• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Loxodon Warhammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/mirrodin/loxodon_warhammer.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/9e/loxodon_warhammer.jpg[/IMG200]
Loxodon Warhammer - Mirrodin, 9th Edition. Uncommon/ Rare
3: Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +3/+0, has trample, and has "Whenever this creature deals damage, you gain that much life."
Equip 3(3: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery. This card comes into play unattached and stays in play if the creature leaves play.)
-----
Equip 3(3: Attach to target creature you control. Equip only as a sorcery.)

Awesome card. Trample, +3/+0, and Spirit Link, all in one card. Just awesome.

Black: Equip it to a creature with Fear. wahoo
Blue/White: Flying
Green: Equip to a creature that can't be targeted. Plated Slagwurm? Hi I'm an 11/8 who likes to trample over you while i give my dementia caster 11 life.

Maybe Troll Ascetic? 6/2, Gain 6 life and regenerate.

Just awesome, I absolutely loves this card.

The Duck's Rating: 4/5

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
This works VERY well with some of the previous creatures we talked about, and can fit in almost any deck with a cost of just 3 colorless mana.

+3 strength is nothing to laugh at on its own. With this, it tramples and serves as a source of life in addition. At only 3 mana, more decks should be playing this. Heck, if it cost 4 mana, I'd still be playing it. 4.75/5

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
3/5

It's not that great, outside of limited.

I mean, sure, +3/+0, lifegain, and spirit link is good.

But, that takes 6 mana.

that 6 mana could be better spent really.

But, hey, its an arti, so thats plus points. But, take into account that arti hate is fairly high still from mirrodin (give it a few more months and itll probably even out, depending on area, etc.), and that MBC goes 2B: Rend Flesh to you. That or force a sacrifice. Whatever, heh.

Man, I love MBC.

So, again, 3/5.

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
Nice card, giving Spirit Link,Trample and +3/+0 is very good.Though I do agree with Chaoslord that six mana is a little too much to pay.Again it's a nice card but I think it that only having to pay two to equip would have been much better. 3/5

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
I'll say one thing for sure- Warhammer is godly in limited. Outside of it, not so much. The initial three mana investment is fine and dandy for what it does. Hell, that's why Armadillo Cloak is so good. The part after it where there's and equip cost of three kills this. For one creature you pay an investment of six mana. Nine for two creatures. You'll probably end up paying more if you rely on this because it instantly makes the equipped creature a target that must die.

Basically, while the effect is pretty good, in practice it's a little lacking.
2.7/5
;245;

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
Well, not only in limited, but in casual play, the Warhammer is awesome as well. Since Casual play doesn't have the turn 4 game over status, but rather, it takes like 15 turns to finish, this card is fit in pretty nicely. Yes, it's 6 mana but that's if you're going to play and equip this on the same turn. It's not that hard to save up 3 mana for 2 turns, especially in casual play and limited play, as stated already.

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
kaizer63 said:
I'll say one thing for sure- Warhammer is godly in limited. Outside of it, not so much. The initial three mana investment is fine and dandy for what it does. Hell, that's why Armadillo Cloak is so good. The part after it where there's and equip cost of three kills this. For one creature you pay an investment of six mana. Nine for two creatures. You'll probably end up paying more if you rely on this because it instantly makes the equipped creature a target that must die.

Basically, while the effect is pretty good, in practice it's a little lacking.
2.7/5
;245;

Id play armadillo cloak over it, but thats me. Probably because I opened a holo one.

S

Sergay Wang

Turn 4 wins are only consistant in Type 1 from my experience. Unless you're playing combo, but that's never that consistant.

Either way, I must agree that Warhammer is a bit slow for constructed. Casual it does okay, since there's so few casual players who can deal with something like Plated Slagwurm or Trolls Ascetic easily. But Warhammer is expensive.

It's the same reason why Sunforger is considered a borderline good card by most competitive players, and Sunforger lets you play any instant in your deck for whatever situation you may need!

Mirrordin used to be the coolest set to draft back in the day. Warhammer was probably the highest uncommon draft pick there could be. And Warhammer on a Spikeshot Goblin used to be absurd.

"Yes, my Goblin is killing your Fangreen Hunter for a red mana. Yes, I do gain 4 life. Yes, I do believe you should scoop."

Limited: 4.9/5
Casual: 3.5/5
Constructed: 2/5

Status
Not open for further replies.