• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Concerted Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ravnica/concerted_effort.jpg[/IMG200]
Concerted Effort - Ravnica: City of Guilds. Rare
2WW: Enchantment
At the beginning of each player's upkeep, all creatures you control gain flying until end of turn if a creature you control has flying. The same is true for fear, first strike, double strike, land walk, protection, trample and vigilance.
# Oct 1, 2005 - For example, a player controls three creatures when Concerted Effort's ability resolves: one creature with flying and protection from red, one with islandwalk and protection from green; and one with vigilance. All three creatures will have flying, islandwalk, vigilance, protection from red, and protection from green until the end of the turn.
# Oct 1, 2005 - Creatures keep all abilities granted this way until the end of the turn, even if Concerted Effort or the original creature with that ability leaves play.

This card seems SOOO much fun. However, there is one part of the card that I dont like. "at the beginning of each player's upkeep" I wish it was "whenever your creature gains/has ___ this ability, all of your creatures gain this ability until end of turn. Then stuff like Predators Strike and Flight would be awesome on the same turn. But it's not, but it's still fun.

The Ducks Rating: 2/5

S

Sergay Wang

So basically you wanted:

"As long as you control a creature with Flying, all other creatures you control have flying. The same is true for (everything else listed)."

Kinda better, kinda worse IMO. I mean, granted, you might not own a Flying creature during your upkeep, but if we did it the way I typed out, it would be too easy for someone to simple kill the flying creature you control, then block to kill everything else.

And if we stuck "Until end of turn" in, the rules would be a nightmare to understand.

Overall, Concertted Effort is a fun card. Most likely only to be used in draft, and even then it's conditional. It'll probably never touch a real tournament level deck... well... not a good one at least. =p

In draft, once someone pulled this out on me and then pulled out a Razia. That was the only time it I ever thought Concerted Effort was scary.

Limited: 3/5
Casual: 2.5/5
Constructed: 2/5

Status
Not open for further replies.