• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Pox

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/ia/pox.jpg[/IMG200][IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/5e/pox.jpg[/IMG200]
Box - Ice Age, 5th Edition. Rare
BBB: Sorcery
Each player loses a third of his or her life, then discards a third of the cards in his or her hand, then sacrifices a third of the creatures he or she controls, then sacrifices a third of the lands he or she controls. Round each loss up.

ehh... k what? First of all, it's cost is BBB which makes it almost useless in multicolored decks.

Second, 1/3 life? 1/3 creatures? 1/3 lands? I guess this could go well in a deck that lacks creatures, but a hell of a lot of discard. awe well, this card is up in the air with me.

The Duck's Rating: 2/5

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
A nice card, hits all the important things. (creatures,lands,hand and life) The mana cost can be problematic, but if your running this in a mono black deck you should have no problems. 3/5

~RaikouRider243~

Lightning Swordsman
0_o

I totally forgot about the U/B control deck, and I'd say it's a 2.5/5 in that deck because of the mass control in everything. The reason why it doesn't score higher is because of its high mana cost. Control needs to save its mana for Counterspells and the like. If it cost 2UB or 2BB instead, it would have worked better. It can work in mono black and in control, but the mana cost can be a bit cumbersome in the latter unless you play the U/B dual land card in fours...the one from Ravnica works the best.

skiboydoggy

Ski > You
Decent in pure black, however, big decks will remain a problem seeing as how:
(OMG! You sacrificed my 1 out of 3 possible 11/11 Creatures!)
Either that, or buff decks.
(ZOMG! You killed a third my creatures and took 7 health off! Stir The Pride.)

Also, it makes perfect fodder of cards such as Wirewood Herald, Threshold cards, and just about any other black sacrifice deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.