• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Clutch of the Undercity

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ravnica/clutch_of_the_undercity.jpg[/IMG200]
Clutch of the Undercity - Ravnica: City of Guilds. Uncommon
1UUB: Instant
Return target permanent to its owner's hand. Its controller loses 3 life.
Transmute 1UB (1UB, Discard this card: Search your library for a card with the same converted mana cost as this card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. Play only as a sorcery.)

I like this card. I really do. Maybe because it won me a match where I was going to lose next turn, but drew this card and won. I dont know, but bounce + 3 life lost seems like a good deal to me. Basically a Boomerang + Volcanic Hammer in one card.

1UUR: Clutch of the Overcity
Return target permanent to its owner's hand. Deal 3 damage to target creature.

Izzet?

Anyway, if you dont find a use for this card (i dont see how you can't, bouncing a permanent aint half bad) then you can always transmute for Circu, Dimir Houseguard, Keening Banshee, Moroii, Strands of Undeath, and Vedalken Entrancer. Again, this ain't half bad.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
Wow that could really be a pain. I don't have any but I would use it even without the transmute. With a bit of hand control you can make them discard the bounced card as well. Kind of reminds me of recoil. Except recoil is a discard not a life loss.

3/5

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
This is so much better than That Which Was Taken. They don't deserve the same score.

This card is awsome. Seriously, bounce AND life loss, OR get 4-drops (a lot of good dimir cards.)

3.5/5

Status
Not open for further replies.