• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Paradox Haze

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
I figure that the time is more than ripe for some Time Spiral rates. So I'm picking out one of my favorite cards that has been previewed so far.

[img200]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/mtgcom/fcpics/house/cm36_w7woaca5a8zw5ulc.jpg[/img200]

Paradox Haze

2U

Enchantment-Aura

Enchant Player

At the beginning of enchanted player's first upkeep each turn, that player gets and additional upkeep after this step.
---------------------------------------
Seeing this made my eyes nearly pop out. The upkeep is a crucial step, and balances out many cards with the once per turn at the same time each turn drawback. But making the upkeep spaz and give you a second one? OMGWTFBBQ. This, IMO, is the most broken card I've seen previewed, and the most versatile. Screw Lotus Bloom and Serra Avenger, they don't NEARLY compare to this bad boy. Whether it's to get a bit more out of your Howling, dig your opponent into a fricking deep hole with Netsuke, or interact with nearly every single benefit card in the game, this is a card that you'll rarely be unhappy to see, especially in a deck around it.

And have I mentioned how godly one of these is with Enduring Ideal? Having one of these bad boys out post or pre Ideal means win in two turns max. I see it going, Confiscate threat or mana, Meishin+Dovescape, Double Form of the Dragon, Win with 20 damage per Form. Pwnage.

And that's just a FEW of the uses. There's nearly infinite possibilities with this card, and all of them very helpful and possibly game turning. I don't even really need to explain why this card is kick-***, most people can see for themselves.

4-4.5(depending on the match-up. It matters quite a bit when using this)/5

Last edited:

Felix Feral Fezirix

Densetsu no Pikachu!
>_< This is so abusable! Just put this on and start putting stuff that takes effect on upkeep...LIKE FORM OF THE DRAGON!

Form of the Dragon: Hello. -mash- 5 damage, thank you.
-Paradox Haze activates-
Form of the Dragon: Hello.
Opponent: Uh-oh.
Form of the Dragon: -mash-

LOL. Not to mention if you're bored, you can pile on the age counters twice as fast to pull something big. How about that strange enchanment that gives you extra mana equivalent to the number of age counters on it?

-Fireball!-

There're too many things you can do. Of course, you must have the right cards. That is the big problem.

-roots through card stock- I don't have anything to use with this... T.T

Anyway, this things roxz0rz. It deserves the 1337speak.

5/5.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
The Honden Shrine decks could use this quite well.

The_Darkness_Incarnate

+Erratic-Inanity+
Braid of Fire? Problem with that card...you have to use the mana during your upkeep.

It works if you can Magmatic Core the same turn. The Braid fuels the core, and the age counters pump out twice as fast on the core, which also fireballs, targeting everything, twice.

This also conveniently happens when one drops an Ideal. :D

All the possibilities with this card are pretty nuts. Debtors Knell in a Reanimator? Oh, 2 cards instead of one now, Agent of Masks in a free for all? Look at all that sapped energy at upkeep.

Upkeep is as the OP said, a crucial part of the game because so many things occur at upkeep.

I'm REALLY liking Blue in Time Spiral. Especially Tefari and the Split Second stuff.

4/5

Status
Not open for further replies.