't like this card outside of a heavy flying/landwalk deck. This works extremely well with creatures that have "You may deal combat damage to the opponent as if the creature weren't blocked", such as Lone Wolf in green. Still it's iffy, but 4 mana is nice. Of course, if you're playing against green or white, Naturalize/Disenchant will REALLY mess you up big time.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Hmm... I would love to see this against a Crowd Control deck.
Screams Unblockability all over. Fly! Landwalk! Whispersilk Cloak!
And works beautifully with burn decks as well.
(Block, burn, laugh.)

S

Sergay Wang

Bubble Matrix is fairly pointless.

So what? My creatures don't take damage. This ultimately means whoever has the most creatures or the biggest tramplers basically wins. Ultimately it means it's a creature race. Or you'll have to race the creatures with direct damage.

I'd rather run Ensnaring Bridge in a burn deck and just combo it with Bottled Cloister or Grafted Skullcap.

OVERALL: 2/5

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
King Loki said:
So what? My creatures don't take damage. This ultimately means whoever has the most creatures or the biggest tramplers basically wins. Ultimately it means it's a creature race. Or you'll have to race the creatures with direct damage.
That does seem intriguing. Have super tramplers with vigilance to block. Seems very fun IMO.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Makes sense. Should probably wait for you to post in COTDs first from now on to prevent utter n00bishness from showing. Anyway, super-tramplers are fun, but I was under the impression that you have to destroy a creature first before Trample kicks in.
Damn.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
skiboydoggy said:
but I was under the impression that you have to destroy a creature first before Trample kicks in.
Damn.
Super Trample = Direct Damage

You may have ___ deal damage to target player as though it weren't blocked

have Privileged Position so you dont get owned by Boomerang/Terrors and proceed in equiping to pump or auraing to pump.

Seems very very fun now in casual.

S

Sergay Wang

In order for trample to take effect, the blocking creature must be dealt damage greater then it's toughness, not necessarily destroyed. So, if you attacked with a 3/3 trampling War Mammoth and your opponent blocked with a 2/4 Giant Spider, you could have War Mammoth trample over if you cast Shock on Giant Spider before combat damage is dealt.

If the damage is prevented, the creature can still trample over. So a 4/4 Arrgant Wum can still hurt a player if it gets blocked by a 1/1 Coast Watcher, Arrogant Wurm woul deal 3 damage to the defending player.

Basically, if you have more damage assigned to the blocking creature then it has toughness, the trampler will trample over.

S

Sergay Wang

From my understanding of Bubble Matrix, creatures still trample over other blocking creatures if they have greater power.

Just because the damage is reduced to zero, you can still assign damage greater then their toughness to trample over. Like with protection.

If a 1 toughness creature blocks a 4 power trampler, the trampler can still deal 3 to a player whether the 1 toughness creature took damage or not. Understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.