• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

MTG COTD: Price of Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

klducks

Constipation= Fetish
[IMG200]http://www.wizards.com/global/images/magic/odyssey/price_of_glory.jpg[/IMG200]
Price of Glory - Odyssey. Uncommon
2R: Enchantment
Whenever a player taps a land for mana during another player's turn, destroy that land.
"True strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me."
-Kamahl, pit fighter

k. This card can be an unorthodox way of destroying your opponents land or stop them from playing their instants during your turn, which can be a big loss at most times. However, I'm really not feeling this card. It's an easy 3 drop, granted it has 2 colorless mana in it, but I dont feel this card for some reason.

The Duck's Rating: 1.5/5

Shadow Trainer

Hive Trainer
I guess this is useful if you use it against MUC or against an opponent who plays alot of spells during your turn, so really this is strickly a sideboard card. 2/5

S

Sergay Wang

This card could be used to stop control decks, but in all honesty, there's plenty of options that work better that don't suppress you from using Instants or Abilities.

Someone did talk about using this card last extended season to stop Scepter Chant, but ultimately, there were many more useful ways to stop it, like Blinkmoth Well.

Anyway, it probably does deserve a bit more credit then people give it, like Skullscorch or Sylvan Safekeeper. Oh well, there's plenty of good cards that never get picked up.

OVERALL: 2/5

S

Sergay Wang

Actually, it doesn't stop control. Only slows it down.

I know that if I were playing Control, would cast Echoing Truth or some other permanent bounce spell on my turn to give myself an opportunity to counter it on yours. It would just mean I'd need to wait for sufficient mana before casting these spells.

So unless you play this in a heavy land destruction deck, it doesn't work well. But if you put it in a land destruction deck, it will often turn into an unneccessary card, as land destruction already shuts down control decks.

This is probably the main reason why it's not played. Why waste a slot in your deck that will likely not net any land destruction when you can use the same 2R on Stone Rain and the like?

Status
Not open for further replies.