• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: One With Nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/sok/one_with_nothing.jpg[/IMG200]
One With Nothing - Saviors of Kamiwaga. Rare
B: Instant
Discard your hand.
When nothing remains, everything is equally possible.

At first glance you're going to be like "DISCARD YOUR HAND!? WTF?!". I was like that too but then look at what color the card is. Reanimating decks are going to be hungry for this. However, your whole hand? I'd rather just play Wrench Mind or other discarding cards that have "Target Player" and target myself and discard the creature you want to reanimate.

There really isn't a good side on this card since discarding your whole hand... You wont be able to come back by drawing cards and splashing a little blue since you'll be going card draw by card draw. Not to mention, if you're reanimating, you discard your whole hand and wait until you draw the reanimate cards. Not so great.

The Duck's Rating: 1.5/5

Kaizer

A Shadow of Darkness
Ok, this card is incredibly awesome. I mean, come on, it's 1/2 of Lion's Eye Diamond, which was broken. Wouldn't that mean this card is freaking awesome? And then, have you seen this thing's name abbreviated, it's OwN. That right there should tell you how good it is.

Actually, the card really is decent though. I wouldn't give it above a two, but the Johnny's around the world are still working on breaking this thing. I will say that SDT+OwN+(Worldgorger Dragon Deck)= Awesome.
Anyways, 1.7/5
;245;

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
Alright. One with nothing. A card I hate.

A card that was made really bad on purpose.

A card therefore that gets a 2.

Alright, lets go over my logic again.

This card seems to want to be broken. And that is HARD to do. It challenges players to think outside of the box to find an insane combo with this. I know there is one that exists, but I have yet to find it. Probably deals around cards that trigger off of discard, plus some card drawing from in play cards, or something. I know its around.

However, this card is CHEAP tech in Reanimator.

This + Sensei's Divining Top is a pretty nice way to help your win along. Then again, so is tutoring, but, SDT acts like a mini tutor, allowing you to go 3 cards deep, where you can either find your finisher (probably fireball), Reanimate itself, and/or a better tutor.

And plus, it costs B. And is an instant, unlike a lot of discard. So, if you need to hold things and wait to see what your opponent does, you can, and then at EOT, discard your hand, and then untap and have all of your mana.

Its probably a cheap rare to pick up too. So, 2/5.

EDIT: sarnath'd by six minutes. I HATE YOU KAIZER!! AGH!

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
I understand the reanimation, but you'd have to build a black deck with reanimation to make this card useful. It's about as useful as Last Chance in red; this is good when you need to dump lots of monsters for reanimation, but it's only good when you need to do that.

1/5.

S

Sergay Wang

This card sucks. Sucks bad. Sucks so bad, it should probably be on it's own level of sucking bad.

Putrid Imp is Reanimator's primary form of discarding any creatures they happen to hold in hand. It's a creature that can get Flying and can get relatively big (for the cost) via Threshold and help you discards as much as you want, when you want, however much you want, instantly.

One With Nothing completely screws you. At best, if gives you Threshold, but Book Burning did the same job much easier. In reanimator, this makes you discard your reanimation spells, like Exhume, Reanimate, and Life/Death, Stitch Together, Zombify, or Vigor Mortis- which you need. So unless you're running only Nerzumi Graverobber as your primary source of reanimation, you'll not want to discard your whole hand.

It's why people say Moonlight Bargain will be strong in T2 Reanimator, cause you only keep the reanimation spells and let the rest dump themselves in the graveyard. It's also why Ideas Unbound or Compulsive Research or Gifts Ungiven is strong in reanimater. Pick the reanimtor, dump the big, expensive creatures.

Wizard's R&D Arguement on this can be found here.

Lion's Eye Diamond was only broken AFTER they invented Flashback and Madness. Before that, it was total ****. "Oh, lose my entire hand and get three colorless mana for... nothing to cast... Oops. Take 3 mana burn I suppose."

Best way to use One with Nothing:

[Player 1 casts Duress.]
Player 2: Haha! Response!
[Player 2 casts One with Nothing.]
[Player 2 discards 6 cards from his hand. Cards in Hand: 0]
Player 2: No Duressing for you!
[Player 1 has no legal targets for Duress.]
Player 1: ...

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
King Loki said:
This card sucks. Sucks bad. Sucks so bad, it should probably be on it's own level of sucking bad.

Putrid Imp is Reanimator's primary form of discarding any creatures they happen to hold in hand. It's a creature that can get Flying and can get relatively big (for the cost) via Threshold and help you discards as much as you want, when you want, however much you want, instantly.

One With Nothing completely screws you. At best, if gives you Threshold, but Book Burning did the same job much easier. In reanimator, this makes you discard your reanimation spells, like Exhume, Reanimate, and Life/Death, Stitch Together, Zombify, or Vigor Mortis- which you need. So unless you're running only Nerzumi Graverobber as your primary source of reanimation, you'll not want to discard your whole hand.

It's why people say Moonlight Bargain will be strong in T2 Reanimator, cause you only keep the reanimation spells and let the rest dump themselves in the graveyard. It's also why Ideas Unbound or Compulsive Research or Gifts Ungiven is strong in reanimater. Pick the reanimtor, dump the big, expensive creatures.

Wizard's R&D Arguement on this can be found here.

Lion's Eye Diamond was only broken AFTER they invented Flashback and Madness. Before that, it was total ****. "Oh, lose my entire hand and get three colorless mana for... nothing to cast... Oops. Take 3 mana burn I suppose."

Best way to use One with Nothing:

[Player 1 casts Duress.]
Player 2: Haha! Response!
[Player 2 casts One with Nothing.]
[Player 2 discards 6 cards from his hand. Cards in Hand: 0]
Player 2: No Duressing for you!
[Player 1 has no legal targets for Duress.]
Player 1: ...

two turn kill with LED:

Gemstone Mine, Brainstorm. go.
Next turn: City of Brass, Dark Ritual, Duress (Storm Count 2), Lion's Eye Diamond (Storm Count 3), Mox (Storm Count 4), Burning Wish, sac the Lion's Eye Diamond in response (storm count 5). Retrieve/play Yawgmoth's Will (Storm Count 6) Replay Dark Ritual. Replay Lion's Eye Diamond and sac for blue. (Storm Count 8) Replay Duress, Replay Brainstorm (Storm Count 10) Play Tendrils of Agony from your graveyard for 22 points of damage. gg.

That doesnt use flashback OR madness.

S

Sergay Wang

Yawgmoth's Will is basically: EVERYTHING IN THE GRAVE NOW HAS FLASHBACK.

Yes, it doesn't use the keyword, but they're practically exactly the same.

chaoslord

Not...Pigeons....
it sure does, heh

Status
Not open for further replies.