• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Gemstone Mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/WL/en-us/Card4592.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/TSB/en-us/Card109761.jpg[/IMG200]
Gemstone Mine - Weatherlight, Time Spiral Timeshifted. Uncommon, S
Land
Gemstone Mine comes into play with three mining counters on it.
T, Remove a mining counter from Gemstone Mine: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. If there are no mining counters on Gemstone Mine, sacrifice it.

I guess I should start doing the MTG COTDs again.

I have to say, this card is underrated. This totally smooths out your mana if youre running 3+ colors. I would have to say, you dont really need this in a 2 color deck with Dual + Pain land, but 3 colors, I have to say this card is a keeper. I would say that this card tops of Tendo Ice Bridge by a long shot. It comes into play with 3 counters. By turn 3, you SHOULD establish your mana base with accel or by signets. And in that case, the Mine has done its job and smoothed out your mana curve the first 3 turns.

Although, I would caution running 4 ofs or even 3, since having a hand full of mines = no mana late game.

The Duck's Rating: 3.75/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
This is an early game card for those multi-coloured nutters, but other than that, this thing is useless. Even in a multi-coloured deck, you will only pack like, 1-2, and chances are you won't get them in your opening draw, which is where it is most useful.

Bleargh.

2/5.

~Sirnight~

Come along, dear
Eh, this is Ok. All these new cards! I stopped most of my collecting with the Guilds packs. But anyway, the art looks old school, but it's a pretty neat card, useful sort of, and this could come in handy.

2.5/5

3/5 In 3+ color decks.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
[IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/WL/en-us/Card4592.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/TSB/en-us/Card109761.jpg[/IMG200]
Gemstone Mine - Weatherlight, Time Spiral Timeshifted. Uncommon, S
Land
Gemstone Mine comes into play with three mining counters on it.
T, Remove a mining counter from Gemstone Mine: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. If there are no mining counters on Gemstone Mine, sacrifice it.

I guess I should start doing the MTG COTDs again.

I have to say, this card is underrated. This totally smooths out your mana if youre running 3+ colors. I would have to say, you dont really need this in a 2 color deck with Dual + Pain land, but 3 colors, I have to say this card is a keeper. I would say that this card tops of Tendo Ice Bridge by a long shot. It comes into play with 3 counters. By turn 3, you SHOULD establish your mana base with accel or by signets. And in that case, the Mine has done its job and smoothed out your mana curve the first 3 turns.

Although, I would caution running 4 ofs or even 3, since having a hand full of mines = no mana late game.

The Duck's Rating: 3.75/5

Boros Deck Wins and Zoo much? This card is amazing in decks that simply need to develop fast and hard. If you want a developed mana-base, it's not worth running, but if your deck is coming out of the gates hard and fast, it will not only fix your colors, by the time it leaves, you'll have access to the colors you need anyways. This actually makes 4-Color Threshold very viable in extended, where attempting the access that many colors is usually suicide. In my opinion, this is one of the best lands in print, actually capping out over shocks and pains, maybe even the original duals, in 3 or more color decks. Its easy fixing with no commitment. That's a buy in my book.

Also, are you ever going to reallistically have a hand of straight mines?

Status
Not open for further replies.