• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Lotus Bloom

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[img200]http://resources.wizards.com/Magic/Cards/TSP/en-us/Card114904.jpg[/img200]
Lotus Bloom - Timespiral. Rare
Suspend 3 - 0 (Rather than play this card from your hand, pay 0 and remove it from the game with three time counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a time counter. when you remove the last, play it without paying its mana cost.)
T, Sacrifice Lotus Bloom: Add three mana of any one color to your mana pool.

The mighty wanna be black lotus. The fact that you can play a 7 mana card turn 4 is just amazing. It accels you that much, but with a cost of waiting 3 turns. Dragonstorm made it famous, and the most useful, going off right when its fully suspended. It's a great card to play your big spells, but a not very good top deck late game. It's worth thinking about for those combo decks with huge mana costs. Not to mention you save a couple hundreds of dollars, compared to buying the original black lotus ;-)

The Duck's Rating: 3.25/5

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Wannabe Black Lotus. You'll want this early game.

Is there any other way to play it other than to suspend? It would be much better if you could do so.

Overall, not a bad card. Fear it.

3/5.

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
This thing is great for any deck that needs to accel QUICKLY. I should get some of these for my Simic deck to make turn 4 SSS more realistic.

Felix, this card would cost about 4 or 5 if it could be played without suspending it. However you can still play it with cards that let you play something without paying its mana cost.

4/5

Last edited:

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
Oh yeah...

lol 3 turn lotus. XD Well, this is the next card that everybody wants...

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
This thing is great for any deck that needs to accel QUICKLY. I should get some of these for my Simic deck to make turn 4 SSS more realistic.

Felix, this card would cost about 4 or 5 if it could be played without suspending it. However you can still play it with cards that let you play something without paying its mana cost.

4/5

In my opinion, this is for decks that excel slowly. If you want to excel fast play rituals. This thing's turn four clock is a bit too clunky for my liking.

On this card in general, I feel that it's pretty good, but not too impressive. The delay on the Lotus seems a bit too strenuous for my liking. Excellent for casual, but the suspend without a plausible way to make up for it makes the loss of card advantage not worth the reward. All in all, from my first testing of it after checking it out, it seemed too slow in a fast environment.

2.5/5

-jimbyob-

mudkip mudkip mudkip
Tis in my suspend deck love this cards wins me many matches then again i verse crap people so meh. but i have 4 bought 2 got 2 in my time spiral fat pack i mostly use it to summon powerful cards like teferi mage of zhalfir, any way ill give it a:

4/5 in a suspend deck

3.5/5 in a normal deck

Status
Not open for further replies.