• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Night Dealings

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/chk/night_dealings.jpg[/IMG200]
Night Dealings - Champions of Kamiwaga. Rare
2BB: Enchantment
Whenever a source you control deals damage to another player, put that many theft counters on Night Dealings.
2BB, Remove X theft counters from Night Dealings: Search your library for a nonland card with converted mana cost X, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

4 mana. That sticks out right in my face right there. Diabolic/Demonic Tutor says hi. I guess it'll work if you base a deck around this card, have Fear, hope your opponent doesn't have any Artifacts or Black creatures, get your game winner. However, I would still rather have Diabolic/Demonic Tutor even if it is a one time thing compared to Night Dealings.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
The ability to get any nonland card out of your deck is really nice, but it costs way too much mana. 4 to get it out, and 4 more to use the ability. Plus, it requires you to deal damage to your opponent to put the counters on the card...something you can't exactly do when you're in a jam. And that is when the card's effect would be most useful. 1.5/5

May I suggest reviewing Selesnya Guildmage or Rushwood Dryad tomorrow?

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
I like how it's a continuous tutor, but that's the only good thing about this card.Four mana would be OK for a tutor, but eight mana no way.What you can search out is also kinda situational. 2/5

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
~RaikouRider243~ said:
May I suggest reviewing Selesnya Guildmage or Rushwood Dryad tomorrow?
Sure, they'll be the next ones when they match the color order Im going in.

Next one - Artifact
then Gold - Selesnya Guildmage
then Red
then Green - Rushwood Dryad

Better write that down.

S

Sergay Wang

If you played a deck around it, wouldn't you lose a lot of power if your opponent sided in Naturalize? Or Seed Spark? Or just blocked/killed all your creatures?

Diabolic Tutor is definitely better then this, even if Diabolic Tutor is a one shot. Transmute is definitely better and cheaper. And even Spoils of the Vault is arguably better. It at least gets played in Type 1.

OVERALL: 1/5

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Well... Putting card in hand is somewhat useful, but you need to pay mana once again for the summoning itself... There are better.
Useful enough for massing spells of smaller stature, but if you actually plan on using this card in any big deck, by the time you get to use the ability you would have killed your opponent... Oops.
Subjective, and I am quite sure I have no idea what I am talking about...

Shadow the Hedgehog

DON'T F$#@ WITH ME!
Meh. 2/5 You have to get those theft counters on it. So for the extra four mana you should get to use it directly as When you get enough theft counters for anything big the game is probably almost over anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.